The Definitive Thread on Balance Patch Discussion

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: The Definitive Thread on Balance Patch Discussion

Postby GrilledChicken » 05 Sep 2016, 17:14

I didn't read everything. But i am sorta confused about whether you want to nerf or increase the ACU hitpoints. We can't just patch the game in such a way that it increases your own HP while decreasing the enemey HP. You have to make up your mind.
Regarding the aurora. The idea of altering the Damage of a unit due to being on water sounds stupid. The speed changes on water are due to it being a hovertank that treats different territory differently. Either change the aurora as a whole or leave it as a whole. We don't need any +10% damage under a full moon or -30% damage if the enemey holds a cross at you while shouting "The power of christ compels you!"
By the way, the aurora is not only weaker than other factions tanks because it can hover. Hovering is a nice thing but its just a bonus. The aurora has as much range as a T1 pd, it can outrange other T1 tanks and ACUs, it can dodge sideways. Whether the aurora is well balanced or not on land is a whole different discussion that i think mainly ladder players should concern themselves with.
Why not compare the aurora to the other factions T1 hovertank. Oh. Doesn't work so well, does it? If you make land units equally powerful as naval units there is no point in building them. It is many times easier to get auroras or to spam them compared to navy. How is your enemey supposed to kill an aurora spam on water if frigates are weaker against aurora. You can also try to use T2 Hovertanks to push out navy. They are a bit more powerful since they require more tech investment. Or you can try to overcharge frigates if they get close enough. But demanding that aeon get an easy way out of getting beaten in early navy while other factions don't have any way aeon hasn't got as well at T1 sounds a bit spoiled.
GrilledChicken
Crusader

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: GrilledChicken

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion