T2 shield disruptors for Cybran, UEF and Seraphim.

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T2 shield disruptors for Cybran, UEF and Seraphim.

Postby ChaosRefractor » 16 Nov 2018, 00:37

I'd be interested in a mobile T2 PD version of UEF satellite for 10 mass 100 power.
Firebase shields aren't supposed to counter rush anyway. There's a reason why they have that great dps.
Thanks for the 60 lines of entretainment guys.
ChaosRefractor
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: ChaosRefractor

Postby biass » 16 Nov 2018, 06:54

moses_the_red wrote:A more reasonable analysis would be:

You start building pillars. Enemy sees you're building pillars and just ecos.

8 minutes pass, you have 50 pillars, your opponent spent half the 10k mass you spent on pillars on eco and now has a significant eco lead on you

300 rating ladder is one hell of a place

go and make a mod for it instead of wasting not only yours but everyone else time here: http://supcom.wikia.com/wiki/Unit_Creation
come ask for help on your endeavours on the new channels in the maps and mods server because i sunk more time into it then you did thinking about your balance posts
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby moses_the_red » 16 Nov 2018, 20:55

Bias, if you think I'm a terrible player, feel free to join one of my games and prove it.
moses_the_red

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: moses_the_red

Postby Ze Dogfather » 16 Nov 2018, 23:29

Sounds fair; he could join one of your games, and he can ask you to search ladder for him (barring that he's nearly 1k above you in ladder so it might take a while for you to work your way up to be in slapping range of each other), I'm sure that'll settle things nicely.
A m a z e
Ze Dogfather
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 159 times
Been liked: 51 times
FAF User Name: Dogfather

Postby Endranii » 17 Nov 2018, 00:26

No no no no no, It's clear that it will be settled on Finns.
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby biass » 17 Nov 2018, 04:38

No, im not interested in joining one of "your games" https://imgur.com/a/mHaibDG

It's already stated that i'm more a 1v1 kinda guy and as it stands you have close to 1000 rating to climb up at the moment. Oh and i typically only hand out training games to people i have deemed worth the time to invest training into, so no, sorry. Luckily i don't need to prove you are bad because both trueskill and the replay vault exists.

With that out of the way, how is your mod: "awesome new unit for the faction i main" coming along?
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Louvegarde » 17 Nov 2018, 11:16

5. He queued up a firebases along the routes to his base you might take. He is spending more and has more production capability at firebase on the shortest most direct route. He also moved all of his T1 land to help support it.

I am not so sure about this scenario, to be honest. "Queuing up firebases along all the routes I might take" ? That's a damn huge lot of firebases.
Cryogenic slumber party!
Louvegarde
Priest

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 103 times
FAF User Name: Louvegarde

Postby moses_the_red » 17 Nov 2018, 18:29

Louvegarde wrote:
5. He queued up a firebases along the routes to his base you might take. He is spending more and has more production capability at firebase on the shortest most direct route. He also moved all of his T1 land to help support it.

I am not so sure about this scenario, to be honest. "Queuing up firebases along all the routes I might take" ? That's a damn huge lot of firebases.

In the scenario I was using, it was 2. I didn't specify a map, but there are lots of maps where this kind of thing could happen.

If its wonder open, sure. Too many routes to block off land with firebases. 10x10 or larger open maps can't be choked off with a firebase or two, but most maps aren't like that.

Don't believe me? Here's a link to the current ladder pool.

/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16382

Go through it, look at the maps, and tell me how many of those maps could have land cut off with fewer than three firebases. Its a fair proportion of them. Craig Dunes, Dry Canyon, Vale of Isis, Fields of Isis. Its probably about half of non-naval maps.

And of course there's a much higher proportion in the popular team maps that get played constantly. You know, the maps where like 50% of all faf games are played that we've arbitrarily decided don't matter for balance cause that totally makes sense.
moses_the_red

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 7 times
FAF User Name: moses_the_red

Postby Turinturambar » 17 Nov 2018, 21:01

Don't believe me? Here's a link to the current ladder pool.

ok lets go through them
1st: all 5x5 dont count. only on nooblevel there are ever firebase wars
badlands:3 chokepoints you nearly never see firebases in 1v1
Arctic Refuge 190812983 chokepoints
Dry Canyon v3 effectively 5x5
Fields of Isis: you rarely see firebases since ppl rarely bother to build enough units to make it worth it
Four-Leaf Clover here firebases can legot happen but are kinda weak since you can stil get everywhere wht air
High Noon the is not even land build here
Last Oasis never seen firebases there since gameplay doesnt evolve enough around land plus need tech in expansions etc
Red Rocks not a firebasemap
Regor VI Highlands sometimes there is one in mid one of the maps where firebases are possible and actually appear (though not often)
Saltrock Colony 3-5 pathes
Stella Maris WM 1v1: airmap
Twin Rivers: possible firebase map, but usually only decent if youre getting rolled by an enemy all in push
White Fire v2 navymap
Abhor ~4 pathes
Diversity many pathes etc usually no firebases but since you have insane mass there could in theory go firebaseheavy
Z-D Rasty Lite too many pathes
20x20 are not firebasemaps anyway

so where exactly are all the "firebasemaps" in ladder? and where are the decent level (1800+) games where T2 pushes etc get constantly crushed by firebases and cyb needs an anti firebase tool?
Turinturambar

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: 竜宮レナ

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 17 Nov 2018, 21:46

Why has this discussion not ended with the term MML? Morax mentioned Cybran MML once and this is still going. Any fire base dies to it. Any firebase with enough T2 artillery to make things difficult is so far beyond the T2 stage that T2 units no longer matter.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion