Reduce Salem Muzzle Velocity

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Reduce Salem Muzzle Velocity

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 26 Jun 2017, 02:27

Simple thing: The Salem is considered to be the best destroyer in FAF against a whole variety of units. It can walk on land, it is really good against subs, it's AA is good, it has long range and it is hard to dodge.

I think it is too good at killing ACUs. When you are dodging, you cannot outrun them because they can follow onto land and dodging slows you down so much. I do not think a mobile unit with such a long range should be that hard to dodge.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Re: Reduce Salem Muzzle Velocity

Postby Farmsletje » 26 Jun 2017, 02:30

They are easy to dodge
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 26 Jun 2017, 02:36

Dang, this post was supposed to be in the Balance forum. It's late and I messed up, sorry. Could a mod please move this thread and the other one I created? Thanks!

Farmsletje wrote:They are easy to dodge

Hmm... maybe my dodges where really fruitless because of 2 Salems. Maybe reducing the fire-cycle would be the better option then.
I'm really bad at dodging strats, but I think Triads are fairly easy to dodge. Salems are not imho.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 26 Jun 2017, 04:43

Salems follow the Cybran age-old tradition of clouding the skies with projectiles so it's only logical that they shoot often. Maybe instead of nerfing Salem we buff its couterparts? Buffing the range for seraphim and UEF destroyers until 70 can kinda fix the problem.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 26 Jun 2017, 05:51

Salems from max range miss a lot on their own, and are stupidly easy to dodge, and when they hit they don't do an epic amount of damage anyways lul

Lich King wrote:Buffing the range for seraphim and UEF destroyers until 70 can kinda fix the problem.

absolutely not
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Nepty » 26 Jun 2017, 07:30

If the bunny with the magnum is against it, it's obviously is an excellent change that needs to be made immediately...

I finally understand how things work around here.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby biass » 26 Jun 2017, 07:36

Nepty wrote:If the bunny with the magnum is against it, it's obviously is an excellent change that needs to be made immediately...

you only like it because it nerfs your most hated cybran, not because it is actually good

stop trying to bait please
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Zeldafanboy » 26 Jun 2017, 15:12

Salems are really good against navy and hover-- but killing ACU's? Very rare, especially considering how vulnerable they are to massed units when on land. They really aren't a sniping tool and don't need nerfs for that reason.
Symbiont solidarity. All UEF Are Bastards.
Zeldafanboy

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times
FAF User Name: Zeldafanboy

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 26 Jun 2017, 15:37

Salem is my nr. 1 cause of death when playing land spots on naval maps. I love pushing with my ACU.

There is no other T2 unit as dangerous when pushing land. I can get flak vs corsairs and mercies and just kill other T2 and T1 land. Frigates can be outrun, cruisers can easily be dodged. But if I overlook navy allies loosing, 2 or 3 Salems get at 2/3 of their range of your ACU, I am dead. I can't OC it, I can't outrun it and it is really hard to dodge.

I just think that the Salem is way to deadly for a T2 unit (I'm talking full vet nano t3 Sera com). Especially since it's not a risky investment into a snipe weapon.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby zeroAPM » 26 Jun 2017, 15:57

If the girl with the anime is for it, it's obviously is a terrible change that must be made illegal immediately...

zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Next

Return to Balance Discussion