Hello! - Customized Campaign.

Moderators: speed2, KeyBlue

Hello! - Customized Campaign.

Postby JJ173 » 23 Oct 2015, 17:00

Hello all, I'm new to the forums but I'm delighted to announce I'm working on a new story line for FAF co-op. I have finished the plot for the first mission and all missions will be uploaded here and will be available for download!

Looking for voice actors!
- PM if interested!

I wanted to post my first mission plot in order to get some feedback. I appreciate the feedback. If you would like anything removed or added, please let me know.

Credits: :!:
- Blodir: Original Creator/Provider of Selkie Isle
- arkitect: Voice of Richards
- Freedom_: Testing
- Hybrid_: Testing
- GFY_Deponny: Testing
- speed2: General Help + Fixes

Here is the plot:

First Mission (JJ Campaign Pack)

Mission Plot:
- Fletcher has cracked and has started attacking Coalition forces. You as a soldier that represents the Blue of the UEF and believes that Cybran's and the Aeon can't be trusted, have decided to aid Fletcher in his rebellion against the foolishness of the coalition. This turn of events will ensure that you have to deal with twice as many enemies and twice as many problems, but you, Fletcher and other rebels will take care of the Aeon and Cybran once and for all.

The first mission is an edited version of FA Mission 6.

Objectives (So Far):
- Destroy Seraphim Foothold
- Aid Fletcher in Killing Rhiza
- Assist Richards
- Deal with Order Commander
- Destroy Seraphim Bases
- Destroy Seraphim Arch
- Rebuild Black Sun (Possible Objective)

Characters included:
- You (Co-op Players)
- Colonel Richards
- Fletcher
- Rhiza
- Hall
- HQ
- Seraphim
- Order Forces

You will have access to all units and buildings.

Second Mission (JJ Campaign Pack)

Mission Plot:
- Fletcher has remained behind on Earth to rebuild Black Sun. Once he has finished, we are going to return to Earth to witness it's success. In the mean time, the Coalition have arrested some of our under cover operatives and they are holding them in a Prison within a region known as "Selkie Isle". Scans have indicated a Coalition residence that we need to capture in our to house our men and rest. You will free our operatives and capture the marked residential zone. You're on your own in this one Commander, good luck. Richards out.

Objectives (So Far):
- Destroy Coalition Power Plant
- Survive UEF Assault
- Capture UEF Residence
- Assault the prison
- Rescue Rebel Operatives
- Attack Coalition Stronghold
- Destroy Coalition Commander

Characters included:
- You (Co-op Players)
- Richards
- Goodwyn
- Prisoners

Third Mission (JJ Campaign Pack)

Mission Plot:
- With our new Commanders, we are able to launch an offensive attack on the UEF and free the rest of our men. We are attempting to pinpoint the location of an enemy prison vessel that is holding the rest of our troops. You and your fellow Commanders will be taken in to a remote location where we believe the vessel will pass through. You have the advantage of stealth here Commander, use that to your advantage. Good luck. Richards Out.

Objectives (So Far):
- Build a Base and Deploy Patrols
- Defeat Seraphim Outpost
- Destroy Cybran Commander
- Intercept Prison Vessel
- Defeat Seraphim Commander
- Capture and Protect Prison Vessel
- Destroy Aeon Forces
- Destroy/Spare UEF Support Commander.
- Defeat Commander Goodwyn.

Characters included:
- You (Co-op Players)
- Goodwyn
- Prisoners
- Aeon
- Seraphim
- Cybran
- UEF Junior Commander

Image Bank (Progress Updates):
Last edited by JJ173 on 08 Dec 2016, 20:32, edited 13 times in total.
Check out the Nomads Campaign Project: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15534
Check out my first Coop Mission: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=15605
JJ173

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: TheAdDad

Re: Hello! - Customized Campaign.

Postby yeager » 23 Oct 2015, 18:28

Make a short story that explains you play as sera, so you can do it and fit with the lore
yeager
Evaluator

Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 32 times
FAF User Name: Yeager

Postby speed2 » 23 Oct 2015, 18:43

Did you think about different spawns for coop player? For how many player it will be? LIke coop is currently supporting 4 players, but those missions are all designed for one player. ALl players spawn at the same spot. Not much difference if one or 4 players play.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Tokyto » 23 Oct 2015, 18:43

Survive Cybran attack waves
Destroy two Cybran expansion bases
Deal with Cybran
Isolate the Cybran Commander
Destroy Cybran Commander

Don't have to create a whole campaign just to express your hatred for Cybran nation, you racist!
(just kidding, good luck making it)
Tokyto
Evaluator

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 302 times
FAF User Name: Tokyto_

Postby JJ173 » 23 Oct 2015, 18:53

Tokyto wrote:Survive Cybran attack waves
Destroy two Cybran expansion bases
Deal with Cybran
Isolate the Cybran Commander
Destroy Cybran Commander

Don't have to create a whole campaign just to express your hatred for Cybran nation, you racist!
(just kidding, good luck making it)

It's a Rogue Cybran, he deserves it! xD
JJ173

Postby JJ173 » 23 Oct 2015, 19:00

speed2 wrote:Did you think about different spawns for coop player? For how many player it will be? LIke coop is currently supporting 4 players, but those missions are all designed for one player. ALl players spawn at the same spot. Not much difference if one or 4 players play.

Would you rather that players have the same objectives or different?
JJ173

Postby speed2 » 23 Oct 2015, 20:18

JJ173 wrote:
speed2 wrote:Did you think about different spawns for coop player? For how many player it will be? LIke coop is currently supporting 4 players, but those missions are all designed for one player. ALl players spawn at the same spot. Not much difference if one or 4 players play.

Different, but with how it currently works, you need to assign them to all players and you can specify who should do what in VO.

So basically with the story "You and Colonel Richards are to gate in and retake" Could be changed to "you and one another player. So mission designed for 2 players ^^
speed2
Contributor

Postby JJ173 » 23 Oct 2015, 22:59

speed2 wrote:
JJ173 wrote:

Different, but with how it currently works, you need to assign them to all players and you can specify who should do what in VO.

So basically with the story "You and Colonel Richards are to gate in and retake" Could be changed to "you and one another player. So mission designed for 2 players ^^

Awesome I'll definitely take that into account. I'm also struggling with sound banks and such, think you'll be able to help me?
JJ173

Postby speed2 » 23 Oct 2015, 23:48

Quite few things are here http://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?tit ... _Scripting

Id say that recording sounds/making movies is the last step. Since a lot can and will change during mission making. For now its write down what should be said and make it display, if you take the VO table, fill just text field and leave rest empty. This will show HQ guy with next. Later when you do sound and videos its easy to add it
Example:
Code: Select all
M2_KillAttackers = {
  {text = '[Cybran Guy]: Your primary objective is to defend the civilians.', vid = '', bank = '', cue = '', faction = 'Cybran'},
}
speed2
Contributor

Postby JJ173 » 24 Oct 2015, 13:13

speed2 wrote:Quite few things are here http://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?tit ... _Scripting

Id say that recording sounds/making movies is the last step. Since a lot can and will change during mission making. For now its write down what should be said and make it display, if you take the VO table, fill just text field and leave rest empty. This will show HQ guy with next. Later when you do sound and videos its easy to add it
Example:
Code: Select all
M2_KillAttackers = {
  {text = '[Cybran Guy]: Your primary objective is to defend the civilians.', vid = '', bank = '', cue = '', faction = 'Cybran'},
}

I've been following this wiki and it's helped me a lot, the part I'm struggling with is being able to open existing supreme commander voice banks. For example, I wanted to use Leopard11 taunts from SC1 but the sounds doesn't work, video works fine but it fails so resolve the sounds to the engine, at least that's what it says in the debug console. That's the only part I'm struggling with.
JJ173

Next

Return to Coop