Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby Strogo » 26 Oct 2019, 12:36

Mass/energy ratio is different. There is not enough energy in RAS sacu to convert all available mass into Para.

Para cost 250k mass and 7500k energy. Ras sacu 6.5k/117k * 0.9 = 5.85/105 (sacrifice multiplier 0.9 for sacu, 0.6 for engies)

In terms of mass you can get: 5.85/250 * 100% = 2.34% of para
Energy: 105/7500 * 100% = 1.4%

So in the end 1 sacu gives 1.4% and all unused mass dissapears. Pretty weird and unintuitive system I should say, but at least it's 100% bug/abuse-free :D
Strogo
Crusader
 
Posts: 47
Joined: 25 Oct 2017, 00:51
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Strogo

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 26 Oct 2019, 14:38

So each SCU contributes 90% of the mass cost and 90% of the energy cost into the building? And then both mass and energy cost have to be satisfied in the end?
User avatar
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: 20 Oct 2011, 11:28
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 87 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby AdmiralZeech » 26 Oct 2019, 16:30

Maybe there should be a conversion of unused mass / energy into the other resource, at a extremely poor exchange rate, so that at least it's not a total waste :)
AdmiralZeech
Priest
 
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 16:56
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby speed2 » 26 Oct 2019, 17:52

Fixed in some certain mod but there's not retard to tell you anymore
User avatar
speed2
Supreme Commander
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 15:11
Has liked: 604 times
Been liked: 1048 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby LabPunk » 26 Oct 2019, 22:43

ACU's have too great a power cost ATM for sacrifice to make any sense at all to heal it.
It also has a great build time, so in your formula it would heal almost based on mass only.
I feel though, that healing an acu some HP per t1 engie would be be OP. HP on your acu, especially in ladder games are essentially a resource, and this would give Aeon an unfair way of attaining that resource in a way the faction isn't meant to.
Depending on the calculation it becomes either useless, or OP.
LabPunk
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 13:06
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: HighDro

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby ZeRen » 27 Oct 2019, 11:39

LabPunk wrote:ACU's have too great a power cost ATM for sacrifice to make any sense at all to heal it.
It also has a great build time, so in your formula it would heal almost based on mass only.
I feel though, that healing an acu some HP per t1 engie would be be OP. HP on your acu, especially in ladder games are essentially a resource, and this would give Aeon an unfair way of attaining that resource in a way the faction isn't meant to.
Depending on the calculation it becomes either useless, or OP.


so engies healing ACU is OP, but the fakt that, Cyb ACU has no shileld or nano, while other ACUs do + some can even have T2 on top of it, is ok???

engies cost money and build time of facts, you know
User avatar
ZeRen
Evaluator
 
Posts: 627
Joined: 03 Aug 2014, 08:22
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 46 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Re: Why the Aeon Sacrifice feature does not work for ACU

Postby LabPunk » 28 Oct 2019, 21:10

ZeRen wrote:so engies healing ACU is OP, but the fakt that, Cyb ACU has no shileld or nano, while other ACUs do + some can even have T2 on top of it, is ok???

No it's not, it's not okay.
The only people who don't seem to think that the Cybran ACU is underpowered seem to be the balance mods. I don't see why you bring up Cybran ACU though.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=18203

ZeRen wrote:engies cost money and build time of facts, you know

Sacrifice isn't meant to be mass effective, but rather TIME effective.
Aeon ACU's are shield based, giving Aeon the ability to insta regen their health before heavy personal shield becomes available would be unbalanceable.
LabPunk
Avatar-of-War
 
Posts: 55
Joined: 25 Jul 2018, 13:06
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times
FAF User Name: HighDro

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest