Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Postby Nepty » 08 Feb 2017, 01:10

keyser wrote:this aeon subs change seems a nice idea. Would make surfacing aeon sub usefull. Not sure about how much vision it should give though. (maybe something else than vision ?)

Uhh. Hmmm. Pick one of these I guess:

Reclaim ability when surfaced
Crappy AA gun
Small radar
Small Omni sensor ( nope )
Can build T1 sonars
Air staging. Refuel one T1 fighter or T1 bomber. ( Funny )
Chrono torpedoes stun targets for 1 second. (Must be surfaced to use stun torpedoes.)
Regen HP slowly when surfaced

Speed increase when surfaced
Rate of fire increase when surfaced
Can Repair other units when surfaced.
Cloaked but shows up on radar. ( What are we? A Cybran mole?)
Tactical defense flare. ( Very very slow RoF)
Releases a high pitched Scream for no reason when surfaced.

Okay I'm out of ideas for now. Enjoy.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 08 Feb 2017, 05:49

Ehm...

1) When was Jagged elected and by who?
2) Revert HP changes. Who made the decision to add this... "diversity"... by changing building HP?

Economics is one area where all factions should be equal. Factories' HP wasn't that high, it's just that whenever you storm a base you have to bring some arty to speed everything up... which should ALREADY be in your army!
Spoiler: show
I heard that a BO of 5 tanks 1 scout and 1 arty is a pretty good one...

Why do people cry about walls so much? Is it because of walled T1 PD? It is no threat, you need just 1) couple OCs; 2) 1 or more arty to kill it, which, as noted above, should ALREADY be a part of your army. It is not meant to be stormed, unless you have ~20 tanks standing by and can afford losing 3/4 of them.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby speed2 » 08 Feb 2017, 11:33

1) When was Jagged elected and by who?

+- a week ago by council
2) Revert HP changes. Who made the decision to add this... "diversity"... by changing building HP?

Zock, this was his last patch
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 08 Feb 2017, 17:54

Morax wrote:
3674_Ythota_vs_30percies.fafreplay

By the way, Sera chicken t4 is now epic. Go to min 8:30 and watch the !gametaun 24 :D

Interesting! I love the range approach, it makes the Ythotha kind of a big Ilshavoh.

It seems the AoE weapon gets turned if you micro the chicken. Is that intentional? The AoE weapon could also use a bit more projectile speed imho.

I still think relative numbers for t3 resource buildings are a little extreme, UEF having 45% more HP then Sera and Aeon seems too much.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Agrum » 08 Feb 2017, 23:57

Lich King wrote:Ehm...
Economics is one area where all factions should be equal.

That's pretty much what i'm thinking too - i play only 1vs1 - always as cybran, wich are now having the lowest hp on eco buildings.
Thats a disadvantage and i don't really understand why this is a good thing to have a "diversity" - for me it's just unfair. Why should my mexes be easier to raid as for example the uef ones? Do you wan't to have people all playing uef ? Regeneration on buildings is bullshit - it's a poor trade for having much less hp.

I have no problem with reducing hp for the HQ's , so it's easier to stop somebody who's rushing t2 or t3 but keep it simple and let have all factions same hp !

The walls : wtf was wrong with that - for me there was no change needed.
The Chickenbot : whatever, no idea if it's good or bad

There was no patch needed at all - you are balancing this game to death.
I wasn't already happy with the last patch - i wished the bomber would have keep his radar , and a cybran tml with only max 4 rockets is a joke. (ok well , the thread is about the recent patch)

I might have only a limited view on these things because i never play seton's games: but i play since the game came out , i have made thousands of 1vs1 (gpnet and faf) - and for me this patch is the not going in the right direction.
Agrum
Crusader

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
FAF User Name: Agrum

Postby PhilipJFry » 09 Feb 2017, 00:46

Pretty sure the last patch was made with ladder in mind (giving cybran some kind of disadvantage since they seem to have less weaknesses than other factions). Walls are still pretty damn good.
The consens currently is that balance in the game is decent but not perfect and as long as there are things that can be improved we should do our best to do so.
I can guarantee you that setons is was and will probably never be the focus of balance changes.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 09 Feb 2017, 01:04

Agrum wrote:
Lich King wrote:Ehm...
Economics is one area where all factions should be equal.

That's pretty much what i'm thinking too - i play only 1vs1 - always as cybran, wich are now having the lowest hp on eco buildings.
Thats a disadvantage and i don't really understand why this is a good thing to have a "diversity" - for me it's just unfair. Why should my mexes be easier to raid as for example the uef ones? Do you wan't to have people all playing uef ? Regeneration on buildings is bullshit - it's a poor trade for having much less hp.

Yep, that's the idea behind the patch. Cybran is the strongest faction. Instead of nerfing their toys further, they introduced a new weakness.

OT: Starting your post by agreeing with Lich King is bad for your credibility ;)
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Nepty » 09 Feb 2017, 01:11

Agrum wrote:I play only 1vs1 - always as cybran.

That's the problem right there.

FAF was turning into a one faction game in 1v1. I forseen it, and warned the dev/pro's for 6 years. Nobody listened until it was too late. So many threads being made about Cybran being the best, and having the best blah blah blah. Something had to be done. It was...

I absolutely love the patch. Shame about the bomber's radars, but oh well. Use a scout. Diversity is good. About the HP everyone is crying about, it's perfectly fine.

Pulled directly from my cute-- well rounded behind:
UEF converts mass into an alloy called duranium. They mix it with bits of Calcicrete. Tech 1 walls are made with that material also, it's why they have so much HP. So yes. It is possible to create stronger structures with the same amount of mass as the other factions. It's all about the construction methods, arcuticture, and materials.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 09 Feb 2017, 02:49

Nepty wrote:
Agrum wrote:I play only 1vs1 - always as cybran.

That's the problem right there.

No. Just no.

Nepty wrote:FAF was turning into a one faction game in 1v1. I forseen it, and warned the dev/pro's for 6 years. Nobody listened until it was too late. So many threads being made about Cybran being the best, and having the best blah blah blah. Something had to be done. It was...

I absolutely love the patch. Shame about the bomber's radars, but oh well. Use a scout. Diversity is good. About the HP everyone is crying about, it's perfectly fine.

Pulled directly from my cute-- well rounded behind:
UEF converts mass into an alloy called duranium. They mix it with bits of Calcicrete. Tech 1 walls are made with that material also, it's why they have so much HP. So yes. It is possible to create stronger structures with the same amount of mass as the other factions. It's all about the construction methods, arcuticture, and materials.

Spoiler: show

speed2 wrote:Zock, this was his last patch

yes, he proposed this but it was rejected. I thought that the new BC & the team would do a different patch instead of passing what the old councilor suggested and what community largely has disapproved?
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby megatron219 » 09 Feb 2017, 03:16

I'd suggest making it so one t3 Cybran bomber pass can't kill a t2 mex. it's pretty brutal, especially on maps where you can kill 3 mexes with one bomb. Coming in stealth makes it too easy
megatron219

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion