Return some percentage of resources on factory cancel order

Moderators: Zock, JaggedAppliance

Re: Return some percentage of resources on factory cancel or

Postby keyser » 17 Sep 2018, 17:39

When I cancel a unit I usually do it because I want to immediately start making something I need. Leaving a wreck to reclaim when canceling would be the opposite of a QOL improvement in that case.

Oh i never meant that would like that either. That would be unplayable. But it would make more sense than getting back the resources from the cosmos, like blodir is suggesting.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 401 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Blodir » 17 Sep 2018, 17:48

keyser wrote:
When I cancel a unit I usually do it because I want to immediately start making something I need. Leaving a wreck to reclaim when canceling would be the opposite of a QOL improvement in that case.

Oh i never meant that would like that either. That would be unplayable. But it would make more sense than getting back the resources from the cosmos, like blodir is suggesting.

I must have missed the part in supcom lore where mass disappears to the void when constructing units
Blodir
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 412 times
Been liked: 462 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby AdmiralZeech » 23 Sep 2018, 13:06

Rather than talking about whether it makes sense or not, what effect does it have on gameplay?

Personally I think it's so infrequently used that it will have very little effect on real gameplay, and if it was implemented it could probably open up several potential exploits to be be abused.

I don't think it's really worth the effort?
AdmiralZeech
Priest

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 48 times

Postby JoonasTo » 24 Sep 2018, 13:25

I just lost a game few days ago because my air player didn’t want to cancel his strat xD

Also misclicked and made a t1 bomber a few days before that I didn’t want to cancel^^

So as to does it happen? Yes, yes it does.
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion