Phelom is back

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Phelom is back

Postby Phelom » 04 Sep 2016, 02:08

Hi Commanders

After a long discussion with High Balance authority(ies), i've decided to allow myself play this shit balance patch and try to see what i've missed, give a chance to the patch and try to, if possible, see if the t1 bomber/maa is a good balance.

this does not mean that i've changed my original opinion, but it's good to melt fun, tests and debates

so, comon comon... u'll not stop the UEF... ;)
Phelom

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 25 times
FAF User Name: Phelom/Gurzil

Re: Phelom is back

Postby speed2 » 04 Sep 2016, 08:56

If you really were a UEF player you would not give a single f*** about any bomber changes cause you had UEF bomber available, or Janus....
And since Sparky or Percy didn't get nerfed it was a good patch in the eyes of a UEF player.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Iszh » 04 Sep 2016, 09:38

In fact it was a very good patch for uef. Later t2 means for uef they can enjoy a bit longer t1 strength. Uef t1 bomber is the most deadly against t1 units since no other t1 bomber can kill enemy tanks with a single pass. UEF cant be killed with 1 attack. Aeon bombers even need 2 attacks to kill a lobo now. I think against aeon could be a solution to get more t1 arti and more micro. Everything looks fine not to say great for me so far. And i didnt suffer from t2 acu nerf at all at least in 1v1. Teamgames i didnt really have so far.

And very nice to hear that you play again phelom because we need you ;)
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby NapSpan » 04 Sep 2016, 11:36

Well...now I have to learn how to kill Aeon with my T1 tech since I basically built mongooses by tons since start...but its ok.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby Hawkei » 04 Sep 2016, 15:43

NapSpan wrote:Well...now I have to learn how to kill Aeon with my T1 tech since I basically built mongooses by tons since start...but its ok.

Dude, killing Aurora is easy. All you need to do is make sure that you have more Strikers and then "bum rush" him. Basically, you send your Strikers on a suicide mission, but, if they can make favourable trades in Aurora you can still come out on top. The only problem is when you allow the Aeon to accumulate large numbers of Aurora - and this is where the Shockers really come into their own... Especially with the new changes, Shockers are deadly against Aurora now.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby biass » 04 Sep 2016, 15:45

Hawkei wrote:
NapSpan wrote:Well...now I have to learn how to kill Aeon with my T1 tech since I basically built mongooses by tons since start...but its ok.

Dude, killing Aurora is easy. All you need to do is make sure that you have more Strikers and then "bum rush" him. Basically, you send your Strikers on a suicide mission, but, if they can make favourable trades in Aurora you can still come out on top. The only problem is when you allow the Aeon to accumulate large numbers of Aurora - and this is where the Shockers really come into their own... Especially with the new changes, Shockers are deadly against Aurora now.

Or in the off chance you're playing someone who doesn't micro aurora properly ^.^
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby TheKoopa » 04 Sep 2016, 15:48

Hawkei wrote:

Ok, 1) Shockers?
2) You try to attack aurora and you get raped, end of story
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Hawkei » 04 Sep 2016, 15:53

biass wrote:Or in the off chance you're playing someone who doesn't micro aurora properly ^.^

Aurora ain't the only units which can be microed. Usually, doing a little zig-zag dance as you close in on the Aurora is all that is required. Also, distractions, pins, pincers, and advancing behind terrain also work. It can be tricky sometimes, but, I usually don't have much difficulty with this.

Edit:
Ok, 1) Shockers?
2) You try to attack aurora and you get raped, end of story

1) Shocker = UEF T1 Bomber. You know what those are right?
2) I'm only speaking from my own personal experience - and I haven't had any great issues. Yes I will loose a battle from time to time, but will usually dish out at least as much punishment (if not more) against Aeon. Going up against Aeon or Seraphim, as UEF, in the T1 phase is when I feel most confident.
Last edited by Hawkei on 04 Sep 2016, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy

Postby biass » 04 Sep 2016, 15:55

Hawkei wrote:
biass wrote:Or in the off chance you're playing someone who doesn't micro aurora properly ^.^

Aurora ain't the only units which can be microed. Usually, doing a little zig-zag dance as you close in on the Aurora is all that is required. Also, distractions, pins, pincers, and advancing behind terrain also work. It can be tricky sometimes, but, I usually don't have much difficulty with this.

i know about zigzagging to dodge shots
but you can do some nice micro to dodge shots hella easy with aurora too

but who cares anyways now you have nice bombers just go air only xD
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Hawkei » 04 Sep 2016, 16:01

biass wrote:
Hawkei wrote:

i know about zigzagging to dodge shots
but you can do some nice micro to dodge shots hella easy with aurora too

but who cares anyways now you have nice bombers just go air only xD

With Striker vs. Aurora I don't just close to firing range. I close to point blank range. Your Aurora dodging skills will do you no good at those ranges. I find this tactic works best with smaller groups of units. Best suited to early game aggression with multiple simultaneous attacks between small groups of units. The other advantage of multiple simultaneous attacks is that it is far more micro intensive for the Aeon player. Because you can't micro three separate armies simultaneously. Whereas all I need to do is issue 3 move orders... The answer for UEF vs. Aeon T1 is to turn the battle into a macro oriented one. You will find Aeon far less effective then.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Balance Discussion