IF you ever come back to balance of Titan

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: IF you ever come back to balance of Titan

Postby Iszh » 16 Jul 2015, 07:21

Thats not mech warrior here, but just for you we will change it to the look of a madcat mk2 :lol:

The unit is balanced now i advise testing. Most likely it is still a bit to weak since the weapon needs mirco because of minimal range. Titan would definately lose a fight vs a loyalist if both units are moving atm. But it is stronger in general.
The "bug" with rockets hitting laser i had already in normal faf without any mod very extreme. In one of my games i attacked with t2 mml lots of cybran t2 pd. The permanent rays of the t2 pd killed all the low flying aeon mml rockets incoming better than tmd.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby zeroAPM » 16 Jul 2015, 12:22

I meant:
move the rockets to the sides so that they don't fly into the laser (if possible)

The Battletech mech was there only as a reference for the rocket's positioning.

And this raises a question: does the laser do this with all projectiles or only tml? Are we giving the Titan tml or a more "direct fire" weapon? If the latter in both questions, can the rocket have the (possible) "do not get destroyed by laser" flag as other projectiles?

Also Atlas>Timberwolf deal with it
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Iszh » 16 Jul 2015, 12:43

The problem are not the starting rockets, the laser would hit. The problem was the 10.000 rockets flying down on monkey directly in front of his laser. To Change the bone for hitting monkey is not possible. I didnt test, but more or less the same problem should appear if 20 cybran mml will shoot the monkey.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby quark036 » 17 Jul 2015, 04:32

I'm pretty sure IceDreamer figured out how to remove the lasers colliding with missiles for all projectiles, but it wasn't implemented because 3641 was bugfix, not balance patch. Maybe could be revisited.
quark036

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 26 times
FAF User Name: Quark036

Postby Iszh » 19 Jul 2015, 17:19

Ok i fixed it land t3 balance in Iszh Balance V10 working inclusive titan with rockets. Titan and loyalist should now provide an early protection vs harbingers in low numbers.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby SilverKronos » 20 Jul 2015, 13:11

i tested your mod ISH to test the titans. i got one note to share :

New titan are way too slow IMO. there were as fast as lab, now titans run slower than lab.
apart from that, i love that missile volley :D
English is not my native language, so correct me if i make mistakes. thx
SilverKronos

Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 11 times
FAF User Name: SilverKronos

Postby Iszh » 20 Jul 2015, 19:52

Well ok meanwhile i noticed there are to many things to take care with this. Once i told titan is like a t3 mech marine. Maybe that would be a simple and times more easier effect to provide uef the ability for rushing t3 since titan cannot seriously own t2 units maybe make it really a t3 mech marine. The advantage of those light bots is built time. Lower the built time so easy spam is possible and fine.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Jul 2015, 02:15

lower build time doesnt matter that much when you dont have mass for it. Especialy take care for mass drain/s for not get down your eco balance.
And still when it will be build faster, will it be better against T2 units? When you simply compare it with T2 units on same mass, and take in count price of T3 factory.. how much titans you need to have to be better against T2?

This is not way how it will work, only change bt nearly never fix problem. Instead of making hot-fix make some proper fix that dont make problem only less obvious but what realy heal the problem. How to do it its on you ;)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Iszh » 21 Jul 2015, 10:00

Well ok my last post was a bit frustration because i realized that this has no seriou chance to be taken into a patch. I will adapt it and go on at least for fun to improve it. I was so blind not to notice that icedreamer reduced the speed and turn rate of titan. This would improve definately a lot the results with titan and the weapons it has atm. The micro fight i ve done with you have shown that they are more or less ok now still lose. With more speed and turn rate they can stay out of emp range and keep the minimum range better. Also better evading shots.

Sniper health i will reduce a bit and increase also arti health since the snipers could easily kill the only counter weapon vs snipers.

Some more small changes and removing some changes since it was already done in 3644 and i will do a V11 and then try to test it together with 3644 :D
People who already play a testing mod should not be afraid to add my mod since it changes not sooooo much.
Iszh
Evaluator

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 21 Jul 2015, 11:22

Iszh wrote:should not be afraid to add my mod since it changes not sooooo much.

to be honest on sniper/titan i change less :) much less.

And only small decrease hp on sniper bot is a not way. something with 75r cant have 3500hp. Also cant have 2500hp. its simply uncounterable.
our testing was for you OK? same mass in loyalist rape titan whiteout lose one piece.. its too far from ok.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion