Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance patch 3684 Feedback Thread

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2017, 03:09

Also can we talk about why Novax ctrl + k was nerfed. Using them to kill SML or Paragons via ctrl+k was basically the only time they weren't meme weapons.
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby biass » 29 May 2017, 04:21

I don't get the Flapjack argument, you don't get the spearhead for a triple volley, but for the increased damage and range, its like saying Demolisher is irrelevant because they both fire one shell,

Else, looking forward to testing changes some more, especially the vet changes, im a huge hater of insta hp so i cannot help but be happy, at least until i lose a t4 to it :oops: :oops:
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Nepty » 29 May 2017, 05:18

biass wrote:I don't get the Flapjack argument, you don't get the spearhead for a triple volley, but for the increased damage and range, its like saying Demolisher is irrelevant because they both fire one shell,

It's about style and uniqueness. Without it every good unit will end up an oblivion cannon like aeon. Static Oblivion cannon, destroyer oblivion cannon, battleship triple oblivion cannon, T4 experimental battleship oblivion cannon. Cool weapons, but gets stale after a while. I'm sure the same could be said about UEFs Gauss weaponry.

Also just throwing this out there: Jagged please don't turn the spearhead into a land cruiser (8 missiles in one volley). :lol:
(Just in case it somehow crosses your mind :p)
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby zeroAPM » 29 May 2017, 12:49

biass wrote:I don't get the Flapjack argument, you don't get the spearhead for a triple volley, but for the increased damage and range, its like saying Demolisher is irrelevant because they both fire one shell,

Else, looking forward to testing changes some more, especially the vet changes, im a huge hater of insta hp so i cannot help but be happy, at least until i lose a t4 to it :oops: :oops:

1) flapjack=>1 tube, spearhead=>3 tubes
2) spearhead firing many missiles fast is what makes them more likely to hit and not be stopped
3) having a game mechanic fixed so it's not useless (jamming) takes precedence, why balance around something broken when you can balance around something that works as it should?
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Evan_ » 29 May 2017, 15:34

FtXCommando wrote:Also can we talk about why Novax ctrl + k was nerfed. Using them to kill SML or Paragons via ctrl+k was basically the only time they weren't meme weapons.

Everytime one of them would drop I'd get Red Alert 3 flashbacks.
Evan_

Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 80 times
FAF User Name: Evan_

Postby PhilipJFry » 29 May 2017, 15:43

FtXCommando wrote:Also can we talk about why Novax ctrl + k was nerfed. Using them to kill SML or Paragons via ctrl+k was basically the only time they weren't meme weapons.

Shield bounce prevents that either way now.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby NapSpan » 29 May 2017, 16:11

PhilipJFry wrote:

Shield bounce prevents that either way now.

If Shield bounce prevents that I dont see any reason to nerf crash damage, its a way to punish unshielded things, pretty fair to me.
Also Cybran T1 pgens are able to survive single Janus drop, is this intended? I guess other factions cant (i have to test it but i dont think other T1 pgens can).
Attachments
6281923-NapSpan.fafreplay
Game full of beauty Janus showing what I,m saying
(45.97 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby keyser » 29 May 2017, 17:00

If Shield bounce prevents that I dont see any reason to nerf crash damage, its a way to punish unshielded things, pretty fair to me.

well then you can use normal attack from the satellite to kill unshielded things, no need ctrl k your sat here.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby FtXCommando » 29 May 2017, 19:12

It seems kind of circular to nerf something because something else made it "pointless." Was Novax ctrl + k considered an exploit?
Are you upset? Are you happy? Are you a FAF Player? Come to the PC Discord and share your thoughts and build the community!

https://discord.gg/Y2dGU8X
FtXCommando
Councillor - Players

Has liked: 234 times
Been liked: 583 times
FAF User Name: FtXCommando

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 29 May 2017, 20:15

I don't get the novax thing either. There was a crash randomness introduced in the first weeks of FAF to make sure it wouldn't just hit your intended target. The crash damage also was reduced from 5k to 3k.

At 3k death damage, the only thing worth killing with a self-destruct is an SMD and I really doubt you'll hit it with a satellite.
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion