Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Balance Patch 3674 Feedback Thread

Postby Nepty » 06 Feb 2017, 10:15

Viba wrote:Revert hp changes.

Blodir wrote:revert hp changes, i thought just about everyone was against them when we last discussed it...

NO...

JoonasTo wrote:Give cybran buildings proper regen, all of them.

I agree. Shouldn't take 12 minutes for a t1 power plant to self repair from 1 HP. An incredibly crappy self repair wasn't my idea when I presented it. I wanted it to be useful. Around 3 or 5 minutes. Cybran are like the Borg. Cybernetic nanobots repair damaged structures automatically. We must justify the low HP buildings.

In its current state it's about as useful as a megalith AA gun... :|

(way to go Zock. Why didn't you go with my stealth power plants idea? Natural radar stealth for all cybran power generators.)
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby angus000 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:44

I like the changes but...

Id like Zock to explain why does he think that having buildings regenerate in 10 mins is more useful than not having any regenaration at all. To begin with, regeneration is like repairing, it has little to no usefulness, except is free. If we want it to be a new game mechanic, it at least has to be of some use.

Also, why not have Seraphim be the one with extra toughness? I never got why the more advanced alien technology is always inferior in almost all aspects. Their buildings being tougher would at least make sense and to be honest they need it more than UEF. Like someone said, they are usually pretty tanky and also could use some buff in their late game (aside from the improvements for the Ithotha). They could actually be in the spot they deserve in regards of balance with both buffs.
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby ZLO_RD » 06 Feb 2017, 12:30

angus000 wrote:I never got why the more advanced alien technology is always inferior in almost all aspects. Their buildings being tougher would at least make sense and to be honest they need it more than UEF.

i thought it always was more like: UEF simple and tought, sera and aeon are more fancy so they are less tought, cybran is now weak cause we can't just stop nerfing them.
that is what i thought.... but i was checking database very long time ago, and it looked more like units with one specific purpose had more HP than units with more abilities... like Cybran and Sera battleships have less hp cause they have aa, torps, tmd, radar, sonar and maybe even more useless things (for cyb)/ nuke (for sera)
but i guess it is up to balance team to decide with faction is supposed to be more tought and witch supposed to be weaker but fancyer.
Edit: idk what is reason behind hp changes, probably just to nerf cybran and make eco sniping to be better option (and HQ sniping)
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Mad`Mozart » 06 Feb 2017, 12:47

Is this the right place to cry about t2 land being nonexistent?
Mad`Mozart
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Zock » 06 Feb 2017, 13:34

Id like Zock to explain why does he think that having buildings regenerate in 10 mins is more useful than not having any regenaration at all. To begin with, regeneration is like repairing, it has little to no usefulness, except is free. If we want it to be a new game mechanic, it at least has to be of some use.

Obviously any amount of regen is better than zero. But yes, the real advantage is extremely marginal, even with bigger values I don't think any amount of regen can add enough advantage to the faction as the hp nerfs remove. So if cybran turns out too weak from the changes, buffing regen can be done, but I believe other buffs will be in order too, optimally buffs that enhance the factions strengths to support the whole point of the changes, which is diversity.

The regen wasn't really my idea, I don't think it's bad, but it's not there to be an equal compensation for the HP nerfs or an important game mechanic, I don't think that can be done in a good way. It's just a gimmick. The values are set conservatively,let's say a 100% increase is not incredible unlikely, but we wanted to observe the impact of the changes first. And it's not up to me to decide anymore now.

Nerfing t3 was one of my major goals from the beginning, with all the problems surrounding balance I wasn't able to accomplish it, but the whole patch is about halfway done and as far as I understood is still planned to be the next patch. Helping with it might be more productive than crying. :P
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby ZeRen » 06 Feb 2017, 17:34

so after this huge Cybran nerfs I think could be fair to finally give Cybran ED4 as T3 shield

best would be to separate it to T2 and T3, Cyb T2 would be ED1>ED2>ED3 (this stay same) and T3 would be ED4>ED5 (but cheaper so it actually worth to build), ED4 would be possible to build as T3

PLEASE REMOVE THE UPGRADE ANNOYANCE

and balance T3 static arty, different range is unfair and make (especially) Cybran arty worthless
ZeRen
Evaluator

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 49 times
FAF User Name: ZeRen

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 06 Feb 2017, 17:53

So to the feedback:

- why is jagged post it while zock is balance cancerlor ?
- hp changes, why should uef have 50% more hp as cybran? For what they should have this buff? Alredy its far most played faction, UEF is new cybran, and this buff them even more, whiteout any logical reason, so whats that reason?
-- to regeneration, even when its neraly neglect, still can cause problem as when damage something and then must doubt how much hp it should regenerate until next salvo. Already its probably ok, while we probably dont have weapon that colide with numbers, but on future this is big warning of future problems.
--- dont understand why its only on some building and not in all, its unlogical that mex and wall can regenerate and pd, air staging, radar.... not. Why make half done job when realse it?
- Yotha, damn, seriously? This is like joke. Main problem with Yotha definitly isnt 45range when experimenta use 45r as patern. Yotha have total diferent and bigger problems as lacking +2range.
- what is this patch trying to solve and improve? While did we have problem with uef be too weak while we bufing them as this?

If i leave aside this points, patch is oweral good.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby biass » 06 Feb 2017, 18:13

Good luck JaggedAppliance. :lol: :mrgreen: :roll:
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby angus000 » 06 Feb 2017, 18:43

Zock wrote:
Spoiler: show

Obviously any amount of regen is better than zero. But yes, the real advantage is extremely marginal, even with bigger values I don't think any amount of regen can add enough advantage to the faction as the hp nerfs remove. So if cybran turns out too weak from the changes, buffing regen can be done, but I believe other buffs will be in order too, optimally buffs that enhance the factions strengths to support the whole point of the changes, which is diversity.

The regen wasn't really my idea, I don't think it's bad, but it's not there to be an equal compensation for the HP nerfs or an important game mechanic, I don't think that can be done in a good way. It's just a gimmick. The values are set conservatively,let's say a 100% increase is not incredible unlikely, but we wanted to observe the impact of the changes first. And it's not up to me to decide anymore now.

Nerfing t3 was one of my major goals from the beginning, with all the problems surrounding balance I wasn't able to accomplish it, but the whole patch is about halfway done and as far as I understood is still planned to be the next patch. Helping with it might be more productive than crying. :P

Thanks for replying Zock, I really appreciate it. It's a shame you're not the balance councilor anymore; I really liked your job.

Also, congratulations to JaggedAppliance for becoming the new BC. I'm sure you can do just as good a job as Zock was doing (with your collaboration anyway).
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby JaggedAppliance » 06 Feb 2017, 18:58

Ithilis_Quo wrote:So to the feedback:

- why is jagged post it while zock is balance cancerlor ?
- hp changes, why should uef have 50% more hp as cybran? For what they should have this buff? Alredy its far most played faction, UEF is new cybran, and this buff them even more, whiteout any logical reason, so whats that reason?
-- to regeneration, even when its neraly neglect, still can cause problem as when damage something and then must doubt how much hp it should regenerate until next salvo. Already its probably ok, while we probably dont have weapon that colide with numbers, but on future this is big warning of future problems.
--- dont understand why its only on some building and not in all, its unlogical that mex and wall can regenerate and pd, air staging, radar.... not. Why make half done job when realse it?
- Yotha, damn, seriously? This is like joke. Main problem with Yotha definitly isnt 45range when experimenta use 45r as patern. Yotha have total diferent and bigger problems as lacking +2range.
- what is this patch trying to solve and improve? While did we have problem with uef be too weak while we bufing them as this?

If i leave aside this points, patch is oweral good.

- I am now the balance councilor.
- The hp changes should be considered first in terms of creating more options and interesting gameplay differences between factions, secondarily we have the faction balance concerns which can be addressed if we are happy with the general impact on gameplay of these changes.
- I agree with your concerns concerning regen, the new balance team which will be announced soon™ will be looking at this latest patch closely.
- I'd like to hear what you think the main problems are with the Ythotha.
- Again, the focus of this patch was not factional balance per se, future patches will focus more on factional balance.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion