3709 feedback thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: 3709 feedback thread

Postby Azraeel » 21 Jan 2020, 03:18

biass wrote:
Azraeel wrote:Balance Team thinks everything is radical. Only Simple, Easy, and Plain ideas are accepted here at FAF! ;)

Considering what you had to offer, i'm happy with plain and easy.
Presenting concepts pulled literally out of the void with no testing or iteration and then replying with "you just don't like change" when they're denied isn't radical.

I mean im sorry my balance ideas aint simple, and actually if someone asked me for some serious balance ideas i'd hand them out. Now if u want them then ask cause hell, i got some. But in terms of do they fit into the current balance
f*** no.

I mean biass every time i post something i dont need u responding, trying to shut me down. Shut up,for once. Everyone has there own balance idea, some might be silly or dumb in your opinion. Now, yes some are insanely dumb. But theres some extremely reasonable and fun changes that could be added. But, when u suggest those heres come the balance nazis. Shitting on u constantly saying your dumb, your ideas are dumb, u dont belong here get out, u total meme. Then after that here come the radical haters, "this is too radical! No were not doing that sorry."
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=18142 | Swarm Developer

https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3 | AI-Development Server

How We All View Ladder
https://i.imgur.com/0CadeyB.png

Balance Team Crushed
https://i.imgur.com/dGsYCCp.png
Azraeel

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: Azraeelian-Angel

Postby Farmsletje » 21 Jan 2020, 04:48

IceDreamer wrote:Why bother? I gave up on them long ago. It's far more arrogant to be so sure you're right that you piss on an idea without even looking at it than it is to suggest the idea, or to suggest that those who do the former are idiots.

And, as a general rule of life, people who form conclusions from no data whatsoever tend to fail at... well, everything. That's why you should try it out. Because otherwise you just look like a bloody imbecile when you say something which has 4 factually incorrect assumptions in one sentence. Actually now I think about it, getting 4 things categorically wrong in one sentence is an achievement! I should congratulate them.

Who said i'm so sure i'm right? All i said is that It's YOUR job to convince me your idea is good and until you have done so i don't have to do anything with the idea. I formed my conclusion with all the data you provided me, which up until this point is basically 2 sentences (basically the thing biass quoted). If you call that no data it's your own fault to not provide me with more considering, like i said before, it's your job to provide me with data to convince me.

Considering that 99% of the community just doesn't have enough knowledge about how balance works it is a clear waste of time to look into suggestions/ideas that are not supported by any arguments at all. On the other hand suggestions/ideas that are supported will almost always be looked at (https://puu.sh/F22kq/32864681fd.png)

About you having provided said data in the past? Well tough luck but i wasn't around back then and it cannot magically appear on my screen for some certain reason.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby biass » 21 Jan 2020, 06:04

IceDreamer wrote:"Hi, I never tried out your code or even glanced at it beyond initial derision. I am working with 0 understanding of the changes and basing everything I say off theory from 0 details."

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Are you trying to tell me I don't know how the Ion storm works? I've played this game 1479 times according to the leaderboards, I don't need to look at some .lua files to gain a solid estimate of what would happen.
(by the way, can you explain why you have 130 global games and no ladder games?)

Feel free to come back when you have some ingame pvp testing and a worthwhile proposal, not a holier than thou attitude and some "code".

IceDreamer wrote:people who form conclusions from no data whatsoever tend to fail at... well, everything.

It's not a conclusion, it's criticism; the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes.
And if you don't know how to handle it, you're going to end up the failure.

-----

Azraeel wrote:and actually if someone asked me for some serious balance ideas i'd hand them out.

I'll humor you, show me one "serious balance idea."
Instead of flinging shade, you should have been doing this in the first place.

Azraeel wrote:Everyone has there own balance idea, some might be silly or dumb in your opinion.

That is correct.

Azraeel wrote:But theres some extremely reasonable and fun changes that could be added.

Where are they? I only really see stat changes at random. where is the idea that turns the obsidian into an indirect fire tank? t2 artillery into 3 round bursts? that makes novax fire lockon missiles?
Most people in this forum only seem to come here as an emotional response after they lose a game and suggest whatever plagued them in the moment get nerfed or buffed, and then rant on about a hatred of change or whatever when it's denied. It's been this way for YEARS. Nobody makes fun proposals, and that includes you.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby ZeRen » 21 Jan 2020, 08:12

Farmsletje wrote:Considering that 99% of the community just doesn't have enough knowledge about how balance works it is a clear waste of time to look into suggestions/ideas that are not supported by any arguments at all.

wow, what an arogant statement

here you have it boys, if you are not 2k player your opinion doesnt matter

this proofs that you dont care what community thinks

smells like totalitarian dictatorship to me
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby TheKoopa » 21 Jan 2020, 08:15

So we should have 900s handle the balance?
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby biass » 21 Jan 2020, 08:33

ZeRen wrote:wow, what an arogant statement
here you have it boys, if you are not 2k player your opinion doesnt matter
this proofs that you dont care what community thinks
smells like totalitarian dictatorship to me

Grats on missing the second half of the sentence and going on some lunatic rant that validates the orginal statement.

suggestions/ideas that are not supported by any arguments at all.

Please try again later.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Little Miss Murder » 21 Jan 2020, 09:08

TheSetoner starts a balance riot!
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby Little Miss Murder » 21 Jan 2020, 09:33

So while we're listening to the 900s - I wanna bitch about the Cybran ACU upgrades.

No ARAS. No shield. No nano. Regen? Gimme a break. No t2+gun.

My point is that pretty much all the cybran com upgrades are situational. Telemazer is expensive and pretty much only a last-ditch gambit with little use throughout the game. Can we make it more accessible? Torpedo is nice but situational. Compare all this with the other coms which have game-wide useful upgrades and I'm left feeling a little bit short-changed. At the very least allow t2+gun, i.e make torpedo/gun on the same slot.

Note, I'm not arguing for balance - I'm asking for more variety. As it is, the Cybran com is a scaredy pussy that needs coddling and hiding away.

ETA: "Stealth"

Uhuh. Ima upgrade that sucker and crush all before me :roll:
Little Miss Murder

Postby FtXCommando » 21 Jan 2020, 09:47

“How can I be a versatile faction without a t2 stage rambo ACU??? It’s outrageous, it’s unfair!”

“Take a seat, mantis spammer.”
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Little Miss Murder » 21 Jan 2020, 10:11

Oh come now, that's not what I'm on about and you know it.
Little Miss Murder

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion