PATCH 3696 RELEASE THREAD

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: PATCH 3696 RELEASE THREAD

Postby JoonasTo » 29 May 2018, 10:58

I'd like to again point out the the buildtime for game-enders, T3 arty and the like is ridiculously low. If using the same buildpower to make a Mavor and strats, you can make 10 strats, which comes to 10% of the mass cost of the Mavor. Currently the buildtime for Mavor is two Fatboys. Better yet, a Duke builds a third faster than a Fatboy. These kinds of mobile units(strats and experimentals, mostly) are supposed to be the counter to enemy spamming game-ender/T3 arty. In a late-game situation where we're talking 300-500 mass per player and 1000+ mass per team the balance is currently completely screwed in the other direction. Adjusting the buildpower requirements for these buildings really doesn't hurt the balance in other areas and only affects noob dual gap games where UEF/Cybran spam hives/kennels while the Aeon/Seraphim don't know what T3 engineers are.

Blodir wrote:T3 arty cant have faction diversity by design, because all arties serve the same role: penetrate shields and destroy enemy arty. There is always going to be some arty that is better than others.

Currently with a single arty:
Duke --> Disruptor --> A BIG GAP --> Hovatham(without targeting bug) --> Emissary --> Hovatham(with targeting bug)

I made a video about this some time ago:
NEW T3 ARTY COMPARISON

Giving Hovatham one more AoE would buff it to around the same level as Duke and Disruptor. Emissary is just what it is since a single one is garbage and multiple are amazing due to just two being able to break all t3 shields. Also a single emissary can be made more effective by targeting the shields on one edge first and the target building only after those are down. Similarly Hovatham should always be groundfired a little beyond the target to get it to aim at the right spot. Groundfiring T3 arties is useful in general because they have "smart" firing computers that stop firing once they figure the target will die from the airborne shells...which of course doesn't take into account shields popping back up(or new ones being constructed.)
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby keyser » 29 May 2018, 11:36

how come, the emissary being considered the best until now just turned bad into this patch without any nerfing ?

maybe you should add some T3 shield to your test and see how arty deals with the combinaison of T2/T3 shield.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby JoonasTo » 29 May 2018, 11:59

Because Emissary went down from 900 range to 825 while Duke and Disruptor went up from 750 and 700 to 825. I'd say that qualifies as a massive nerf.

The more shields you add, the better the Disruptor does. The more arties you add, the better the Emissaries do.
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby keyser » 29 May 2018, 16:11

ok, always thought aeon was best at arty war because because of damage over time and precision, and that range was a nice bonus for targetting more stuff afterward. But it's true that i nearly never play game that reach this stage (even exp stage :oops: )
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby ____ » 29 May 2018, 18:26

After looking at how the arties play out, I have to say that the Duke, Disruptor and Emissary are now more or less balanced (maybe a bit too much range, but that is probably just me :( ).

And well yeah, these changes made the Hovatam even worse, especially with the targeting bug. I think some more balancing is needed in that aspect.

I would also like to express, that the build times of t3 arties is too low currently compared to t4 land units imo. I think a small nerf would definitely not hurt there in order to make them less of a quick mass dump if you got too much in the storage.
____

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby JoonasTo » 29 May 2018, 19:32

keyser wrote:ok, always thought aeon was best at arty war because because of damage over time and precision, and that range was a nice bonus for targetting more stuff afterward. But it's true that i nearly never play game that reach this stage (even exp stage :oops: )

It is best arty once you get more than one. Because of the damage and precision indeed. But as you can see form the video, just a few t2 shields will block it completely. That's because the fire rate is so slow shields recharge in the time it takes for the next shot to land. Best part, if you don't surround it with power, it can't even break a single t2 shield xD
JoonasTo
Priest

Postby Yolo- » 29 May 2018, 19:54

Hi, just wanted to say that the sera t2 torp launcher still has only 4.8k hp, 1k less than cybran!! :x
Yolo-

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 30 times
FAF User Name: Yolo-

Postby justice » 29 May 2018, 22:26

The new changes are forcing real boring gameplay for everything except 1v1 which is barley effected by t4

Now instead of land battles people just make pd and skip t4 and t3 land straight to nuke and arty wars because it is more efficient. why have change that boost arty and nuke game instead of fun stuff?

this change completely ruin balance between the land rush to attack a nuke rush. turn game into nuke def and nuke simluator great job and some arties.

please change at least build time back to old, much much more fun than make nuke every game.

1v1 is boring and fact is no one plays it so why make small change to fix 1v1 to ruin everyone else please think
justice

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Paradoxon » 30 May 2018, 10:28

Just out of curiosity:
What is the purpose of the Ahwassa change? Make it miss less drops?
As a side effect it can now drop the bomb at almost 90° to its flight direction.
(I guess it doesn't matter since it is not used that often)
Spoiler: show
ahwassabomb.jpg
ahwassabomb.jpg (271.78 KiB) Viewed 2023 times

Also i feel like it is now significantly less effective to micro a gc vs a chicken
And what's up with the severe lack of outrage? Did you drug everybody or something like that...
Paradoxon
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Morax » 31 May 2018, 01:17

Someone loves UEF:

1) Pillar spam more viable then ever
2) Titan is strong
3) Percy still best t3 land unit while others suffered
4) Highest hp buildings for same cost as other factions
5) Best Commander
6) Please think a little more when trying to make t2 a lively stage for ALL factions.

Seriously, this was just a UEF buff patch.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion