The New Patch

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: The New Patch

Postby keyser » 30 Aug 2016, 19:38

1) Zock doing the polar opposite of what we agreed should be done next with the balance patch: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10692

Explain your selfish actions, Zock, not mock people for their opinions.

he already answered you about this on an other topic.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Kalvirox » 30 Aug 2016, 19:51

IceDreamer wrote:Trouble is, it was a LOT of work, and the community wanted more immediate fixes, so they decided to do a bit of an interim patch (This one).
At least... I think so?

Um, this is probably a silly question. But why don't you significantly reduce the amount of stuff you put in each of the patches?
That way people can still have their "quick fixes" over a period of time, whilst also allowing for any problems that the previous patch to have caused to only exist for a small amount of time?

I get that this was a big balance patch, but why did we need to bring it out as one massive patch anyway? Why couldn't we have brought it out in bite-sized chunks?
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby Morax » 30 Aug 2016, 20:01

Petricpwnz wrote:
Mephi wrote:im kinda curious, if everybody, who is going crazy about the changes, has a plan b, if zock is sick of all this shit here and stops the work on balance :mrgreen:

#Petreich, #Heartler, #Equilibrium etc. etc.

I'm kind of ready to start playing equilibrium exclusively. I think this balance patch release may be the fuel it finally needs to get attention it deserves.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby Zock » 30 Aug 2016, 20:06

Morax wrote:
Zock wrote:Not sure what's left to say here, gonna give a reply anyway

1) good observation
2) I'm with you
3) err..what? it made sense until now, but this?
4) alright, back to facts, I concur. Fun fact: We had votes about all balance changes of a patch once, it was quite the disaster, as one would expect.
5) unfortunate, but still true indeed. As for every patch that was and will be done for any game by the way.
6) thank you very much. But if the job description would've been to make only changes that everyone agrees to, and then poll them, I'd probably have declined and suggested an experienced fairy tale writer instead.

Hope you other guys like the patch, we worked quite hard on it. See you on the battlefield :)

1) Zock doing the polar opposite of what we agreed should be done next with the balance patch: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=10692

Explain your selfish actions, Zock, not mock people for their opinions.

I already answered it the last time you asked, but i wonder for what it's worth if you apparently haven't read it and all you gonna do for it is insult me. Not a great way to get more answers, really. But here is my last answer (in either meaning) again for you:

Zock wrote:About the t3 issue and the vote from last year
Do we really want to ignore this?
:

Most certainly not, we were working on the t3 patch since last year, and it is halfway done and will come after this patch. The current patch just got moved in between, it was never intended to take so long, but things happen as we know. But after all the lack of progress (its been a year since the last balance patch..) and the server issue its probably nice to have some smaller patch now, rather then waiting more months for the t3 patch (and it will take its time). But it is definitely still in work and will come. That is also the reason why loyalists, titans and harbs are not touched yet.

I get that this was a big balance patch, but why did we need to bring it out as one massive patch anyway? Why couldn't we have brought it out in bite-sized chunks?

I assume you are talking about the t3 patch. The difficulty and complexity lies in balance being too connected with each other. If we nerf t3 in a bite-sized change, t4, SCUs and potentially more things would become way too strong if left untouched. If we nerf the EXP buildtime without changing t3, we'll have to do quite some rebalancing work, which would be possible. But then we'd have to do all this work again, when t3 gets nerfed..so rather do it once, and together.

This case of changes is more extreme, usually it is possible to seperate changes more from each other (I was considering to split this patch into 3 instead of 2 parts too - absolutelty possible, but the changes are ready, there isnt really any reason to wait).

Aside from the big upcoming t3 patch, it is and always was planned to release smaller patches more frequently, and now where the technical and organization structure is settling down, we can hopefully make it happen. Depending on how long the t3 patch takes, there might be more smaller patches inbetween, as i am absolutely against rushing such big changes and will give them as much time as they need to get ready, but that doesnt mean there cant be some progress on smaller issues along the way.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Morax » 30 Aug 2016, 20:11

Stop writing books, please.

Plain and simple: why release a patch prematurely in this fashion? The last answer I recall you gave was "it will take forever to release."

Then so be it, take as much time as needed to test and determine the proper balance. Now we have to deal with broken gameplay for the next god-knows-how-long.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby angus000 » 30 Aug 2016, 20:45

Morax wrote:Stop writing books, please.

Plain and simple: why release a patch prematurely in this fashion? The last answer I recall you gave was "it will take forever to release."

Then so be it, take as much time as needed to test and determine the proper balance. Now we have to deal with broken gameplay for the next god-knows-how-long.

You ask for an answer then say "stop writing books"? You don't even say what is so wrong about this patch. Are you trolling or what?
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby Destructor » 30 Aug 2016, 20:54

I understand other balance changes of the game, they still allow to make diferent kind of strategies. But NERF ACU??? It's INSANE!!

These NERFs on ACUS, the game force me to be on the main base, and if i can repair my acu, i need to force to make nano repair.
Now... T3 ACUS need 20 fkg minutes to fill his HP,
20 MINUTES
Both sides of the war use their acus to make JUST ONE attack on the front, and need to back to main base to wait the whole game repairing herself.

ACUS always was a special force on the game, SINCE TOTAL ANNIHILATION, u can use them to be a figther taking a lot of risks while u need to be smart to control your main base at same time, or can be an engeener with huge ammount of Build Power.
When u was got hited, we upgrade to T2 and T3 to get more HP and Regen.
How many times the game make a huge turnovers because the player know when he need to retreat, upgrade gun, and attack again using his ACU.

But now, he is completly unless, SIMCITY players and Xperimental RACERS LOVE IT!!!
u regen at same rate at t2 or t3 forcing the game to be turtle, play with firebase war (extremely boring), or some racing to make XPERIMENTAL first than your enemy.

Now u are forced to build any T2 unit... Built a couple of PDT2 and PDT1 in the middle of map... Retreat ACU, make RAS allocator and play just like that.
If they are sending bombers on u, u spent much more time to build shields.
And NO WORRY... he will be with low HP even with several minutes of the game.

------------------------------
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Postby angus000 » 30 Aug 2016, 21:07

Having a low hp acu means you can't attack, but also you can't use it to defend. It goes both ways, you know? And all of this is only true for Seraphim, I already said it in other post.
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby Exotic_Retard » 30 Aug 2016, 21:18

in light of:

We are fixing Aeon TMD so its no longer possible to shoot missiles over it and hit targets behind the TMD. Thanks to Exotic_Retard for the code for this.

Special thanks to Keyser and JaggedAppliance for creating the balance test mod and their contribution to the balance team, Icedreamer and Exotic_Retard for assisting with coding and to the whole balance testing team for alpha testing all changes.

Special thanks to exotic retard and the Equilibrium mod for helping with the code for this.

i would rather those retards are replaced with equilibrium but eh xD (yes we know you cringe at having to admit to us being right)

anyway:

for this reason i support the release of this patch, and dont worry if you fucked up everything else, its all the more reason to play equilibrium, keep it up zock <3
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 30 Aug 2016, 21:34

Spoiler: show
Ein volk, Ein FAF, ein Ithilis, Heil Equilibrium!
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion