FA Mission 6 - Overlord

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: FA Mission 6 - Overlord

Postby Idontknowman » 12 Dec 2017, 11:49

Bugs:
1) Rhiza claims she has lost huge parts of her base while everything is still intact and before the Seraphim nuke is even launched towards her base, let alone hitting it. Also I succeeded in teleporting over, constructing a bunch of hives and then 4 anti nukes that protected her naval base so a script that considers the whole "How's your status ?" -> "I've got to rebuild." obsolete IF the missile has been intercepted or her naval stuff still exists should be in place.
2) Upon Vendetta's audio "your faith in technology" the text and audio played are correct but the image shown is wrong: It's a static image of the UEF com guy ("gramps").
3) When using selfdestruct on the capturable control center for the option zero nuke the coms guy claims it has been destroyed while it was rather me using selfdestruct so a message like this is obsolete.
4) Vendetta uses her taunts even if she has already been defeated multiple minutes ago.
5) Fletcher uses his Fatboy experimentals wrong and just parks them underwater, north of the player's starting area opposed to actually using them on land.
6) Vendetta uses her line "I am not defeated yet." even if blowing up together with her Paragon.

And the whole huge issue I have with this mission is how incompetent Rhiza is. I've to provide anti nuke support for her naval stuff, anti air support for her, anti naval support for her, all while trying to wrestle down a base and the base below that base, fighting back an occasionally appearing laser space pizza, hoping it won't crash land into my base and Fletcher along with naval units meeting another right at the beach of my initial starting area, so that shields and defense there are also necessary to fight them.
...and yet Rhiza frequently managed to successfully suicide by walking right into new groups of enemies that would arrive whenever I was doing something elsewhere. She goes alone, she doesn't retreat when attacked, her shields are down or she has lost a certain percentage of health. She just runs straight into the next group of enemies whenever not keeping an eye on her. She's so damn annoying. No ally would be better than having her. Her single benefit is the nuke she'll use and her few air / naval units.

She just needs to be made useful which means no blind construction at all costs without caring for health or support units and even without retreating. She also needs to contribute something meaningful to the fight. Currently she neither succeeds in fighting back Vendetta nor Fletcher nor the Seraphim, just constructs a bunch of units. No long range artillery, no occasional super unit, no Paragon to go crazy with unit construction, no massive air attacks ever. The single thing she does well is with the anti nuke on her island that fails to cover the naval factories.

I get it that the player should be the deciding factor but she's just a useless, helpless victim ally at the moment that needs far more support than my base does. A burden.
The sole thing Rhiza is good for is using her nuke against the Seraphim's base. But she only does that once.

Things that would make Rhiza beneficial instead of just a burden:
mission phase#2:
-Naval: T2 subs to protect her coasts with patrolling areas far enough away from it to cover the spots where she has to go to rebuild; not few but many of these for defense; before phase#3 (final part) opens up she should have at least one battleship to fight the Seraphim T2 destroyers in the south along with Vendetta's naval units and an aircraft carrier in the north in front of her naval base to better fight back Fletcher's air attacks; as naval AA she should use T2 units, T1 just can't handle T3 Sera bombers; at least one engineer should support each naval factory to make sure it gets repaired opposed to being shot to pieces after some time
-she never sends any force towards Fletcher ever; if she'd try to slightly attack him with some T2 subs, some T2 destroyers and some T1 anti air ships every now and then (not anymore after he has been killed) that'd show a little support
-it'd help if she'd try to attack Vendetta's laser space donut with some Swiftwinds x seconds after it has been constructed so that it receives some damage after leaving Vendetta's base but before being close to the player's base (number of attackers reduced the higher the difficulty level)
-if the battle runs for too long (phase#3 and Vendetta is still alive) she should try to build a T3 artillery on her island to deal with Vendetta's base

mission phase#3 (final, end):
-if all enemy naval yards have been destroyed Rhiza should only keep some subs to protect her coasts along with some T2 cruisers and T3 naval units for either siege or anti air support and not replace any other losses (and eventually even get rid of then obsolete units); she should then start focussing on an invasion with a bunch of air units combined with some land units and an experimental Colossus every now and then
-she should be capable of amassing air units the same way Vendetta and Fletcher are capable of every now and then
-if the battle runs too long and Vendetta has been defeated she should try to send a group of at least 10 T3 engineers over to Vendetta's island to get a base started there for air attacks, try to build a new Paragon on the ruins of the old one that Vendetta used and if that succeeds she should start constructing at least 2x T3 artillery on that island that'll rain down on the Seraphim base around the rift, aiming for the anti nuke silos; this should also cause her to protect the coast of the aquired island with some additional T2 subs
-once all Seraphim anti nukes are down she should start nuking the Seraphim base around the rift, starting with their nuke launcher

The Seraphim rift: The structure has support structures on it's sides. These do nothing. Destroying them has no effect. It'd be nice if destroying them woudl either reduce the rift's hitpoints or regeneration.
Last edited by Idontknowman on 14 Dec 2017, 05:17, edited 7 times in total.
Idontknowman
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Postby PhilipJFry » 12 Dec 2017, 12:49

last time i played that mission rhiza was more than capable of holding her own ground (while not beating the order commander)
imo she should be losing in order to force the player to win faster or having to finish the mission without her
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Idontknowman » 12 Dec 2017, 14:29

PhilipJFry wrote:last time i played that mission rhiza was more than capable of holding her own ground (while not beating the order commander)
imo she should be losing in order to force the player to win faster or having to finish the mission without her

Typically she dies around the 30min mark, up to +6min due to walking right into enemy subs and destroyers. She can only hold her ground against a nuke aiming at her island and against weaker attacks. Any huge attack and she dies immediately or feeds herself to the enemy.
Idontknowman
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Previous

Return to Coop