Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3696 Feedback Thread

Postby Morax » 23 Feb 2018, 03:31

History lesson: Since Supp Comm days on GPG before 2010 the fobo referred to "fervor or lobo"

Again, how do any of you expect game to change without this knowledge of basics :roll:
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby keyser » 23 Feb 2018, 03:43

fobo is sera arty (floating lobo = fobo)
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Morax » 23 Feb 2018, 06:42

keyser wrote:fobo is sera arty (floating lobo = fobo)

You ruined the fun ....

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby PsychoBoB » 23 Feb 2018, 09:36

Yesterday i had a very intense game where i killed a T3 ACU with Obsidians. I tried to spam them and it worked quite well.
Maybe i just got too influenced by the "common" Harbrush. I think i'll just use the Obsidian much more in the future to find out how it works out.
If you fear the dark you have never seen what light can cause!
PsychoBoB
Priest

Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: McNeil

Postby Morax » 23 Feb 2018, 13:22

Good good, now please mix in mobile shields to graduate to level 2 knowledge.

Thank you thank you for being someone who tries a suggestion out rather continue to deny : )

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby PsychoBoB » 23 Feb 2018, 13:42

Morax wrote:Good good, now please mix in mobile shields to graduate to level 2 knowledge.)

Guess what? I already mixed in shields and even some T2 flak! What level do i have now? ;)

Morax wrote:Thank you thank you for being someone who tries a suggestion out rather continue to deny : )

You're welcome!
If you fear the dark you have never seen what light can cause!
PsychoBoB
Priest

Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 29 times
FAF User Name: McNeil

Postby Cyborg16 » 26 Feb 2018, 10:14

Feedback from a game last night (Foden + Clinch vs FreedomFighter + me), and it's all about overcharge.

First up, I finished Foden with 5 loyalists, and he claims he tried to overcharge several times but the ACU kept turning. He forgot to build more than one Estor but still should have got off an OC; need to check replay.

Second, OC vs PD. Freedom tells me it took 5 shots to kill a T1 PD. In Petric's video description, he says OC damage is limited to 25% vs buildings to keep OC from being more powerful and prevent a single shot draining too much power. 25% vs buildings means 4 OC shots (or 5 with regen) to kill any building. That is ridiculous. Perhaps scrap the 25% limit and instead limit to 1000 hit-points or so? Previously 1 OC nearly killed T1 PD and 2 OC nearly killed T2 PD; it would be nice to keep it near that to prevent early T2 upgrade being too powerful vs gun-com (okay, unit spam... but lone PD should remain vulnerable to gun-com IMO, especially with stealth or shield).
Cyborg16
Crusader

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: Cyborg16

Postby Farmsletje » 26 Feb 2018, 11:02

The first thing is a game bug and happens in non beta games too
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 27 Feb 2018, 04:48

Cyborg16 wrote:Second, OC vs PD. Freedom tells me it took 5 shots to kill a T1 PD. In Petric's video description, he says OC damage is limited to 25% vs buildings to keep OC from being more powerful and prevent a single shot draining too much power. 25% vs buildings means 4 OC shots (or 5 with regen) to kill any building. That is ridiculous. Perhaps scrap the 25% limit and instead limit to 1000 hit-points or so? Previously 1 OC nearly killed T1 PD and 2 OC nearly killed T2 PD; it would be nice to keep it near that to prevent early T2 upgrade being too powerful vs gun-com (okay, unit spam... but lone PD should remain vulnerable to gun-com IMO, especially with stealth or shield).

An indirect buff to T2 over gun... exactly what the patch of August 2016 and the subsequent 2017 winter patch fixed... Nicely done...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby PerfectWay » 22 Mar 2018, 15:19

Hi, all
I have to leave feedback on this patch.
I'll start from the end.
Veterancy
I welcomed a new mass-based system, introduced some time ago. But now I'm wondering why these new changes are needed? If a unit or a structure is destroyed by N mass, they must be guaranteed to receive their reward for these N mass. Why to destroy by a little should be more profitable than to destroy a lot?
Overcharge
"Have 5k of energy and you have a chance to destroy several powerful T3 units at once". It's not just numbers, it's an important part of game mechanics. Many new missions (especially complex ones, where the role of micromanagement of ACU in battle is high) FAF are designed with this mechanics in mind.
The idea of making a changing flow is not bad, but I think it will be good in a single modification, but not in the basic version of the FAF.
Adjacency for T3 mass fabs
In one of the previous patches fabricator T3 returned the relevance of the game. Now it is truncated in a strange way. +50% bonus to production with full coverage by storage, it is also a basic principle. Need to trim the fabricator? Let's reduce its production or increase energy consumption.
T4 Units
The hardest moment. If we want to lower the role of experimental units, then this is not the way. We can not just take and increase the construction time. This breaks the mechanics of the game. Remember the mission of the campaign, where the seraphim build Ahwassa? What now we have twice the time for the mission?
If we need to somehow change the role of the experimental unit, we need to work with its settings for damage, armor, etc. separately in each case, and not just take and increase all the time in 2+ times.
T3 Units
Increase the role of T2 is a good goal. But is it worth doing this by cutting down the T3 units, while only increasing the build time of the experimental units? The build time is easily compensated by the engineering strength, is now more important than the number of engineers than the number of resources?
I think it's possible to increase the role of T2 by increasing the cost of T3 units, but not their combat characteristics. You can also do with T4 units relative to T3.
ACU
Well, a few words about the ACU in the end. I did not study all the features of the ACU in detail, but I got the impression that with each patch the number of armor and shield armor decreases, but the Cybran ACU laser damage is still as hot :D. Judging by the comments, this also worries other players.
Summary
In the current form of the patch in any case can not be released, it requires considerable improvement. It is better to split it into parts, working out so many changes takes a lot of time and something can be missed.
I hope my feedback will help make FAF better.
PerfectWay
Crusader

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: LastDragon

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion