Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Postby Blodir » 27 Apr 2018, 12:29

FtXCommando wrote:
Blodir wrote:At least exp buildtime should be gradual or a lot of players will be very upset by not being able to instantly spend their mass (especially in gap and the like)

I'm not even sure if there's been a faf beta game that reached experimental stage so I have zero idea how that will be changing gameplay. Mega taking 2/3 the buildtime of a mavor might not be much of a big deal on maps where you spam 3 trillion engies for reclaim, but dunno if it makes t4 totally unviable on say a map like funeral plains.

I want to clarify that I am not concerned about high level games. I worry for the low rating / gap players who might be turned off by such a drastic change and maybe outright quit. It will take some time for low rating players to adjust to having to make extra buildpower, which is not really common in noob gaps unless you are making hives. Pretty sure a lot of players already overflow mass. It's a positive change, I just want to make sure that noobs have time to adjust to the new metagame
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby FtXCommando » 27 Apr 2018, 13:07

Hasn't it always been a case of diffusion? The tryhard lower ranked players will copy the BO of higher rated players who in turn crush the people who do not care/do not have time/do not want to adapt and eventually the slightly less tryhard players will copy the BO from those similar rated players. I doubt the lower ranked games where people haven't even adapted to current meta will care about the new meta. You'll get some dudes complaining about percies not crushing as hard or extra ACU suicides due to less OP rambo ACUs but complaining from lower levels existed at every patch.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Feather » 28 Apr 2018, 17:08

Should not be changing balance on things that have potentially frivolous gains(not sure there is any) when there is risk of ruining the game BIG LEAGUE.

Mass has always been the main throttle except for nukes for good reasons. Making the game based less around strategic objectives like mass and instead build power is just generally an incorrect approach. It is especially boring for factions with no hives to spam more cancer bp.

Also you are making proxy com dropped t4 much harder and pointless.

You are just wrong if you think that change is good.
Feather
Banned

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times
FAF User Name: Feather

Postby Endranii » 28 Apr 2018, 18:59

Also you are making proxy com dropped t4 much harder and pointless.

Can't wait for proxy Ml done in just 6minutes :kappa:
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby FtXCommando » 28 Apr 2018, 19:09

Drop some engies in the water with your acu you fucking babies
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Postby JoonasTo » 29 Apr 2018, 01:11

Saddest part is my tele proxy fatboy in enemy pond won't be possible anymore :(
JoonasTo
Priest

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times
FAF User Name: JoonasTo

Postby ItsYourFuneral » 14 May 2018, 06:05

"I Don't Know What We're Talking About.......(tactical pause)....... LOUD NOISES !!!!".... ~My take on balance discussion as per the comments
ItsYourFuneral
Crusader

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: ItsYourFuneral

Postby Blue_Owl » 14 May 2018, 11:55

This emphasises the micro capabilities of the Harb

The titan has a smaller health shield but this regens very quickly, sometimes even during the course of a battle if you can keep them alive.

The brick now has slightly less range than a Percy but gains speed, turn rate and muzzle velocity to allow for better micro.

Nice. We're starcraft now. Anyways, all under 200 apm people should be declared sub-human and banned from FAF.
The Percival now has the longest range of the T3 tanks and bots so kiting is now very important

Range: 35 → 34
Range: 35 → 32

All hail new aurora. /s
The Loyalist gets a small nerf to many stats, and its stun will no longer affect Experimentals and ACUs.

!question
Solve the problem for 666 chatpoints! Loyalist is the most: a) meme unit b) titan unit
ACU changes:

Added a 10 second cooldown to the Teleport ability.

Yeah, why encourage risky play. ACU must be dedicated to a single role: ctrl+k t2 mex and build t3.
Blue_Owl
Crusader

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Blue_Owl

Postby Farmsletje » 14 May 2018, 11:59

You should form a seperate balance team together with speedy, ithilis and lichking. I expect great things
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby FtXCommando » 14 May 2018, 12:17

Blue_Owl wrote:Nice. We're starcraft now. Anyways, all under 200 apm people should be declared sub-human and banned from FAF.

What? Is rewarding micro copyrighted or something? Is it bad for FAF gameplay?

Blue_Owl wrote:All hail new aurora. /s

Is the /s there because you know the comparison is retarded and you're preemptively poking fun at the people holding that opinion?

Blue_Owl wrote:!question
Solve the problem for 666 chatpoints! Loyalist is the most: a) meme unit b) titan unit

If you thought loyalist was balanced, you're the meme.

Blue_Owl wrote:Yeah, why encourage risky play. ACU must be dedicated to a single role: ctrl+k t2 mex and build t3.

gettin BRS_Destructor flashbacks here

FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion