Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Coop mod/missions suggestions/testing

Postby Derek » 04 May 2016, 22:05

speed2 (&company), thank you for all your work on this. I'm looking forward to playing an updated campaign.

To become a play tester I followed the instructions on the first post. I have read through this nine page thread twice to make sure my issue hasn't been addressed.

When I open the coop.ini, click on Skirmish mode, go to select a map and hit "ok" nothing happens. Looking at the log it seems like it can't find the file it's looking for. After that I am unable to do anything to get out of the map selection screen. It's not a system crash as I can just alt-tab out.

I have unzipped the map pack V4 twice now and double checked the directory. All of my other faf maps are in there too for online pvp. Using Peazip, in the file decompression window it shows all of the maps (and I am sure to select everything for decompression), but I noticed that the only files from the coop map pack that show in my map folder are:

scca_coop_r01.v0005
scca_coop_r02.v0005
x1ca_coop_001.v0011

A screen shot of what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83w7qchus9b6u2d/FAF%20co%20op%20wip.png?dl=0

I have made sure it's in sandbox mode and that there are no map filters on, either in faf or the offline game. I am running from C: drive on a Windows 7 machine. Please see the attached log.

Thanks for any help!

Derek-

Dropbox link for the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hc3acnlx2y68tl/speed2coop%20-%20Copy.log?dl=0
Derek
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: EarthRover

Postby speed2 » 04 May 2016, 23:09

Those 3 are old version you downloaded via FAF, you need to unpack those that you downloaded from here into your map folder, I can see that on picture that it did not happen and same is stated in the log.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Derek » 05 May 2016, 01:58

Thanks. It turns out I had "Extract into new folder" ticked in PeaZip which caused the maps to go one (accidentally created) folder too far in the directory string. Fixed and the missions started right up. Then the voices didn't work. Same thing. Found the extra folder and moved the files back one. Noob move.

Just finished the first Cyb mission. I had started playing campaign from the Vanilla disk. So stoked I can play using all the FAF advancements and UI!!!

A few things: Is there a way to stop the ability to upgrade a T1 mex/radar to T2/3? I felt like I was cheating but I couldn't help but upgrade my radar to T2. Was on Cyb mission 1.

Also the unit bar render kept turning itself back on after each new segment of the mission. Minor thing that only a few will see.

Finally I noticed that the videos had a slightly lower resolution when compared to stock-standard vanilla. Again, pretty minor.

epic stuff.

Cheers

D-
Derek
Crusader

Postby speed2 » 05 May 2016, 15:18

New version of a mod V11, link in the first post. Make sure you have hosted or played game on FAF to get 3652 patch.

What's new:
Restriction system was redone and now it needs to be tested. Especially when you're given units or you're capturing them. As always report anything suspicious.
speed2
Contributor

Postby Puppet3000 » 06 May 2016, 22:21

I cant find this coop.ink shortcut that you speak of.
I check the coop mod file that you say you put it in but still did not see it.
Am i looking in the wrong area or is the file name is different?
The only file i see in the coop mod file is what i see below this link.
http://forums.faforever.com/download/file.php?id=12209
If the shortcut is really in there then how do i get to it?
Puppet3000

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Chaoszero

Postby Derek » 08 May 2016, 21:12

Puppet: Did you try doing a windows search for the file? It should just be called "Coop" w/o the quotes. One place to find it is wherever you unpacked the file. We are talking about just the launcher for the coop prepared version of FA, yes?

Speed2: I tried Cyb mission 1 again, curious if the T2 UEF radar that gets captured at the beginning creates an issue. Sure enough, immediately at capture the structure disappears. I looked in the 'SCCA_Coop_R01_script' file and found this:

---

function M1_BeginPart2()
ScenarioInfo.MissionNumber = 4

ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea(ScenarioUtils.AreaToRect('PlayableArea_2'))
ScenarioFramework.CreateTimerTrigger(M4P1Reminder1 ,ReminderInitialTime1)

-- UEF Radar, invuln for ease of play. Set generators invuln as well.
ScenarioInfo.M1UEFRadar = ScenarioUtils.CreateArmyUnit('FauxUEF', 'M1_UEFRadar_Structure')
ScenarioInfo.m1UEFRadarCamp = ScenarioUtils.CreateArmyGroup('FauxUEF', 'M1_UEFRadarCamp')
ScenarioInfo.M1UEFRadar:SetReclaimable(false)
ScenarioInfo.M1UEFRadar:SetCanBeKilled(false)
ScenarioInfo.M1UEFRadar:SetCanTakeDamage(false)
for k,v in ScenarioInfo.m1UEFRadarCamp do
v:SetReclaimable(false)
v:SetCanBeKilled(false)
v:SetCanTakeDamage(false)
end

---

I looked around but couldn't find the 'ScenarioInfo.m1UEFRadarCamp' radar file. Can you tell me where it is so I can be more helpful in the future?

To avoid reverting to V10, would testers have to find mission critical captures? Or can a general exception script be written?

I couldn't upgrade my mexes or radars though so that's working as expected. When loading from a save it showed the option to upgrade but clicking on either T2/3 did nothing. Also, when the T2 units were given by Dostya there was no issue.

Any ideas why I can see my saved games from inside a started coop game but not from the launch screen?

Cheers

Derek-
Derek
Crusader

Postby speed2 » 13 May 2016, 11:47

Kaskouy wrote:there's an error at line 1683 of the script (not critical though). As ScenarioStrings.CybranGenericReminder is unknown, the associated dialogue doesn't play. Actually, this variable comes from a generic file from Vanilla, so it's unknown in FA. Vanilla file is lua\modules\ScenarioStrings.lua. In my opinion, in order for this to work, merging this file with lua\ScenarioStrings.lua from FA should be considered.

fixed by https://github.com/FAForever/fa-coop/commit/2e9916a20ca015e6517cbf7a1b7ed6e79bd8997b
speed2
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 13 May 2016, 11:52

Derek, I know what's causing the radar to disappear, it's the new restriction system that detects any unit that you should not have access to when transfering or creating them so avoit cheating in game. Functions that spawn untis or give from army to army were already updated to pass even units that are restricted. As example T2 land units you are given in first UEF mission as reinforcement, but you're not able to build them.
(it's done like this https://github.com/FAForever/fa-coop/commit/96f60b9d1dcc22db3907742f615a36c940299588)

Last thing that is left to solve is when you're capturing units, that can't be solved that easily so I need to know where it's happening and temporary unrestrict the unit in the mission script so you can get it when you capture it.

So I need a list of occurrences where it happens.
then I can add IgnoreRestrictions() function where it's needed.
speed2
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 01 Jun 2016, 16:46

Coop hosting fixed in this version of client, test please: https://github.com/FAForever/client/rel ... -win32.msi

Note: mod and missions are not updated on the server yet
speed2
Contributor

Postby franken1988 » 04 Jun 2016, 15:40

FA mission 5, map doesnt expand after killing HEX5. i try to play coop with the FAF installation from this discussion. I hope I have posted this in the right place :D
Attachments
forever.log
(126.48 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
replay.log
(99.84 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
speed2coop.log
(83.84 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
franken1988

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: franken1988

PreviousNext