Cybran gameender

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Cybran gameender

Postby IceDreamer » 07 Nov 2017, 21:50

PhilipJFry wrote:The static sera arty tends to shoot in front of the target for the most part which makes it hit a decent bit less than it should
I can't figure out how to make cybran/uef arty shoot at more range than they already have - i'd like to make all static t3 arty shoot at 800 range

If you know how to solve those two issues then that would be a great help

He says, having not asked the person here who knows the most about how this stuff works...
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby PhilipJFry » 07 Nov 2017, 21:59

i'd dig out the slack history to show you i did but we don't have that anymore :>

edit: Icedreamer managed to fiddle with the values and make them shoot at the intended range
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 07 Nov 2017, 23:47

PhilipJFry wrote:The static sera arty tends to shoot in front of the target for the most part which makes it hit a decent bit less than it should
I can't figure out how to make cybran/uef arty shoot at more range than they already have - i'd like to make all static t3 arty shoot at 800 range

If you know how to solve those two issues then that would be a great help

ou yeah this, i was forced on this problem as well, and it was pain in the ass. Why it didnt work as it should and as you want is because it have bad maked model with bones that work properly only on it actual size and angle where it yaw turet. When you increse range on cybran artilery then it should fire from higer angel as model can physicaly shoot so it didnt shoot at all.

There are multiple solutions:
- one of then should be rework model and it bones, what will be probably best one.
- Another solution should be play with turret pitch/yaw range and found some values that dont colide with actual model bones.
- thereticly play also with bones size itself, but for this you need someone who know how model works, and its not me :/
- or some hack style fix, where play with projectile parameters that will ignore artilery model, but tbh im not sure if this will work, or how it can be hacked (and its not very healty to game)
- easier solution -> copypast it from equilibrium, where all artilery have same range. but its 700 (because that was rough limit where cybran t3 arty and sera was able fire properly and dont cause that issues whiteout another fixing)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby B_U_F_F_I_T_U_P » 08 Nov 2017, 02:07

Cybran overall need a buff!! big time. they fucking suck early game and late game.
Anton Slavik: We need order, Cabal, The Brotherhood needs Cabal, Cabal IS ORDER, Cabal is the hand of Kane.
Cabal: AHAHAHAHAHAHHA...Listen to the sounds of your own extinction human...
B_U_F_F_I_T_U_P

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Cabal

Postby uzurpator » 28 Nov 2017, 12:26

I logged in just to comment here, because why would I not.

Sciathis
Gatling Artillery

Stealth
Cloak
Teleport

Range: 500-1500
Damage: 50 ( 1000 dps, 20 shots/second )
Double damage to shields
EMP ( 2sec ) on impact
Camera ( 2sec ) on impact

Shoots a constant stream of artillery shells over a wide area, disabling shields and causing mayhem to anything below it.
uzurpator

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: uzurpatorex

Postby PhilipJFry » 28 Nov 2017, 12:31

the Scathis has 300 max range
if you want an arty with a min range of 500 and max of 1500 i don't think you play the maps we focus on when balancing the game (5x5, 10x10, 20x20)
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby uzurpator » 28 Nov 2017, 12:49

I came to this number from map sizes - where 80x80 is 4096 units, If I recall correctly. I intended new'n'improved Sciathis to shoot across more/less 3/4 of setons. Possibly less even. Let't make it 3 to 10km range.

Edit: Come to think of it, 2 - 7km would also work, I guess.
uzurpator

Postby PhilipJFry » 28 Nov 2017, 12:50

3/4th of setons means that you can easily wipe out everything from the rock position which is better than any stationary t3 arty in terms of range
this will most certainly not happen
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Postby uzurpator » 28 Nov 2017, 13:01

It's not going to happen anyway, unless I mod it. I just like to think of something that is properely game ending and not another arty/nuke launcher as we have enough of those. Disabling the entire base from cloak/stealth with a piece of teleporting equipment is consistent with Cybran theme and rapid fire is consistent with the theme of Scathis.

Come to think of it, It would suffice for it to wear out shields and cause massive EMP lockdown and it would make the enemy base in a very fragile state.
uzurpator

Postby PhilipJFry » 28 Nov 2017, 13:13

uzurpator wrote:Come to think of it, It would suffice for it to wear out shields and cause massive EMP lockdown and it would make the enemy base in a very fragile state.

galacticfear already did that in his setons balance mod
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion