3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby Farmsletje » 18 Dec 2019, 01:08

Before the introduction of snipemode t2 wasn't super shit. Why would it be after this change?
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby ThomasHiatt » 18 Dec 2019, 01:27

I did find snipemode to be one of the most fun things in the game. There is nothing quite like sending a horde of snipemode mantis at your opponents ACU and watching them rage about it. I think games with tons of t1 units where ACU and unit movement is critical are much more entertaining than seeing who eco'd more efficiently.
ThomasHiatt

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 110 times
FAF User Name: ThomasHiatt

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 18 Dec 2019, 09:50

IF something is weak, IF acu die to easyli against unit and its realy necesary to do something with it. Then play with units stats, make acu stronger, get acu area damage that hit multiplle shift g units, make oc cost 4k e as in equilibrium so can oc whiteout storage, give acu bigger speed, range. Etc etc etc. There is so many proper and semi-good solution how to fix this problém. IF this problem realy exist what i dont think is a problem.

But never ever play with ui in try to fix balance issue. Its gate to hell of infinite frustration.

Absolutly samé argument then can beto remove shift g, because bloking is oo strong.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby keyser » 18 Dec 2019, 10:07

Ithilis_Quo wrote:IF something is weak, IF acu die to easyli against unit and its realy necesary to do something with it. Then play with units stats, make acu stronger, get acu area damage that hit multiplle shift g units, make oc cost 4k e as in equilibrium so can oc whiteout storage, give acu bigger speed, range. Etc etc etc. There is so many proper and semi-good solution how to fix this problém. IF this problem realy exist what i dont think is a problem.

But never ever play with ui in try to fix balance issue. Its gate to hell of infinite frustration.

Absolutly samé argument then can beto remove shift g, because bloking is oo strong.

we already answered what you wrote previously in this thread.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 18 Dec 2019, 12:01

keyser wrote:we already answered what you wrote previously in this thread.

I can read, and understand what want to "fix" but solution how to do it is extremely unnatural and stupid. And yes it is. While it prohibits units to do what the player wants to do. When dont like that acu die to units, that target acu, and not some junk around. Then play supremacy, its easy as that. Assassination is about assassination, snipe, kill, put everything into kill single unit. That's the point of the game on assassination setup. If for someone its not enjoyable, gamble, boring or too risky, then ok its understandable, play supremacy, that is about whole dominance and assassination is not that crucial.

Broke UI in way to balance game is all time horrible decision.

play supermancy and not complain about lose game when your acu die. How im now suppose to attack acu with units in move?
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Wesmania » 18 Dec 2019, 12:34

Here's a random thought - now that OC damage is tiered, why not tweak it so that OC sufficient for clumped T1, but not useful against T2 (or ACUs, or buildings) is available from the start? Counters any T1 shift-click kills, even without snipe mode.
Wesmania
Contributor

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 79 times
FAF User Name: MazorNoob

Postby Blodir » 18 Dec 2019, 12:52

Ithilis_Quo wrote:
keyser wrote:we already answered what you wrote previously in this thread.

I can read, and understand what want to "fix" but solution how to do it is extremely unnatural and stupid. And yes it is. While it prohibits units to do what the player wants to do. When dont like that acu die to units, that target acu, and not some junk around. Then play supremacy, its easy as that. Assassination is about assassination, snipe, kill, put everything into kill single unit. That's the point of the game on assassination setup. If for someone its not enjoyable, gamble, boring or too risky, then ok its understandable, play supremacy, that is about whole dominance and assassination is not that crucial.

Broke UI in way to balance game is all time horrible decision.

play supermancy and not complain about lose game when your acu die. How im now suppose to attack acu with units in move?

The goal of no snipe mode: Make the game less likely to instantly end from a small positioning mistake.
Your proposed alternative solution: Remove acu snipes completely from the game.

Your point about using UI to balance the game is very valid, but nobody is going to take you seriously if you're following it up with some total bs
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 18 Dec 2019, 13:01

Blodir wrote:but nobody is going to take you seriously if you're following it up with some total bs

What part is the total bulshit ?
Suggesting play supermancy setup ? Because as you should now it was default seting for supreme commander on start, and over the time it twists to the assassination.

I dont suggest to remove assasination from game, only suggest very valid solution for this who don't like a game easily end, when enemy use units in a way as he wants to use them.
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Postby Armmagedon » 18 Dec 2019, 13:42

FtXCommando wrote:
Who is confirming: literally anyone that streamed the first LotS qualifier or was in the LotS channel at the time. I didn’t hear a single dude say “you know what is super cool about these pepsi games? How I have no choice but to spam pure units and hope my spam kills his ACU before his spam kills mine!”

If I give every faction a 1 mass unit that has 5000k hp and 5000 dps at tech 1, would that be imbal or is it perfectly fine because every faction can make it? It’s called a clearly dominant strategy and when everyone is forced to use it, regardless of whether everyone has access to it, it is considered imbal.

This game is about battles an units shooting and killing and all that stuff, if you dont scout and the enemy put a com and a ton of spam in front of your com and you didnt scout thats totally your fault thats not a minimal positioning error, thats a big error, that have nothing to be with imbalanceness of one strategy, you cant just spam t1 and send into his command and win easy thats total bullshit

if youre in a disadvantage situation you can move back put your com into water or whatever, this snipemod nerf make the com stronger and com normally is more used for defend

f*** man that increase even more the viability of ppl just spamming pds, defending with com and ecowhoring making me feel super bored, or just go gun and run into the enemy like the only optional way, is hard to kill a com with gun wuth spam with snipe mod, without it will be totally impossible if he have tanks comming all the time to the battlefield.

Anyway i dont care i adapt i dont think that change the game too much, but i will miss snipe mode, i think lose it makes the game worst, i never liked to snipe coms with air, tmls or that shits, the only thing i already enjoyed to use for snipe is gone and the thing is i dont understand why.
that changes make units dumber and diminishes the possible tactics to play.

how you kill now a sera com with 45000hp or uef and aeon with shields if you dont have experimentals?

another thing that this topic makes me think is about the making the game better, what would you do guys if you find a way to fix the pathfinding making it better, cause that will not be a minor change like that snipe mod
if you find a way to fix pathfinding that can lead to a super big change in the way of play what would you do? im scared of ppl just blaming that the game is super different.

when we changed the factory stuff and added the HQ factory for stop the lag caused for million engies a lot of ppl complained but i think everyone now see it like a good thing and ppl just dont remember the old times with millions of engies

P.D. say hi to the new gun abuse com age
Last edited by Armmagedon on 18 Dec 2019, 14:37, edited 3 times in total.
Armmagedon

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: ARMMAGEDON

Postby JaggedAppliance » 18 Dec 2019, 14:13

I made a video going through the patchnotes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGoWIdhbk3w

Mongoose is the first topic and snipe mode is the last.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion