Balance suggestions

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance suggestions

Postby Farmsletje » 08 Aug 2017, 01:11

Yolo- wrote:Lich King is right, there is no equivalent of arty for t1 navy units to kill them. They already rape subs and that is their main purpose. They have a big range advantage and force frigs to come closer and kill the def or to retreat. You are not supposed to use them as your main defensive units, you are supposed to make mobile units. T1 torp launchers are support units, which you can make fast with engis if you need more dps to defend your base. T1 torp launcher buildtime is 450 compared to frig buildtime of 1250-1450.

If you want to turtle against frigs, you can just make t2 pd to defend your t1 torp launchers, which, in turn with their range of 50, will force the frigs to not attack your factories.
Buffing t1 torp launchers will only result in early navy turtleshit, which makes t1 aggression meaningless.

Btw, i think sera t2 torp launcher needs hp buff with only 4800hp compared to the others. Cybran has 1000hp more and more dps.

Here is the problem: You don't need a "sea arty" do deal with t1 torps because frigs are already more than capable. T1 static AA doesn't have an air counter either, but it still is mass effective against air.

The buildtime thing isn't important on most maps. On setons you have lots of buildpower and lots of mass but almost every other water map is based around lots of navy aggression from min 4 so a lot less eco (and bp as a result) to spam t1 torps (especially in the 8min- stage when they are being build).

Also, on any non setons map you can't easily turtle vs navy because if you do they will just brutalize your neighbors and you will instantly lose the game.

t2 pd isn't a viable responce since we're talking about the t1 stage.

And fyi, the buffing options i said for t1 torps can be lowered to not make too big of a change but still make them better. I'm happy as long as they atleast get a slight buff.
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Farmsletje » 10 Aug 2017, 22:21

Farmsletje wrote: - Zthuee: Seraphims t1 arty is one of the most powerfull/versatile tools in its arsenal. They can be mixed in lategame army compositions and still be relevant. I don't have any issues with them on the land, however i do think they are way too strong in the water. The only real answer to them is frig spam but on 10x10 maps, take flooded tabula rasa as an example, you often don't have enough room to spam enough navy facs to counter it. I'd suggest lowering the movement speed of them on the water to give them a slight debuff, while its land balance remains the same.

More than any other suggestion i recommend implementing this one the most. Stupid stuff like this should't happen:
https://youtu.be/lB5egRVsSbg?t=1h38m2s

Not only that, fobo's limit map design by a HUGE margin because sera almost auto wins on some maps.
FtXCommando wrote:
Farmsletje
Contributor

Postby TheKoopa » 10 Aug 2017, 23:24

Well at that point you already crushed their navies soooo
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 11 Aug 2017, 00:01

No. Look at seraphim navy - it's not that good! Hover is needed to augment it so leave fobos alone!
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby keyser » 11 Aug 2017, 00:15

good troll here lich
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby FtXCommando » 11 Aug 2017, 00:31

The funny part is that he doesn't know it's a troll statement.

The only other faction that can compare to phim's autowin ability on some map slots is aeon on 5x5.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Farmsletje » 24 Oct 2017, 02:58

Let me add something to this list: Buffing the aeon and cybran rambo sacu's.

I shouldn't really need to explain why.
FtXCommando wrote:
Farmsletje
Contributor

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion