Prothyon - 16

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Prothyon - 16 [WIP] Coop Mission

Postby speed2 » 29 Aug 2015, 12:26

Looking for voice actors with sexy voice, good english and decent microphone.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby maxathron » 31 Aug 2015, 03:45

speed2 wrote:I designed the mission for spam and usage of ACU, and thats excatly what you have to do to win. I didnt want any turtle fest you can see in all the other missions. I think Ive already said this few lines above

And if you reclaim what you kill, you have enough resources for continuous spam that will easily break through AI defences.

I'm pretty sure the reason people tend to go turtle tank in the missions is because the mission throws a massive early wave at you, and of course, you typically have no where to go. You're also an ACU dealing with swarms of T1, quite a bit of T2, and the AI automatically has air superiority.

With no where to go and a very vulnerable if it blows up you lose the mission unit, you can't help but go turtle. Do you honestly want to be facing off against 6-8 Oblivion tanks at the same time on the second mission? And if you somehow kill them, low and behold, the AI's new 12 T2 Gunship patrol just found you. Of the six FA missions, four put you in a corner with this gigantic army and air force sitting at your gate. The result: A massive turtle fest.

Mission 3 has Rhiza's force as a shield arm against the Seraphim navy, of which doesn't try to rush you from the onset, but content to patrol around the first crystal island. The 6th mission gives you some Titans and a Colossus to defend the base and dish out early damage, plus you start at Tech 3 from the two support commanders.

But I digress. It is a Co-Op mission. I just like to do things solo. If only there was the Army-type gamemode for FAF as there is in Pla<censored>.
maxathron

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Maxathron

Postby speed2 » 31 Aug 2015, 04:51

I never said this is going to be easy peasy mission. It is hard and it will stay hard. If you want to turtle there are plenty of other missions.

It is a coop mission but its designed just for one player. There is no other way to make it easily playable then do it as a coop mission, but that doesnt matter since people would want to play it in coop anyway (same thing as SC/FA campaing).

If you have troubles beating it, take a buddy with you, if 2 is not enough, you can increase it up to 4 people. If its still too hard, its time to learn new tricks and then try again.

And yes I would prefer other mission to be much harder. I ll redo vanilla missions at some point to 1000x harder difficulty.
speed2
Contributor

Postby G51 » 02 Sep 2015, 13:51

speed2 wrote:I never said this is going to be easy peasy mission. It is hard and it will stay hard. If you want to turtle there are plenty of other missions.

It is a coop mission but its designed just for one player. There is no other way to make it easily playable then do it as a coop mission, but that doesnt matter since people would want to play it in coop anyway (same thing as SC/FA campaing).

If you have troubles beating it, take a buddy with you, if 2 is not enough, you can increase it up to 4 people. If its still too hard, its time to learn new tricks and then try again.

And yes I would prefer other mission to be much harder. I ll redo vanilla missions at some point to 1000x harder difficulty.

I think you can expand the map further, and introduce T2 & T3 Navy and more advanced Units, so we can have more coop missions other than the 24 in vanilla and SCFA. Or on the basis of that, more campaign coop missions will be available. What matters, however I think, might be a mass of work. But overall, I 'd like to say thanks, for your creative job.
G51

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: G51

Postby speed2 » 02 Sep 2015, 13:58

G51 wrote:I think you can expand the map further, and introduce T2 & T3 Navy and more advanced Units, so we can have more coop missions other than the 24 in vanilla and SCFA. Or on the basis of that, more campaign coop missions will be available. What matters, however I think, might be a mass of work. But overall, I 'd like to say thanks, for your creative job.

You know since what Ive relased so far for play testing is just a demo and demo's are usually just part of the actuall product, what do you think Im working on still? :P
I think I said that this demo is like 50% of the actuall lenght of the mission.
speed2
Contributor

Postby nine2 » 16 Sep 2015, 17:32

two players.

- desyncs straight away, but we ignore and seems ok
- Operation failed - ok button does nothing, can't close
- Is there a way to skip movie?
- very first part was the hardest
- nice job
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby theeggroll » 16 Sep 2015, 18:35

Desync prolly caused by lack of install the right files in the right place, are you sure you saved both video and sound files in the right spots? OK button doesn't do anything in all missions, co op bug not the mission. Just like all cut scenes in fa and faf you cannot skip them.
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby speed2 » 16 Sep 2015, 19:02

if it was single desync then its some coop mistery that might be one day solved
else as rolledegg said ^^
thanks
speed2
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 01 Oct 2015, 21:30

The time has come for some Beta testing of full mission. So Im looking for more testers.

I need people that:
  • know a bit how FAF works and where FAF folders are, and if I tell you where to paste files you will won't ask where's that folder on your pc.
  • can posts issues on github
  • are ready to play this long mission several times
  • have some basic skill, its a hard mission and I want to keep it this way

If you're intrested you can post below or PM me on forum/FAF...
speed2
Contributor

Postby nine2 » 01 Oct 2015, 23:36

I volunteer as tribute
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times