Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Postby Astrofoo » 22 Jun 2016, 01:10

speed2 wrote:There is a T3 sonar on easy and medium difficulty.

Oh.. :oops: guess I was on medium. :D Will try this again on hard and see how it goes!
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Postby Zappa » 22 Jun 2016, 20:12

KeyBlue wrote:PPS: Zappa: There is no T3 seraphim sonar, so obviously you can't upgrade it?

lol! That's what I get for not playing a faction enough...
Zappa
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Hawkei » 23 Jun 2016, 04:08

Well looking into this in more depth I think you might find it helpful to review the intro timeline move. As there are some key events within the Scourge of the Seraphim which are worthy of attention and could be missions in their own right.

I would pick up the story from the Rift opening and use these key events in the timeline. Without the need to deviate or create an alternate storyline. In order, these are:

1. The defeat of the Earth military and the killing of President Riley.
2. Infiltration of the Aeon Illuminate, making contact with Kael and the Order. Precipitating the insurrection against Princess Burke.
3. Aiding QAI in achieving tactical dominance (perhaps a cover mission for QAI Cyber attack) resulting in the decimation of Cybran military.
4. The battle of X+326. Where the UEF and Cybran Coalition form and (with heavy losses) score their first victory. Score some early ACU kills and complete some objectives. The Coalition counter-attacks and you get to see a lot of your Seraphim buddies die in a brutal exchange of ACU kills. Mission ends in defeat. You rescue some Seraphim commanders and cover their retreat.
5. The assassination of Commander Clarke.
6. (Some other mission)
7. The assault on Fort Clarke.

Of these I think the battle of X+326 is going to be the most significant. It is such a major turning point in the invasion sequence that it deserves it's own mission.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby speed2 » 01 Aug 2016, 23:44

Bump

speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Armed_&_Overclocked » 09 Aug 2016, 22:30

I haven't read through all of the ideas but i have a couple.

1. Have a mission where you are tasked with investigating just how the previous Seraphim (the ones that taught the Aeon "the way") reached our Galaxy. You find some survivors on a planet in the outer reaches of the galaxy, living alongside some Aeon who are sheltering them.
2. A mission that takes place after operation overlord. When then Seraphim are in retreat, and you are tasked with some last ditch effort to inflict as much damage as possible. Maybe an assassination attempt on Brackmen?
3. As a pre-cursor to the first idea. A mission where the peaceful Seraphim are trying to escape their galaxy from religious persecution. It's basically a hold out scenario where you are tasked with building, and then defending, an advanced Quantum gateway while your people are fleeing to the Milky Way.

That is all i got for right now.
Armed_&_Overclocked

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Thunderpup

Postby Morax » 17 Aug 2016, 20:47

Make it about some secret artifact they need to complete a super weapon to ensure total domination. The twist to the whole thing is that it happens to be buried below where a large alliance force is stationed. To keep it interesting, the alliance has no idea why the Seraphim are pressing them hard until the end, at which point they realize the value of the artifact and push forces in from all directions to stop the Seraphim from obtaining said artifact.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby speed2 » 10 Sep 2016, 23:24

Updated the first post with a new test version of Novax Station Assault, yeah it has a name now!
  • First part of the mission done

Let me know how fast you can beat the mission (how much time left) and how many units you have when you finish it (number of destroyers, frigates, air, etc...)
If you run into any issue, don't forget to post game.log

Have fun!
[EDIt: There is an typo in the code which makes it unable to finish on easy and medium difficulty, but since I expect everyone to play it on hard, it should not be a problem :) ]
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Donttellmygfimon » 11 Sep 2016, 01:08

[quote="Kalvirox"]You could make it an alternative story line as to the seraphim invasion, something to do with how humanity killed them (which brought the aeon into the eternal war in the original game) and revenge.. Or some such stuff.

Also, why not start the game a mission that is the initial invasion of earth.

Here's an idea to expand the story a little more and introduce a few new aspects/ avenues to the game.
Opening mission you are at t1 - getting introduced to the units holding off the UEF invasion force (part of it). 'Phim get slaughtered but population manages to make their retreat through the gateway. Mission success.

Mission Two.
'Phim have no control which Galaxy they jump in to. In the mad retreat they hadn't scouted enough galaxies (enough of the galaxy) to prove they are safe for the population to move to before the slaughter that they knew would come from the UEF. As it turns out where they set up their new colony isn't that safe after all and things soon turn hostile. Introduce the Nomads. Conflict arises between Nomads and 'Phim, the Nomads have to be defeated on this planet to ensure survival. Mission Success.

Mission Three to Six.
'Phim learn to tech up and discover new offensive units in the mad rush to defeat the Nomads, building hate for the Human race and driving them to retake their home galaxy.

FA Campaign goes from the invasion of Earth.
Donttellmygfimon

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Donttelmygfimon

Postby OxideIon » 11 Sep 2016, 13:56

First stage of novax station assault went fine with 4 players until we killed the base and the (s)acus were supposed to spawn in. After completing all objectives only the order commanders spawned and the map didnt expand.
Attachments
game.log
(114.85 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Have you heard of our lord and saviour, air scout?
OxideIon

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: OxideIon

Postby This_Guy » 11 Sep 2016, 13:57

Played in same game as Oxi, here are my logs
Attachments
game.log
(149.5 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
This_Guy

Has liked: 36 times