SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Re: The New Patch

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 01 Sep 2016, 01:18

After some analysis of T1 bombers I came to the following conclusions:

1) OK, keep the bomber radar-less.
2) keep their better bomb drop and all the flihgt changes you made. Those are good.
3) Nerf Cybran T1 MAA. It has been buffed along with other MAAs but realize, please, that it almost never misses, unlike other MAA. So return its DPS to the previous value.
4) Restore the previous cost of the bomber (80 M, 2250 E, 500 BT). No reason to make them more expensive when the counter to them is better.
5) With some micro, it is feasible for 1st bomber to dodge MAA shots (I microed UEF bomber vs. Seraphim MAA in a teamgame, it lived to have 2nd vet, I think, because the guy I was bombing did not go for inties and his team did not send theirs)
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Destructor » 01 Sep 2016, 05:34

Back last ACU STATS...
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Postby RealityCheck » 01 Sep 2016, 12:01

LichKing2033 wrote:4) Restore the previous cost of the bomber (80 M, 2250 E, 500 BT). No reason to make them more expensive when the counter to them is better.

Is it possible to introduce some upgrade or research button, that returns bomber price and build time to their previous levels? So that the early bomber is still expensive but after the first 5-10 minutes you are able to build more bombers and use them vs land units. I think some intensive air land battles would be cool.
RealityCheck

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times
FAF User Name: RealityCheck

Postby PhilipJFry » 01 Sep 2016, 12:05

LichKing2033 wrote:After some analysis of T1 bombers I came to the following conclusions:

2) keep their better bomb drop and all the flihgt changes you made. Those are good.
3) Nerf Cybran T1 MAA. It has been buffed along with other MAAs but realize, please, that it almost never misses, unlike other MAA. So return its DPS to the previous value.
4) Restore the previous cost of the bomber (80 M, 2250 E, 500 BT). No reason to make them more expensive when the counter to them is better.
5) With some micro, it is feasible for 1st bomber to dodge MAA shots (I microed UEF bomber vs. Seraphim MAA in a teamgame, it lived to have 2nd vet, I think, because the guy I was bombing did not go for inties and his team did not send theirs)

3) cybran t1 maa has a low velocity speed so it can't really shoot down scouts you should keep that in mind.
4) increasing the bomber cost was part of the 1st bomber nerf removing it would be a bad idea considering that 1st bomber nerf was intended.
5)pics or it didn't happen
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby NapSpan » 01 Sep 2016, 12:28

PhilipJFry wrote:
LichKing2033 wrote:After some analysis of T1 bombers I came to the following conclusions:

3) cybran t1 maa has a low velocity speed so it can't really shoot down scouts you should keep that in mind.
4) increasing the bomber cost was part of the 1st bomber nerf removing it would be a bad idea considering that 1st bomber nerf was intended.
5)pics or it didn't happen

This can be done having original costs but keeping the increased BT, if bombers take more time to be built, they cant go out early anymore (you can assist them, but engies take time to be build anyway), so no more early bomber.

After all, this is the objective of the patch, right? change things and see how they work now to fix them better in next patch.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby biass » 01 Sep 2016, 12:30

but late t1 bombers)
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby PhilipJFry » 01 Sep 2016, 12:35

NapSpan wrote:This can be done having original costs but keeping the increased BT, if bombers take more time to be built, they cant go out early anymore (you can assist them, but engies take time to be build anyway), so no more early bomber.

After all, this is the objective of the patch, right? change things and see how they work now to fix them better in next patch.

You can support the air factory with your ACU as well. No need to get an engi before that
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby NapSpan » 01 Sep 2016, 13:26

PhilipJFry wrote:
NapSpan wrote:This can be done having original costs but keeping the increased BT, if bombers take more time to be built, they cant go out early anymore (you can assist them, but engies take time to be build anyway), so no more early bomber.

You can support the air factory with your ACU as well. No need to get an engi before that

Sure, but then you will eat shit in both fronts, some maa can take down that early bomber so ACU from one side and some tanks in the other one and you are screwed, I dont know why we have to nerf early bomber since is like scream "kill me" but hey, balance.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 01:42

I really aprecciate when they make changes to improve the game and set the game more options, diversity, and different kind of strategies.

LOOOOOOVED HQs... XP balances... T3 mobile AA... Auroras movement... Like when i read that t1 bombers are more smart, turn better, hit better... Sooo, they take his radar

All to make game more agressive and with constant battles, with any period of time without battle.
It's the reason because this game is soo beautifull. U are not to forced to make unique choices or upgrades.

U can finish the game with t1 acu... To save mass to upgrade mexes or RAS.
U can finish the game without RAS...
With any single air unit on some team games...
Now... u are forced to early radar because bombers can't see units anymore, forced to make firebases, forced to make MML, forced to make ACU regen or Shield, Forced to use your acu like an Engeener, Forced to use ACU FIGTHER just after u make regen or shield, and forced to make defenses because is better save mass to jump t3.
---------
THEY FUCKED THE GAME TO ME...
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion