Commander naval weapon

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Commander naval weapon

Postby creativename » 10 May 2019, 14:48

I was thinking after playing small navy dominated team games, about how the commander has very limited power when it is under water. Far less than when it is on land. So why not give the commander the ability to fire it's weapon under the water. I understand this could cause major problems so it might be a good idea to have the commander do far less damage under water(over charge would have to be decreased as well). Naval fights only include naval and air units while land fights are affected by land, air, naval, and the commander. I am only a 1000 rank so feel free to tell me why this is a terrible idea. I am sure someone already thought about it (or made it in a mod)but I wanted to see what everyone thought. Thanks
creativename
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: creativename

Re: Commander naval weapon

Postby ZeRen » 10 May 2019, 19:01

creativename wrote:I was thinking after playing small navy dominated team games, about how the commander has very limited power when it is under water. Far less than when it is on land. So why not give the commander the ability to fire it's weapon under the water. I understand this could cause major problems so it might be a good idea to have the commander do far less damage under water(over charge would have to be decreased as well). Naval fights only include naval and air units while land fights are affected by land, air, naval, and the commander. I am only a 1000 rank so feel free to tell me why this is a terrible idea. I am sure someone already thought about it (or made it in a mod)but I wanted to see what everyone thought. Thanks

Cybran have commander upgrade so it can fire torpedos, pretty strong, you can get it quite early, but otherwise Cybran commander is shit,

other factions have hover tanks, that can fight vs navy, hover is usually used to get back to water, when you are pushed out, Cybran dont have hover units, but have torpedo upgrade on commander and strong torpedo luncher
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby creativename » 10 May 2019, 19:20

Good point, I did not think about hover.
creativename
Crusader

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: creativename

Postby FunkOff » 27 May 2019, 22:54

Use Air too.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Little Miss Murder » 28 May 2019, 09:45

Cybran have no reliable tools for getting back in the water. Ive moaned about this endlessly but the response is always some sophistry about best frigates salems best cruisers git gud bla bla bla.

The torp upgrade for the com is, frankly, rubbish and only useful when you're in a pinch. Like tele, it also sets you up for being sniped.
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby FtXCommando » 28 May 2019, 09:49

Ever hear of this amazing tool called HARMS and the absurdity of nano repair cybran sacu? Who said cybran has best cruiser? You sure you’re arguing with people that opened sup com before?
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby ZeRen » 28 May 2019, 09:53

Little Miss Murder wrote:Cybran have no reliable tools for getting back in the water. Ive moaned about this endlessly but the response is always some sophistry about best frigates salems best cruisers git gud bla bla bla.

The torp upgrade for the com is, frankly, rubbish and only useful when you're in a pinch. Like tele, it also sets you up for being sniped.

yup, you right, there are more balance problems with Cyb, like shitty ACU, soon even in late game( telezater got nerf, but some how is still "OP"), if you are pushed out of water, I wish good luck, you gonna need it
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby ZeRen » 28 May 2019, 09:53

FtXCommando wrote:Ever hear of this amazing tool called HARMS and the absurdity of nano repair cybran sacu? Who said cybran has best cruiser? You sure you’re arguing with people that opened sup com before?

ehm, how you will build HARM when you are not in water :?
ZeRen
Evaluator

Postby Little Miss Murder » 28 May 2019, 09:56

FtXCommando wrote:Ever hear of this amazing tool called HARMS and the absurdity of nano repair cybran sacu? Who said cybran has best cruiser? You sure you’re arguing with people that opened sup com before?

HARMS is my go to strategy for killing floaty spam. Wins me a gaems everytime :P
Little Miss Murder

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: Little Miss Murder

Postby FtXCommando » 28 May 2019, 10:02

ZeRen wrote:

ehm, how you will build HARM when you are not in water :?

Pretty easy to get enough buildpower to finish it before frigs/destro can kill it on naval 20x20s.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Next

Return to Balance Discussion