Cybran gameender

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Cybran gameender

Postby Iszh » 11 Mar 2017, 15:53

Hey there, cybran has no gameender.

Definition of gameender:
One unit which can win the game and costs more than 180k mass.

List of existing gameenders
UEF - Mavor - Unstoppable snipe weapon and can kill anything. cant be blocked anyhow.
AEON - Paragon - Unlimited ressource generator and aeon has luckily exp air land and ship exactly for this reason
AEON - Salvation - Despite it is meant to spam those things after paragon they are cheaper and can finish it faster if enemy does not have the eco to assist sera shields
Seraphim - Yolona Oss - Super nuke. Can be assisted nearly unlimited since nuke costs nothing. It needs unassisted 8 smd to be stopped. Cheapest gameender good for rush.
t3 arti are gameenders with limited range but on seton for example only aeon can reach enemy back base without problems

In former times scathis was a gameender. It costed 200k mass and was basically a second mavor just rapid fire. Some crazy people thought ohh great lets make an op t3 arti out of it. Said and done. As i wrote it was op and then changed. Now it is a hell shit. Question is if another gameender arti isnt boring. I dont have good suggestions to bring back a nice gameender for cybran but it would be definately nice to have a gameender for them because thats a major faction imbalance. Telemazor and stealth t3 bombers might be cheese but not gameender.

Some total random suggestions:

1.) Make Laser upgrade cost 200k mass and give additional 100k hp to the acu
No idea to what epic desaster this would lead but definately all cybran players would go on strike since this measure would kill the usual telemazor which i beleave it op and no fault to remove. No other faction has such a snipe ability seriously. Cybran got enough toys.

2.) Make scathis simlpy back to the old 80km range arti and buff it a bit like mavor
No explanation needed

3.) Make scathis a t3 arti with 900 dps and cost like 75k mass so it is a usual t3 arti and make disruptor a gameender
Could be boring because stationary t3 gameender disruptor would be just a copy of mavor

4.) AEon and uef have arti and sera a nuke. Make a new unit and give cybran an other kind of super nuke so we have 2:2
Sounds best in my opinion

5.) Give cybran a new exp unit which is like eye of rhianna but a unit gate. you can settle a point on the map and then any unit which will go inside will be teleported to this place. Megaliths and monkeys teleporting one way.
Sounds to futuristic no idea weird suggestion.

Does anybody else have new suggestions to this`? I vote for cybran getting an gameender back. I know i am a UEF player but setons high level is played random and exactly there i need a gameender sometimes. Cybran not having such a thing is a major imbalance!
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Re: Cybran gameender

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 11 Mar 2017, 16:11

heh i have discuse this like half year in past, and i will vote for ultimate cloak field generator, that will cloak everything in 1000radius. so for every unit with steal will enemy need omny, what is ultimate paranoia and fast death to some invisible snipe.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby ZeRen » 11 Mar 2017, 16:26

agree with Iszh, and balance T3 arty, make range same and balance diferent stats
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Farmsletje » 11 Mar 2017, 16:36

Also make atlantis fly
FtXCommando wrote:
need to give him some time to blossom into an aids flower
Farmsletje
Contributor

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 452 times
FAF User Name: Farmsletje

Postby Endranii » 11 Mar 2017, 18:58

Don't bash me please as a noob, but what about introducing some kind of big ass EMP bomb dropped from orbital satellite on to the enemy base that would simply deal some dmg say 1.5k in centre and 250 outer part while disabling everything except ACU/SACU for 1 min in the epicentre and 45s in the outer part? The cybran nuke already have EMP effect so why not take it one lvl higher and make a EMP game ender?
Endranii

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 50 times
FAF User Name: Empty_Spot

Postby Iszh » 11 Mar 2017, 19:21

Hmm sounds strange but another idea mroe realistic would be since cybran are anyways good with rockets insane fast tml and nuke emp to do the same like aeon and uef have. T4 arti and t3 rapid fire arti. Sera has a big nuke why not to give cybran a rapid fire nuke with big emp effect.

Nuke launcher
190k mass cost
built power the usual 1080
10 mass cost per second and 800 e cost per second to be the same as sera nuke
nuke itself is a normal cybran nuke but with slightly bigger and longer emp
built time of a single rocket is 30s
nukes stored can be 4 and fired all 4 exactly same delay like their tml
1 anti rocket is needed for one of those nukes
and the name of this thing is according to their tml-4 --> SML-4

thats exactly half of sera super nuke. People tell super nuke can be countered to easy. Cybran can push it insane with engi stations. Sera can assist as well with engi scus. I dont think they are to easy to counter. What is the t3 pgen for mavor and salvation is the built power for the exp nukes. Take the model of the cybran tml and make it bigger to a super nuke.

Edit just noticed it is stronger than yolo so maybe it should cost more and yolo needs anyways a buff maybe minimal reduced built time for rockets.
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby galacticfear » 11 Mar 2017, 20:36

I actually like the idea of a game ender EMP weapon to be honest... if it disabled all units for like 30 seconds, it would be really nice to use taking advantage of cybran's strong land T4/T3 attack, rather than doing any damage itself, it would be a strong utility unit.... maybe like a giant mercy that causes an EMP effect rather than something that can be used multiple times, so timing is important and protecting it etc... like a one shot ahwassa that has to be used in combination with other units/attacks to be successful. Alternatively change scathis to long range rapid fire EMP shells, with little to no damage but similar EMP effect/time duration/radius as loyalist or chrono dampener, meaning you could fire it constantly in a small location to support your T4 attack, disabling enemy T4 for a few seconds a time depending on your shells hitting.

Yeah you read my mind icedreamer.
Last edited by galacticfear on 11 Mar 2017, 21:04, edited 2 times in total.
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Postby IceDreamer » 11 Mar 2017, 20:42

Could even be built into Scathis itself, as some kind of timed, or perhaps purchased, ability. Perhaps a toggle, from High Explosive to EMP yield shells, to time and link in with a ground push.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Mycen » 16 Mar 2017, 20:39

IceDreamer wrote:Could even be built into Scathis itself, as some kind of timed, or perhaps purchased, ability. Perhaps a toggle, from High Explosive to EMP yield shells, to time and link in with a ground push.

Dunno, that doesn't really seem to make sense. Rather than toggle to EMP shells to allow for a ground unit push, why not just... kill everything with the Scathis? You can't really withstand a Scathis bombardment. Also, that wouldn't really address the issue that if a Mavor or Salvation gets started the Cybran player has nothing they can start in response, they just have to push really hard and hope they can make it before the game-ender gets finished and wipes out their eco.

If you're talking about giving Cybran game-ender level weapons, and the Scathis's endgame utility in particular, think about making it pack/unpack more quickly (and maybe move a little more quickly too). As it is now you can't really use it in combination with pushes because it's so slow that your opponent can just launch a nuke at it once it unpacks and starts to fire. It's so slow to pack up and move that it is practically guaranteed to be hit. That still wouldn't help in situations involving islands though. And I really do this the 'Scathis firing from underwater' solution is a dumb one.

Personally, I think the Cybran game-ender solution relies around a dramatic rework of the Cybran T3 bomber...
Mycen
Evaluator

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 40 times
FAF User Name: Mycen

Postby galacticfear » 16 Mar 2017, 20:46

Mycen wrote:Dunno, that doesn't really seem to make sense. Rather than toggle to EMP shells to allow for a ground unit push, why not just... kill everything with the Scathis? You can't really withstand a Scathis bombardment. Also, that wouldn't really address the issue that if a Mavor or Salvation gets started the Cybran player has nothing they can start in response, they just have to push really hard and hope they can make it before the game-ender gets finished and wipes out their eco.

If you're talking about giving Cybran game-ender level weapons, and the Scathis's endgame utility in particular, think about making it pack/unpack more quickly (and maybe move a little more quickly too). As it is now you can't really use it in combination with pushes because it's so slow that your opponent can just launch a nuke at it once it unpacks and starts to fire. It's so slow to pack up and move that it is practically guaranteed to be hit. That still wouldn't help in situations involving islands though. And I really do this the 'Scathis firing from underwater' solution is a dumb one.

Personally, I think the Cybran game-ender solution relies around a dramatic rework of the Cybran T3 bomber...

What is wrong with a purely EMP weapon as I expanded upon?
galacticfear

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 85 times
FAF User Name: galacticfear

Next

Return to Balance Discussion