T3 Gunships

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T3 Gunships

Postby Morax » 17 Mar 2017, 22:27

That was quite the nice write up and I will give you props for that.

Even though you ask for forgiveness for your Setons player status, I do challenge you to play among us and put this to us.

Not one person who has stated what you did has done it as it is all theory and you remove things like stress and lame as shit gameplay where you have to be above-and-beyond protective of an ACU at 10 mins+.

Yes, you have to be mindful of an ACU at all times as "assassination" is the ubiquitous game mode, but it's ten-fold with t3 to the point where it is stupid to try anything aggressive.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Mel_Gibson » 18 Mar 2017, 03:32

Anyone that thinks T3 gunships can be produced quicker than ASFs should be voided from any balance discussions since they can't (edit: originally can, void me also) display a basic understanding of game mechanics imo....
Last edited by Mel_Gibson on 18 Mar 2017, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Morax » 18 Mar 2017, 04:09

Swol wrote:Anyone that thinks T3 gunships can be produced quicker than ASFs should be voided from any balance discussions since they can display a basic understanding of game mechanics imo....

OK come play something other than setons.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby IceDreamer » 18 Mar 2017, 04:44

Hildegard wrote:A fellow of no great mark nor likelihood, and never seen but in the heat on Seton's shores (please don't scourge me for this sin).

On Aeolus, I heard you call my logic asisine, as [t3] gunships can be produced earlier than ASF's. So it is without a doubt, yet tell me, would you not consider it asisine that entire teams never lift a finger if their opponent air began building t3 gunships with one or two t2 pgens at minute 6 or 7? Did not a scout fly past? Was there no marker laid: "Something is sketchy over here"? Isn't it also a risky move by this rash air? How should he get away with producing units which in mass demand a third of [t3] pgens cost, and in energy a rounded 73% of the same? What's the cost of two or three dozen interceptors to this, evenly split by a team, to shelter their friends from this threat - or have I been deceived? Was the pristine state of teamgames a set of simultaneous ladder games played side by side? On my part I thought the higher the quality of a game, the more each and every player perceived themselves as parts of some greater whole, a team, which by joining small streams of forces can overcome obstacles like a frothing river. Because here exactly is the perspective I can't grasp: why talk of the strength of costly units that are used against you exclusively by players who were not your direct foes, yet in the same breath forget the friends who could have mirrored this act on your foe, or aided you in your defense against this assault.

What a beautifully written post. Fucking brilliant. Props dude :)

OT - I thought I'd settled this with Morax on Slack TBH. Every example I've seen or heard of T3 Gunships being an issue has turned out to be bad scouting and response, or 2v1. No, player A engaged in a landspam with player B cannot be expected to defend themselves when player C comes in with 3 Broadswords. You shouldn't be able to. You should expect to be forced to fall back until player D can do the thing with the 3600 mass they did NOT spend on broadswords. 1v1, if they held their own on the ground AND got T3 Gunships, they just completely outplayed you. If you're rolling them, and they surprise you with T3 Gunships with your pants down, they went for a very risky play, you didn't scout, and you deserve to die. Not much more to go on here...

Also, "Air" slot being a thing is appalling map design.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion