Comm Pushes Are in the Past FYI

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Comm Pushes Are in the Past FYI

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 01:07

LichKing2033 wrote:Destructor, unfortunately your points is not 100% correct. I had done several com pushes, I regen decently fast. If I need higher regen I kill more, not get T2 because gun > T2 on 10x10 and 5x5. Since those compose 90% of my matches, I get T2 only after gun for the extra bit of HP that I will need while facing enemy T2 land.

Maybe is your way to play. FA is good to allow soo many kind of styles. U know that.
I'm really SAD when they try to force everyone to play at same way.
Usually i like to make T2 with engies, soo i can up gun very fast, and don't need engies to up GUN. MY CHOICE...
And with that kind of regen status at t2, and veterancy, we was able to make constant attacks...
Move foward, move back, move foward to kill that 2 units to get veterancy and regen more, soo back again.
WAS BEAUTIFULL...

Now, we make a firebase.
Send ACU to main base to be an engeener.
Forced to make MML to kill firebases.
And wait long times with any battle even on team games.
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Postby ZLO_RD » 02 Sep 2016, 07:14

Destructor wrote:
LichKing2033 wrote:Destructor, unfortunately your points is not 100% correct. I had done several com pushes, I regen decently fast. If I need higher regen I kill more, not get T2 because gun > T2 on 10x10 and 5x5. Since those compose 90% of my matches, I get T2 only after gun for the extra bit of HP that I will need while facing enemy T2 land.

Maybe is your way to play. FA is good to allow soo many kind of styles. U know that.
I'm really SAD when they try to force everyone to play at same way.
Usually i like to make T2 with engies, soo i can up gun very fast, and don't need engies to up GUN. MY CHOICE...
And with that kind of regen status at t2, and veterancy, we was able to make constant attacks...
Move foward, move back, move foward to kill that 2 units to get veterancy and regen more, soo back again.
WAS BEAUTIFULL...

Now, we make a firebase.
Send ACU to main base to be an engeener.
Forced to make MML to kill firebases.
And wait long times with any battle even on team games.

the problem is that t2+gun coms are super strong, and there are only 2 ways to counter it, do it yourself, or just make t2 pds.
so you endup with situation where everyone just gest t2 suit, always.
Cybran would choose t2 pds more often cause their comander sucks in combat
Aeon can use double gun com but their tanks are to vunerable to overcharge, so it would be annoyng for them to then them fight against acu in low numbers. and against aeon double gun other factions will probably just pd creep with t2 ACU.

we nerfed t2 with hope that you will figure out that you can do gun+units instead of t2+ somethings :(
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Mel_Gibson » 02 Sep 2016, 08:05

ZLO_RD wrote:we nerfed t2 with hope that you will figure out that you can do gun+units instead of t2+ somethings :(

I don't like the patch but i'm starting to feel zock is getting too much stick because people are looking at how the patch affects they way they try to play now rather than how they could play. The prospect of watching people that don't adapt getting caught with their pants down by those that can abuse the old meta is almost starting to make me like the patch :?
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby biass » 02 Sep 2016, 08:08

Swol wrote:
ZLO_RD wrote:we nerfed t2 with hope that you will figure out that you can do gun+units instead of t2+ somethings :(

I don't like the patch but i'm starting to feel zock is getting too much stick because people are looking at how the patch affects they way they try to play now rather than how they could play. The prospect of watching people that don't adapt getting caught with their pants down by those that can abuse the old meta is almost starting to make me like the patch :?

That's balance for you

I'm kinda just glad something.. changed, i would get sick of the same game over and over and with a new patch comes people trying out some new strats
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Hawkei » 02 Sep 2016, 09:06

IMO that is something which one ought to cop some stick over. The essential nature of the game is that a lot of one's responses are learned through experience. You learn that X amount of units will kill you, but against Y amount you are safe. People learn to utilise their regen and now that it is taken off things have changed drastically. The game is fundamentally different in it's current state.

This goes beyond the parameters of a balance patch. It isn't making minor tweaks to change selected units it is pushing essential buttons which change the way the game is played. I'm sure I will adapt, but, there is a lot of unlearning to do.

To be fair, I love the bomber changes. I just think that the ACU changes were a little over done.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Mel_Gibson » 02 Sep 2016, 09:54

Hawkei wrote:This goes beyond the parameters of a balance patch....change the way the game is played.

Yeah, i agree, and this is why i don't like the patch, i don't want the game to change that much, seems some do. But to straight out of the gate say the patch is inherently bad because it's incompatible with the way i play now, which seems to be happening, is a bit harsh imo. But, irrelevant semantics...

FU zock! sack the patch!
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby Hawkei » 02 Sep 2016, 10:54

No it's not harsh. There are a series of predefined objectives and the problem is that the game was very will balanced in it's former state. By doing on with all this experimenting and "Oh lets see what happens when you do this" you risk breaking the game balance.

So implementing a balance mod ought to be something like scratching an itch. You feel better when someone does it, it hardly changes what you're doing, and you go about your business with the exception that some minor thing is now gone... But when it starts turning your world upside down then that is going too far.

... and worst of all, no one on the balance team is listening to feedback or doing anything about it. (and this is precisely why I didn't bother doing more balance testing). I'm not going to waste my time if no one is going to listen.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby NapSpan » 02 Sep 2016, 11:06

Hawkei wrote:No it's not harsh. There are a series of predefined objectives and the problem is that the game was very will balanced in it's former state. By doing on with all this experimenting and "Oh lets see what happens when you do this" you risk breaking the game balance.

So implementing a balance mod ought to be something like scratching an itch. You feel better when someone does it, it hardly changes what you're doing, and you go about your business with the exception that some minor thing is now gone... But when it starts turning your world upside down then that is going too far.

... and worst of all, no one on the balance team is listening to feedback or doing anything about it. (and this is precisely why I didn't bother doing more balance testing). I'm not going to waste my time if no one is going to listen.

My best hopes are with all of us having a list of things that failed in the patch and Zock listening to us after some days patch is implemented, anyway balance should have some kind of council with people with different styles and playing races who search for inbalance shit and talk about how to fix it rather than now, we have one king and some advisors...

Anyway i waked up right now, maybe I,m ranting XD
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby Petricpwnz » 02 Sep 2016, 11:17

Honestly there are points I highly dislike about the patch but after reading all those balance threads and chat discussions for several days I swear I wouldn't be able to blame Zock if he just starts to ignore all the complaints.
Blackheart wrote:actually i love lolis and want petry to be my waifu

Scientifically proving that Blackheart is a weeb - https://imgur.com/a/J436c | https://clips.twitch.tv/AssiduousAverageOxMikeHogu

Best meme of 2017 - https://puu.sh/yLsvH/abbf54eb99.mp4
Petricpwnz
Priest

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 473 times
FAF User Name: Fremy_Speeddraw

Postby Zock » 02 Sep 2016, 11:37

Petricpwnz wrote:Honestly there are points I highly dislike about the patch but after reading all those balance threads and chat discussions for several days I swear I wouldn't be able to blame Zock if he just starts to ignore all the complaints.

<3

I'll probably stop listening to people who claim i don't listen to them in the future :mrgreen:

It'll free more of my time to answer the people who are interested to help rather than complaining.This balance patch was also a try how much explaining, time and effort is useful and reasonable for me to put into discussing and explaining the changes, or if this time would be rather used elsewhere.

But jokes aside, some fun facts to the people who say i don't listen to anyone (though i have the feeling you won't listen to me anyway, isn't that ironic?):
Almost all of the changes in the patch were not proposed by me, but others.
Most of the changes got adjusted after feedback from others.
Not listening to you doesn't mean i am not listening to anyone.
Not agreeing with you, is not equal to not listening to you.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion