Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Postby TheKoopa » 02 Mar 2016, 16:57

Plasma_Wolf wrote:Niihau was just bombed into oblivion along with the rest of Earth, with the use of the Ahwassas.

The mission leading to Clarke's death on Capella could be a nice one: enemy commanders are defending on the outskirts of the city (there's no way to make a map of the city itself). Destroy those within a timeframe.

Why not make some city tarmac and use civilian buildings in a grid layout and then script them to be unreclaimable?
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Mephi » 03 Mar 2016, 22:00

i am waiting for the next rise of difficulty :twisted:
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrS9QsyUnTXhhYw3mAjBAeA
Top Level 1v1 POV and Casts
Mephi
Priest

Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 134 times
FAF User Name: Mephi

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 05 Mar 2016, 18:06

Unreclaimable buildings on a tarmac texture will only help for the outskirts. The battle that killed Clarke happened more in the city centre, some hundreds of metres above the ground floor. With the inability to make bridges in the editor...
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby FunkOff » 30 May 2016, 18:34

I just tried this mission for the first time this morning. I loved it! I nearly died twice! I won, but not by much. Took me almost two hours haha.

Great mission speed! (Note, I played v6 not v7, and on default hard setting. I cant imagine that V7 is doable on V7.)
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby speed2 » 11 Jun 2016, 14:35

Seraphim Mission 1 test version of the first part. Let me know how fast you can beat it, dont forget to mention difficulty you played.
https://mega.nz/#!AwAURDqR!XPUzRu1OnnMlZ1y_NW3RpeZBcJqQy8O4ljZ2kzXY73s
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Zappa » 18 Jun 2016, 20:00

Finished in 30 min, after almost winning at 20 (difficulty hard). Running out of air fighters and lack of intel were biggest challenges for me. Did not use gunships and torp bombers much, won with navy micro (keeping frigates in front and destroyers/AA-ships back was enough).

Defending the mobile factories was trivial while pushing navy, nothing reached them and air snipes were not so threatening. Maybe, and also in relation to the above: if we had more air fighters, enemy snipe attempts could contain more janus bombers, and air fights would become more important. Other idea: a few tiny islands with T2 arty closer to starting position, to have more use for gunships. Personally I could not use these early on, because scouting cruisers was very difficult (small number of air scouts, intel would disappear after scouting).

After destroying the UEF base, air staging facilities were donated but could not be used (because underwater?), and T2 sonar could not be upgraded to T3, while battleships were available. But I guess this part of the mission is still very WIP.

Nice start, thanks!

Zappa
Zappa
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Astrofoo » 19 Jun 2016, 05:42

Finished about the same time as Zappa. Ran into similar issues. I like the gameplay of it a lot though. Although I think it is slightly tedious, but I found it enjoyable. Gives players a good chance to focus on micro and ignore eco for a change. The units it gives you are just right and I never had to wait for them to build up. Although I did find the intel disappearing to be slightly annoying. It seemed like the t3 sonar sitting there didn't really do much. Maybe the AI is powerstalling? Or maybe it's the jamming effect on frigs. Though I thought you still didn't lose the intel once you tagged the units. idk

Tl;DR
Great start! I really like the gameplay of it, maybe improve the intel situation a bit
"So now everything without a shield is gonna die, and everything with a shield is gonna die a little later." -TA4Life on the Mavor
Astrofoo
Contributor

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: Astrofoo911

Postby speed2 » 20 Jun 2016, 18:06

Astrofoo wrote:Finished about the same time as Zappa. Ran into similar issues. I like the gameplay of it a lot though. Although I think it is slightly tedious, but I found it enjoyable. Gives players a good chance to focus on micro and ignore eco for a change. The units it gives you are just right and I never had to wait for them to build up. Although I did find the intel disappearing to be slightly annoying. It seemed like the t3 sonar sitting there didn't really do much. Maybe the AI is powerstalling? Or maybe it's the jamming effect on frigs. Though I thought you still didn't lose the intel once you tagged the units. idk

Tl;DR
Great start! I really like the gameplay of it, maybe improve the intel situation a bit

T3 sonar has limited range :) Maybe I could make it the same way as you were moving units in FA campaign, you can ping it where it should move

I've updated first post with more info about this mission.
speed2
Contributor

Postby KeyBlue » 20 Jun 2016, 21:32

I just played Sera mission 1. I played on hard and it took me 45min to fully destroy the base. (nothing happens after?)

I realized how dependend i am on consistent intel. Multiple times I found my units to be too close for confort and sudden pop up of a million radar blips were there was nothing 1 second ago. Sudden loss of intel felt very random and almost bug like. There probably is a reason regarding frigate/destroyer radar differences(?).

Most air units felt quite useless as i repeatadly lost them by a couple of patrolling janus. (my air micro with 4 swiftwinds is pretty bad apparantly)
I was able to use the gunships early on though to counter full frigate patrols (using 10+ gunships)

In my second attempt on hard i did it in 35min.
I still had the issue with seemingly randomly units popping up out of nowhere and vision appearing and disappearing.

In the end i felt that I needed atleast 2 cycles worth of units to accomplish anything:
example at least 8 fighter to fight of the groups of janus
at least 10 gunships to some damage against navy
at least 6-8 torps ...
This meant i had to keep all my air safe in base before venturing out and if i lost focus for a second 5 janus would fly in and kill half of the air units patrolling....
Maybe thats merely a micro short coming from me, but it ended being quite annoying.

In the end I had some troubles with lingering air on top of the base, harassing my navy ( i lost all figthers against janus + static aa)
This meant i had to wait a long time for units to spawn and cross the water to get were i wanted them. And again 2x, cause 4 fighters werent gonna stop 8+janus with gunships to soak damage. (Don't know how to micro that)

Advice/Tips/...
If possible i would like a ping or a sound indicating that we got more units, frequently i would forget about them and have some air+navy pile up, but that is mostly my own problem :p

Maybe make 2x amount of gunships and no torp bombers when there is no naval factories+naval units any more?

PS: Astrofoo: what sonar are you talking about? Was there sonar?
PPS: Zappa: There is no T3 seraphim sonar, so obviously you can't upgrade it? + that underwater base needs to be put on land again :D
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby speed2 » 21 Jun 2016, 01:21

I still had the issue with seemingly randomly units popping up out of nowhere and vision appearing and disappearing.

I think is called UEF frigate jamming :D

There is a T3 sonar on easy and medium difficulty.

obviously the other part is not done yet. I moved the base away so I could make the UEF one. There is no way to hide units of certain army in the editor.
speed2
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Coop