Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Re: Seraphim Campaign Ideas

Postby CrayzyNath » 13 Feb 2016, 17:37

So many ideas :D

I can just say, that the seraphim are WAY more than just the "kill everybody" you get confronted with in the FA-Campaign.
The true seraphim are peaceful and don't ever fight, they have a strong empathy to all living creatures (The Way). So basically they feel everything and thus can't kill or do harm.
However, there are so called Warriors who intentionally break with the Way, so they get rid of all empathy and turn into mindless killing machines. These are the seraphim you meet in the campaign (with one exception).
These Warriors are under the commando of a War Leader, who is still with the way and just plans the fighting and keeps the Warriors together and under control.
In one of the last FA-Missions you meet the War Leader who invaded earth, but you don't get to kill him.
So there are more options for a story than just a "kill all"-aspect.

The seraphim that got annihilated by the Humans on Seraphim II right before the vanilla campaign were special.
They were outcasts from the "real" seraphim, as they wanted to stay with the Way while being able to fight.

So, at least for me, a story between the attack on Seraphim II and FA, or maybe even into FA would be cool.
The protagonist could be some seraphim commander, who survived the massacre on Seraphim II and swore to revenge his people - he is with the Way and felt ALL of their pain.
So he tries to rebuild an Army with some other commanders, but they don't have a War Leader so one after another everyone of them goes rampage - they could even fight each other.
Throughout some missions you capture colonies fast - since you don't want to give anybody time to send signal that the seraphim aren't as dead as everybody thinks them to be.
Maybe you ally with some Aeon who help you out, fight some Aeon who think you are fake, fighting lone cybran that lost contact - there are lots of options.

You could even start the QAI-Hacking process, maybe by capturing modules of QAI.

But the internal conflict caused by the lack of a true leader dooms your revenge plans.
Right when all hope seems lost, you encounter some of the "true" seraphim.
Maybe you save him from something or you just get found by him - empathy and all that shit.
You tell your story and he brings you to a War Leader.
With your knowledge of the human technology and the hack of QAI they finish the preperation to invade earth and in the end you help doing so.

That's how far I thought about it yet.

Maybe you could even continue after that, with the War Leader being shocked by the many lives taken - which he really was - and some of the Warriors that invaded earth go rampage and need to be stopped - not necessarily killed.

Here ends my wall of text though.
Maybe you get the idea.
I have some ideas for missions, but they are no coherent story yet and I first want to know what you guys think of the general idea.
In the end it's still speeds decision :)

I have the feeling the seraphim are a very interesting concept.
CrayzyNath

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: CrayzyNath

Postby theeggroll » 14 Feb 2016, 16:34

CrazyNath, where are you getting all this about the seraphim? There are some sup com books that I've read that give a completely different face to the seraphim. The seraphim came from a quantum realm (in the books) to "evolve" and to become closer to becoming gods. The people that stayed behind on seraphim 2 were the faction of seraphim that didn't think that this was the right way to evolve, so they stayed behind to be able to reopen the quantum rift if the "evolved" seraphim ever realized that perhaps moving to the quantum realm was not the correct path to perfecting their race. In the quantum realm, the seraphim never died as long as they had the will to keep on living. It was there that they discovered QAI, and took him over without brackman knowing in order for them to maximize their damage. QAI was based on seraphim technology, and had essentially uploaded his presence into the quantum gate network, which is what gave the cybrans such a huge advantage and how they were able to directly assault earth in order to capture black sun. Once the seraphim managed to track QAi and tap into his information (it took them a while Cuz QAI was actually kind of a badass) they realized that humanity was so pitiful that they should be eradicated, since they caused so much destruction and death through the galaxy. The seraphim then spent a lot of time developing war technology (since they were peaceful) which is why humans got completely rekt at first. The seraphim that actually went through the quantum rift to begin the invasion on the galaxy were a small percentage of them, since not everyone wanted to intervene, (however no one was required to go to war on humanity and there was very little tension in the Phim as a result of the attack). Source : sup com books, I'll provide a link when I get home
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby speed2 » 14 Feb 2016, 20:50

Meanwhile I've started to working on mission that I call Fort Clarke Assault for now

speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby CrayzyNath » 14 Feb 2016, 21:14

theeggroll, i got this from the supcom wiki: http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
It's not like my information was totally different from yours I feel :D

But i guess we both can say that there are more options than viewing them as mindless killing machines :)
CrayzyNath

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: CrayzyNath

Postby theeggroll » 14 Feb 2016, 22:58

They aren't mindless but they are definatly killing machines :P
GMT - 6 http://spooky.github.io/unitdb/#/
When in doubt, Blame Gorton
theeggroll
Priest

Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 98 times
FAF User Name: theeggroll

Postby speed2 » 16 Feb 2016, 13:17

Keep the ideas coming, Ive added Fort Clarke Assault to the first post.

NEED HELP WITH VOICE ACTING!!
Not looking for just someone to give voice for seraphim but mainly for someone who can make the effect of seraphim voice.
speed2
Contributor

Postby speed2 » 17 Feb 2016, 12:19

Fort Clarke Assault Test Version 1
  • Download
  • Click on Download thought your browser
  • Read ReadMe.txt

Only intro and first objective is done, test on hard difficulty. Try to finish the objective as fast as you can and let me know how long it took you
speed2
Contributor

Postby Deering » 17 Feb 2016, 18:09

I think it needs to be harder
Deering
Evaluator

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 41 times
FAF User Name: Deering

Postby Morax » 17 Feb 2016, 18:30

speed2 wrote:Keep the ideas coming, Ive added Fort Clarke Assault to the first post.

NEED HELP WITH VOICE ACTING!!
Not looking for just someone to give voice for seraphim but mainly for someone who can make the effect of seraphim voice.

The Seraphim are voiced? What do they sound like?
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby speed2 » 17 Feb 2016, 18:54

speed2
Contributor