Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Postby Morax » 06 Feb 2017, 19:13

Jagged,

Given the hp changes to the structures shouldn't we also apply a factor to the cost of each one? It doesn't make sense how everything should cost the same.... maybe make Cybran ones cost a little more e because of the regen factor, but...

It's not like you can't raid Cybran xD

- Morax
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Morax » 06 Feb 2017, 19:16

Also, I'd like to do some Open Palms, etc "open style 1v1" games to see how miserable it is to be raided as cybran now.

Any takers? Let's test this out and see if we can get some justifiable evidence to revert first like we did last time to get the comm hp regen back.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby Morax » 06 Feb 2017, 19:50

3674_Ythota_vs_30percies.fafreplay
(113.71 KiB) Downloaded 66 times

By the way, Sera chicken t4 is now epic. Go to min 8:30 and watch the !gametaun 24 :D

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

Postby JaggedAppliance » 06 Feb 2017, 20:07

Morax wrote:
3674_Ythota_vs_30percies.fafreplay

By the way, Sera chicken t4 is now epic. Go to min 8:30 and watch the !gametaun 24 :D

The main problem with the fight you refer to is the percies got way too many move orders and direction changes so they didn't get to really catch up. Thanks for testing and posting this replay.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Kalvirox » 06 Feb 2017, 20:09

I don't like the idea of t3 pgens and mass extractors having the same health. Something about it seems wrong to me. I mean that's not scientific at all but just a thought.

Zock the t3 rush meta that is going on at the moment is currently detrimental to enjoyment. I'm sure I speak for many people when I say this and so the t3 rush nerf needs to have more priority I think.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby IceDreamer » 06 Feb 2017, 20:25

While we're considering the problems of the game's progression from T1 -> T2 -> T3, I'd like to make sure something is taken into account.

Conventional thinking is that T3 needs to be nerfed to bring it more down to T2, allowing T2 more time on the field.
Conversely, must it not also be considered an option to buff T2 across the board, bringing it closer to T3 and further from T1, and keeping the T1/T3 interaction (Which I personally think is balanced correctly) the same?

The land war is an issue here, but the BIG one for me is Air... People complain about T3 Land rush recently, but T3 Air rush has been a staple since GPG, because ASFs are simply unrivalled. Is it time to consider pushing T2 Air's power (And cost) very sharply upwards, to give them a chance? Oh, and while we're at that, buff the Sera Gunship to be T2.5.
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby keyser » 06 Feb 2017, 20:25

morax you won't be able to kite on 6515456 km like this on normal game though

and about T2 land, i really think it can be use effectively in lot of 10x10 map. The only issue is that T3 rush being too fast and too strong vs a T2 spam. But T2 is already at a good spot vs T1. No need to change the transition between T1 and T2.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 06 Feb 2017, 20:31

main problem with yotha is freindly fire ion storm after death. So its most likely to destroy own army first.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby PhilipJFry » 06 Feb 2017, 20:51

The main problem with the Ythotha is the firing pattern that allows it to waste a lot of dps.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby Morax » 06 Feb 2017, 20:55

IceDreamer wrote:While we're considering the problems of the game's progression from T1 -> T2 -> T3, I'd like to make sure something is taken into account.

Conventional thinking is that T3 needs to be nerfed to bring it more down to T2, allowing T2 more time on the field.
Conversely, must it not also be considered an option to buff T2 across the board, bringing it closer to T3 and further from T1, and keeping the T1/T3 interaction (Which I personally think is balanced correctly) the same?

The land war is an issue here, but the BIG one for me is Air... People complain about T3 Land rush recently, but T3 Air rush has been a staple since GPG, because ASFs are simply unrivalled. Is it time to consider pushing T2 Air's power (And cost) very sharply upwards, to give them a chance? Oh, and while we're at that, buff the Sera Gunship to be T2.5.

WRONG WRONG WRONG

Just increase cost and bt of the t3 hq and you give like 5-6 mins more life to t2 phase. That is ALL that needs to happen and the game will be much more enjoyable.

Stop over-complicating everything. t3 should wreck t2, as t2 should wreck t1. If you nerf it you will have to experiment forever.

stop obsessing over so many details at once. you guys fail at making good balance decisions that get reverted or meet resistance because you do too much.

Kalvirox, gorton, blodir, blackheart, etc have left because of your theoretical decisions. get real and cut the crap out.

M&M Discord Channel

Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion