Cybran Mission 4 - Mainframe Tango

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Postby speed2 » 24 Jan 2017, 20:16

Feedback Thread
Feel free to post any thoughts about this mission or suggestions of what you'd like to see changed or improved. Link to the recent changes can be found in this post: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13626&p=140165#p140165

Reporting an Issue
Please read these guidelines before posting an issue. viewtopic.php?f=78&t=13626#p140631
Having a proper report will help us fix issues faster.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Re: Cybran Mission 4 - Mainframe Tango

Postby qwop » 15 May 2017, 21:42

As of 2017-05-15 the mission is broken - IIRC the mainframe was supposed to be invisible until you've captured all three nodes but it's not, and if you captured it before capturing the nodes it still shows you the border around the mainframe and doesn't tick the objective as fulfilled, so you can't advance to the last part of the mission.

On a side note, it's probably the hardest map in all of supcom. Attacks from three possible directions means you can't turtle effectively, TML trying to snipe your comm, four T2 artilleries making you rush to T2 TML, powerful early Wagner attack from a random direction... brutal, but rewarding if you survive.
qwop

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: doggy_dogg

Postby speed2 » 15 May 2017, 21:53

qwop wrote:As of 2017-05-15 the mission is broken - IIRC the mainframe was supposed to be invisible until you've captured all three nodes but it's not, and if you captured it before capturing the nodes it still shows you the border around the mainframe and doesn't tick the objective as fulfilled, so you can't advance to the last part of the mission.

On a side note, it's probably the hardest map in all of supcom. Attacks from three possible directions means you can't turtle effectively, TML trying to snipe your comm, four T2 artilleries making you rush to T2 TML, powerful early Wagner attack from a random direction... brutal, but rewarding if you survive.

That sounds like a 4th Aeon mission. And if it's broken, could you make a proper report?
speed2
Contributor

Postby Retributer » 06 Sep 2017, 16:40

Got a little issue yesterday, I was doing this mission with my brother, and the scenario must have stopped at some point. Here's how it went :

Mission starts, no problem, we both tech up, we prepare some forces to attack Eris' base, nothing special here. Then I proceed to capture the node, and at that point, we get a desync. This time, it hasn't really been an issue, because we failed the next objective anyway, but the next try, it happened again, so we figured it came from the mission itself.
We arrived at the point in the mission at which you must prepare your defenses against an upcoming Aeon attack. So we prepared indeed. But the attack never came.
I checked the logs, and the part that interested me is this one :

Spoiler: show
warning: Error running lua script: ...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\scenarioplatoonai.lua(1909): Game object has been destroyed
stack traceback:
[C]: in function `IsUnitState'
...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\scenarioplatoonai.lua(1909): in function `GetLoadTransports'
...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\scenarioplatoonai.lua(357): in function <...faforever\gamedata\lua.nx2\lua\scenarioplatoonai.lua:275>

Here's the full log, just in case :
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jy558xum8dk9bfu/game.log
I'm not sure the desync and the bug are linked, but that could be a lead.

And the replay's ID is 6739959, if that's needed.

Thanks in advance !
Retributer
Crusader

FAF User Name: Retributer

Postby speed2 » 06 Sep 2017, 17:01

The desync might play its role here. But in that case I need logs from both of you.
speed2
Contributor

Postby Retributer » 06 Sep 2017, 17:58

Alright, I'll ask him if he has them, I hope so.
I forgot to mention too, at some point he left the game, to see if it would fix the problem. Obviously, it didn't.
Retributer
Crusader

FAF User Name: Retributer

Postby Idontknowman » 27 Dec 2017, 02:56

Please rededsign the initial attack on the 2nd node. I know this is like it was in the original but quite frankly: The orignal game's map designer f*cked up royally ! Being unable to safe either the city, the node or both without pre-constructing an air force of the right combo and bringing them to the corner of the map, which is the only way that they can get there in time, is just and only bullshit mission design and the original map designer deserves to be slapped in the face for such bullshit.

Could you, please, add a delay before the attack so that there's something that resembles actual gameplay instead of arbitrary "I know what will happen" knowledge or an instaloss of the mission ?

I know this goes contrary original mission design and also asks for effort of someone else but a bullshit mission design is a bullshit mission design.
Idontknowman
Crusader

FAF User Name: Idontknowman

Postby speed2 » 27 Dec 2017, 03:18

I actually did rework it 2 months ago, but then some real life stuff hapenned and I forgot about it. It will be released with the next update.
speed2
Contributor

Postby Idontknowman » 27 Dec 2017, 13:41

Nice. Thanks for all the effort.
Idontknowman
Crusader

Postby Idontknowman » 19 Jan 2018, 22:45

The mission seems to be broken in the current version. I tried to start a game with it, got the message:
"This map was not found in the vault (or is broken)"

The same thing happens when trying to get into the lobby with the last Cybran campaign mission "Freedom".

All other missions work as they should.

Edit: Strangely works now despite no change on my side.
Last edited by Idontknowman on 20 Jan 2018, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.
Idontknowman
Crusader

Next

Return to Coop