PATCH 3696 RELEASE THREAD

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: PATCH 3696 RELEASE THREAD

Postby IceDreamer » 31 May 2018, 03:24

Don't want to speak for the balance guys in specifics, but I do know they're listening to feedback and there will be at least one follow-up patch. Nobody was so naive as to think it would be perfect first time out. It would be fantastic if people feeding back in this thread would do the following:

1 - Remember to temper expectations and criticism appropriately. The aim of the patch was to lengthen the T2 land stage by bringing T3 down and pushing T4 away to the future. Don't come here to complain about not being able to make a 10 minute ML, or lamenting the fact that you might have to build an army with T2 utility units mixed in. That was the point.

2 - As well as saying how you feel about the new gameplay (ALL the feedback so far here is good stuff IMO), try to attach suggestions to it as well. So, to pick on Morax because he is the next most recent poster (Sorry mate), what would you suggest to curtail the pillar spam? Should Percy be further weakened (how?) or other heavy units buffed (how?)? What might the other factions be given in return for less building HP? What makes the commander best and how would you suggest it, or others, be shifted? What things would make T2 in other factions lively?

I ask this, because recognising an issue isn't nearly as tough as coming up with viable, inventive solutions, and I firmly believe that the more people suggest lots of different options, the more ideas and considerations will be running through the minds of the balance team as they think it all over.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby FtXCommando » 31 May 2018, 05:00

Morax wrote:Someone loves UEF:

1) Pillar spam more viable then ever
2) Titan is strong
3) Percy still best t3 land unit while others suffered
4) Highest hp buildings for same cost as other factions
5) Best Commander
6) Please think a little more when trying to make t2 a lively stage for ALL factions.

Seriously, this was just a UEF buff patch.

Hey what's up guys, it's ya boi, the dude that doesn't realize other factions exist! Here is the UEF insight on this patch:

1) Obsidian push is legit just as if not more dangerous than the pillar push and the entire reason it wasn't abused before was because of how unreasonable harbs were.
2) Titan will lose to loyas when not given solid micro and they lose to a fair degree against harb/othuum in mass equivalent numbers (taking into account pgens for the e drain).
3) It's the best sure but it isn't in an entirely different category than the brick as it was before. UEF still needs SOME edge in the T3 bot front due to no direct fire T4.
4) I don't see the point to the HP FaCtiOn DiVeRsiTy and if people want to remove it sure.
5) I'd switch UEF ACU with Aeon ACU a n y d a y.
6) T2 was always pretty lively for phim/UEF. Aeon has no real reason to not have an active T2 phase in the new patch. The only faction with 1) a bad rambo ACU 2) no mobile shield is Cybran and it's preeeeeeeeeeeetty hard to make their T2 stage active with those realities.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Tagada » 31 May 2018, 10:07

I would just like to say that I am really concerned with OC changes. I think that new system is nice and it was nessesary but I feel like not enough people speak of it's side effect which is that OC no longer over kills units so it leaves 100% mass now. Even with nerfs to rambo upgrades I think just because of this fact rambo Acu's become stronger when properly used, especially vs t3 rush or semi rush. I am not trying to act like a cybran fun boy and complain that they finally have weakness but I really think that they are screwed now on t2 stage with their low range, high mass price tanks that easily get OC'ed and now they willl leave juicy wrecks as well. I am also concerned about another thing that might happen which is shorter, more snowbally mathes on t2 stage. Now if you lose t2 fight you are pretty much screwed because your oponent gets insane amount of mass after the fight and it might be over after one fight.

Before changing anything I would like to test it more. My intial proposition is to make OC overkill slightly so the change won't be that dramatic because I think that people really don't understand how big this change even is.
Tagada

Has liked: 86 times
Been liked: 18 times
FAF User Name: WhoIsThisNoob

Postby Apofenas » 31 May 2018, 10:51

Got to bring this discussion. I think t2 range bots need some work on their weapons.

Would be nice if Hoplite could shoot all its missilies at once to avoid targetting problem. Currently there is 0.2 sec delay between missiles so when they turn during shot half of their missiles goes elsewhere.

For Mongoose - increace MuzzleVelocity and remove firing randomness on gatling. This will allow unit to actually hit its direct shots and make better usage of its range.

Personally i think it is better to integrate EQ concept completely. Apart from targetting fix that i suggested EQ Hoplite is even worse stat wise: a bit more HP but much less speed which lets fast units like hover tanks catch them very fast and other units don't let them run away if you make a mistake. This pretty much turns Hoplite into t2 aurora.
Mongoose is a whole different unit. NotWorseHoplite as it is atm. It is worse at ranged combat, but gets stronger in close combat with higher HP and close range grenade weapon.

Can we get it please?
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Farmsletje » 31 May 2018, 14:21

Morax wrote:5) Best Commander

You know you are biased when calling 2nd weakest acu the strongest
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby TheKoopa » 31 May 2018, 16:38

Man I love these sudden flips despite no stat changes at all
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Morax » 31 May 2018, 17:57

Farmsletje wrote:
Morax wrote:5) Best Commander

You know you are biased when calling 2nd weakest acu the strongest

Okay, let me rephrase: strongest STOCK ACU, which means without upgrades
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby moonbearonmeth » 31 May 2018, 20:55

Literally who gives a shit about who has the best stock ACU when they all draw one another in a 1v1 fight.
Ask me about my amazing content production to watch while you wait in a lobby.
moonbearonmeth
Priest

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Suomi KP-31 desu

Postby Exotic_Retard » 31 May 2018, 23:38

Apofenas wrote:Personally i think it is better to integrate EQ concept completely.
I see my sacrifices on moonless nights are starting to pay off.
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Morax » 01 Jun 2018, 00:35

moonbearonmeth wrote:Literally who gives a shit about who has the best stock ACU when they all draw one another in a 1v1 fight.

Like literally which ACU gets more hp by vet stalk by killing t1 spam? Use your head, bud.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion