Total Mayhem 1.37 for all game versions

Moderators: Uveso, burnie222

Re: Total Mayhem 1.30 for all game versions

Postby Evono » 10 Feb 2017, 03:36

Uveso wrote:Hello All,

I am sorry, my mother has cancer and will die in the next 2 month.
So i try to spend as much time as i can with her.

I am still working on Total Mayhem. I just don't have the time to be online.

Please contiue to post errors etc here in this thread and expect TM version 1.31 at April.

I don't know if the Mod upload now works with the FAFclient. If yes i will also upload the mod to the Vault.

Greetings Uveso.

oh man . cancer is never good :( take your time make the most of it.
Evono

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Evono

Postby gearjammer1 » 04 Mar 2017, 09:19

I've been googling around for awhile and can't find a solution. Does anyone know why I can't build alot of the standard forged alliance units (Steam Edition)? This is with Total Mayhem 1.3 installed and enabled. For instance I can't build the Aeon Cyclops Mech or the experimental resource generator or the Seraphim experimental bombers etc...
Anyone else solved this?? Thanks!
gearjammer1

Has liked: 0 time

Postby PhilipJFry » 04 Mar 2017, 17:56

gearjammer1 wrote:I've been googling around for awhile and can't find a solution. Does anyone know why I can't build alot of the standard forged alliance units (Steam Edition)? This is with Total Mayhem 1.3 installed and enabled. For instance I can't build the Aeon Cyclops Mech or the experimental resource generator or the Seraphim experimental bombers etc...
Anyone else solved this?? Thanks!

are you trying to use other mods at the same time?
maybe post a replay id of a game where it doesn't work for you or some logs.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby gearjammer1 » 06 Mar 2017, 03:41

I'm currently using Mods:
Blackops Global Icon Support
Diamond Patch Mod II
Resource Rich
Total Mayhem
Total Mayhem No Tac Missiles

Would one of those be causing an issue?

I've never posted logs? How do I do that?
gearjammer1

Postby gearjammer1 » 06 Mar 2017, 04:10

I went through and found out the Diamond Patch Mod II is the one causing the other experimentals to disappear from the build list.
I thought this mod was great?
Has it's features been rolled into others and no longer needed?

I found though if you build a quantum gateway then a support commander you can build those units again. I guess this is how the original game made experimental tougher to build? I'm wondering if i need the diamond mod then but i'm missing out on all the great fixes without it if there isn't another way to get those fixes.
gearjammer1

Postby PhilipJFry » 06 Mar 2017, 20:24

I don't even know what kind of bugs diamond fixes but since FAF has lots of bugfixes itself and diamond hasn't been updated in ages (afaik) it's probably not very important maybe even 100% redundant.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby gearjammer1 » 07 Mar 2017, 06:06

Good point. I think I just won't worry about Diamond anymore since it was last updated in 2012.
Thanks for the help!
gearjammer1

Postby Cuddles » 07 Mar 2017, 07:51

Don't use Blackops Global Icon Support, you can be sure any mod that still needs it will not function as expected.

The new Total Mayhem and BO mods doesn't require it.
Turinturambar defended very valiantly
Cuddles
Contributor

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 118 times
FAF User Name: Scoot

Postby LillyOmegaWolf » 22 Mar 2017, 12:14

Seraphim main here.
After eyeing up this mod when I first saw 1.3 released, I decided against it when I saw the lack of Seraph units compared to the other armies added stuff.

A few days ago I just added this mod to run alongside BlackOps FAF: Unleashed (A mod I've used almost since I started playing this) and Experimental Wars V44. My friend and I also run Resource Rich mod and we both this this mod is epic. It works very nicely alongside the other 3 sets of new units. The variety it adds to the game is wonderful. My friend and I usually play Vs Aix Soarin AI on 1.4x or higher and the added complexity and fun of the fights even vs AI is epic.
I am wondering though, is there any chance for more Seriph units to be added? They seem to have been skimped out on compared to the other races and it makes me wish for more high end variety, especially when I see all the different new units my friend is able to build with his Cybran since adding this mod. I would love a badass Ultraheavy. Something that could go up against the other big boys and not just get walked on 1v1. Most games I mass T1 then quickly reach the Experimental sage of the game as I love the epic fights to be had with tons of big stompies on the battlefield.
Going with my armies theme, I would imagine a big-as shield dome experimental bot/walker too, some kind of guardian that could protect another experimental of mine (or several smaller units) on the move as they march toward the enemies army/gunline/base etc but that also seems sadly lacking. Something in the T3 experimental zone would be appreciated too as I don't get anything to reply to the T3 experimentals that get built till I hit the T4 stuff and even then... I feel like my fave army gets the short end of the stick. Cybran (my friend's main army) gets 8 vs my seraphs 1. I do like the Thaez-Atha (Experimental Mega Bot) but it is only one unit in a big pack of new enemy units and seeing the damage coming from some of the other units in this mod leaves me wishing I could have something that crazy for my own army. No extra big shields or epic alien guns on gigantic monster mechs? :(

More big air units would be wonderful too as I don't have any huge (T3+ Experimental) battleships or fighters that I imagine a baddass alien invading army would have. I'm still relying upon my experimental bomber to carry the experimental end of the game AND the air side of things solo after all these years with no companion up there. The Seraph bomber and airforce is the highlight of Forged alliance for me. But I would absolutely LOVE to be able to build a few super sized companions to add some variety there.

Please, more Seraph units?
I can give ideas if you need some to create new seraph units.
No rush, since my friend also greatly enjoys this mod I'll be sure to still be playing it 6+ months and probably even years down the track now that Ive started, but it would be greatly appreciated and would make my fave army a ton more fun to play. I get that you have important things going on and that modding takes time (as I have done modding for other games) but yea, it would be wonderful to see more cool experimental units for seraph.
LillyOmegaWolf
Crusader

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: LillyOmegaWolf

Postby Uveso » 04 Apr 2017, 15:25

Hello LillyOmegaWolf,

yes you are right. There are not so many seraphim units compared to the other factions.
I would love to add some units on Sera side, but i am not a model maker. I simply can't.

Maybe we find someone willing to make woking single units and i could add them to the mod.

Greetings Uveso.
Uveso
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 291 times
FAF User Name: Uveso

PreviousNext

Return to Total Mayhem