IF you ever come back to balance of Titan

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: IF you ever come back to balance of Titan

Postby Iszh » 21 Jul 2015, 14:28

About the snipers i agree with you but i am still searching other solutions dont want to reduce range. The titan you re right was not ok but i think just the speed and turn rate should fix it. And still even if it is not reaching the level of a loyalist, is it seriously needed? I doubt if i improve titan it has to defeat loyalists and harbs mass equal. You cant balance this game always mass equal thats simply an illusion. If it rapes bases better and/or is winning finally over t2 better because of higher damage and small burning splash thats already a nice extra which enables the possibilty to rush to this unit. The big difference between titan and loyalist will still be titan will be a rush option for t3 now enabled and loyalist will stay a full t3 usable unit till endgame.
Titan would be also nice for drops. You cant always built 6 percivals for sitting in continental. If titan is an option for base raping rush then why not to use this one in t3 transports. Maybe with this small splash damage it enables even the option to use titan in bigger t3 land battles since dps automatically increased. Loyalists for emp titan for close combat splash. I even think that icedreamer in his titan original mod where i ve taken it from was planning to do something alike this concept, he wanted to reach a base destroyer. He had much higher burntime and range for rockets. I do not like the idea with higher range, but the idea to create another unit alike mongoose on t3 level seems great for me and not so difficult to balance you will see because of low range compared to other t3.

@ ithilis "not changing so much" i was talking about my mod in general and not compared to your mod ;)

V11
T2 Fighter Bomber Increased aa dps 260 (no change vs t1 inties -> overkill)
T2 Fighter Bomber Increased speed 18
t2 Fighter Bomber Range increased by 5 (seraphim bomber bugfix)
t2 Janus Rate of fire increased 1.15 (for testing)
t2 static aa guns stats alike sera t3 sam (dps not changed)
t3 sam got t2 aa gun splash (for sera means t2 aa and t3 aa guns are same except damage and splash)
Titan got rocket launcher with 100 DPS Napalm min range 16 max range 25
Titan Plasma gun reduced dps to 120
Sera Sniper bot got 2100 hp
Aeon sniper bot got 2500 hp
All t3 arti got 2000 hp
Othuum 50 dps less each side gun double fire rate for main gun same dps (speed was increased in balance patch)
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 17 Feb 2016, 04:42

I will necro this thread to point out some important things.

Technically, Aeon and Seraphim are mirror images of each other on most technical levels. Cybran and UEF are mirror images of each other, too.

About Cerberus killing Serpentine missiles so well - Izsh, that is life. In life, you don't get fair fights. I understand the desire to make all factions equal, but the idea that some factions have weakness where others have strengths is vital to FAF balance. UEF suffer at T1 and T2 but when they rush T3... their opponent is going down really fast. With those Percivals...
Aeon and Seraphim are excellent at game ending at T2 due to their strong obsidians and Ilshavohs that chew through other T2 units.
Cybrans are good for game ending at T1, since their Mantis is the best T1 unit and the fastest one. In other levels - they are not good. Cybrans do have a pretty cheap defense but it is weaker that other factions. Cerberus is good for chewing up T1 units, making it ideal for rushing against hordes. However, it lack the necessary firepower to kill slower-moving but more powerful T2 before they deal significant or irreparable damage.

Just to note something that some people may have pointed out to me or others:
"UEF Striker is the cheapest T1 tank."
That statement is false. Striker is the weakest in DPS and the strongest in armor. It does not have the same mass cost - 4 mass more expensive than Mantis. If you make a few of each - not much difference but with spam...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Hawkei » 01 May 2016, 15:56

I usually find that the simplest solutions are often the best ones.

I like the idea of introducing a grenade/rocket weapon for the Titan. IMO it should work something like the Hoplite. With range only slightly greater then that of the main plasma cannons. It shouldn't drastically increase the Titan's DPS. But it would give it a rather nice "alpha strike". This would make the unit actually useful for it's intended purpose (that is raiding) without hugely upsetting the existing balance with other T3 units. The "alpha-strike" philosophy also suits the general character of the unit, which has a lot of it's HP invested in a personal shield, and a fast movement speed.

Another auxiliary feature, which would not directly effect balance, but maybe make it a little more useful, is to give the Titan a radar jammer. So that it can decoy PD, Brick, and Percival fire as it is approaching from beyond visual range. It would be able to get in a little closer and use it's main plasma cannons effectively on those static targets. it would otherwise have very little impact during a prolonged fight. It would be a nice ancillary feature, which would be somewhat equivalent to the Loyalist TMD and EMP features - or the Harbringer reclaim ability.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion