T2 stationary Anti Air

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

T2 stationary Anti Air

Postby Bennis- » 25 Feb 2019, 12:19

For me T2 stationary flak is almost never useful. I think it should be stronger considering its stationary compared to mobile flak.

If we look at other stationary defenses like point defenses they we can observe that they are significantly stronger than normal units of the same tier in terms of projectile speed, DPS and range. Just compare 5 tanks to a t1pd, Percivals to a ravanger or a few Wagner to a Cerberus.

Now I feel like T2 stationary flak should be stronger in some ways.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Increase efficacy versus fast moving tier 2 units like torpedo bombers. This would make them viable defenses on navy maps versus torps.

2. Increase their range significantly to make a tier 2 flak a worthwhile investment as preventative measure to cover and entire area against air raids such as drops and zlo bombers. They would still suck versus tier 3 air, but be actually someone useful to get on tier 2.

3. Reduce build time by 25%. This way your engis aren't dead before it's finished 75% of the time.

Kill me now.
Bennis-

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Bennis

Re: T2 stationary Anti Air

Postby 5cript » 28 Feb 2019, 17:17

My personal opinion:
- seems fine as long as the buff is not overdone.
- Too much range might "feel stupid" for the air attacker on attempted fly bys and potentially decrease accuracy if projectile speed stays the same.
5cript
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: NomenNominandum

Re: T2 stationary Anti Air

Postby Steel_Panther » 08 Mar 2019, 04:44

I think a buff of some sort is probably good. When most people just build mobile flak to protect their base anyway, it's a clear sign that stationary flak is underpowered. I'm not sure the best way to buff them because making the range huge might just totally negate the potential for drops. Maybe just lower cost and build time would be enough, but maybe a little more range is necessary too.
Steel_Panther

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 19 times
FAF User Name: Steel_Panther

Return to Balance Discussion