Co-op Missions Modding - Unit Cap Increase Topic is solved

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Co-op Missions Modding - Unit Cap Increase

Postby Moocats » 12 Jul 2017, 16:56

Hi all. I do hope it's ok that I post this here but it did seem the best area after poking around the forums a while.

I'm having some problems working out how to get mods working for the co-op. My friend and I like to royally piss about on hard. I mean the bases we build are just plain ridiculous. The problem is we fill out the entire 500 cap with buildings and have to use Artillery to just win by waiting. We badly need a unit cap increase mod but I've not been able to get any to work on co-op.

We've got some to work in the actual single player campaign mode but that doesn't translate to the co-op as I'm assuming that the co-op is actually closer to skirmish mode. I am sorry if this seems obvious to some but I'm having a hard time with this and would appreciate any assistance with setup and/or links to working mods to increase or better still remove the unit cap.

Many thanks,

Kane
Moocats

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Moocats

Re: Co-op Missions Modding - Unit Cap Increase

Postby KeyBlue » 12 Jul 2017, 17:45

For unit cap you could try to use a mod that changes the blueprint so each unit takes less unitcap.
For example "Unit Cap x4" mod will make every unit use up less unitcap (so 4 tanks count for 1 unit for unitcap)

And if thats not enough you could ofcourse easily change the mod to turn it into a 10x or 100x or whatever. Just need all players to use the same version.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Re: Co-op Missions Modding - Unit Cap Increase  Topic is solved

Postby Moocats » 16 Jul 2017, 14:22

Thanks for the reply.

So silly; the problem was because we didn't realize that the mod needed to be activated in the FaF hosted lobby. (Options / Mods) We just assumed having it in the game folders and turning it on in the game would be enough. Happy now. We've got the very same mod you mentioned as it happens Key; although I pushed it even further to 0.01 so yeah, basically no unit limit anymore it's great xD
Moocats

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Moocats

Return to Coop