Do you like the patch overall, yes or no

yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes : 75

Re: Do you like the patch overall, yes or no

Postby edizon » 08 Sep 2016, 17:47

well,i agree with him too.and my overall opinion is to retouch the gameplay in this depth ,is just not right.
edizon
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: edizon

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 09 Sep 2016, 02:06

UEF's nano and Seraphim Gun were fixed in my mod. Replay showing the effectiveness of the UEF Nano is attached, sera replay coming soonTM
Spoiler: show
No, it really is coming soon
Attachments
5130299-MarshalLichKing.fafreplay
Me vs. OddJoe test match
(126.89 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby dev_nulled » 11 Sep 2016, 02:28

Disappointing patch over all for us team game players.
  • ACU HP nurf is causing folks to turtle. By far, this is the biggest complaint. Perhaps 1v1 ladder works out differently - never tried it - but this makes com forward a dangerous proposition. I'm seeing folks turtle more then they use to, which is just not fun.
  • Com drops are still viable. The lack of HP on both coms balance out. Not sure if that was one of the items they were trying to 'fix', but just makes it a bit riskier.
  • T1 bombers are worthless in larger maps. Interceptors make quick work of them for early 20x20 sized maps. The bombs do work better, but they just don't get a second or third pass in. Too spendy for what you get.
  • Still seeing a bit of hover bomb type activity. If that is what we were trying to stop, might be worth making it a bannable thing. (Rather than just something someone with good micro can pull off)
  • The TML reduction on cybran is just retarded. 4 shots go fast, and then you end up spending a bunch of time trying to load. Sure reduced the likelihood of folks getting sniped. By the time they see the missiles, you reload, they have TMD up. Don't know who asked for this... It did make sense to reduce the sera magazine from 20. Instead of folks 'wasting' mass on unused tacs, they end up wasting mass on multiple launchers to make up for the small capacity.
  • No real impact with the stealth power requirements. You see folks ask for a second transport now that beetles are t2 sized. A minor tweak/change, so won't hate on it just for the sake of change.
  • The extra HP on T1 arty does make a difference. Taking 3 shots vs 2 really makes the paper com in deep weeds if they don't have OC.
  • I like the T3 bomber tweak. Nice factional difference, does not seem to overpower anything.
  • Seeing t1 drops of cybran T1 AA, used for ground fire. LOL. The auto toggle works nicely.
  • Aeon is now a perimeter com. Holy smokes is the vision huge. Costs were not too bad before, now silly cheap. The maps I play use it quite often. The vision radius is too large, I think.
  • Cost increase on the scathis was fine. Less so the range change. On 20x20 maps, the old range was about perfect. Gimped.
  • HQ/commander cost changes - just getting use to the new meta on it. Can't say it changes much on team games at this point.
  • Cybran destroyers no longer wreck air. I'm good with this change. Makes cruisers important. Auto switching is very nice.
  • Holy smokes to T2 arty go up fast. Very easy to set up a firebase. I'm OK with this.

Not sure if it a patch thing - but WTF with TheSetoner bot? Some might consider it funny, some tasteless - but regardless - it is spamming up aeolus with crap at best. In some cases, it pulls bits from this forum, more or less mocking the folks who took the time to provide feedback. Way to piss on the users. A real person talking smack, fine. Having a bot 'carefully, slowly and sensually undress dev_nulled'.. obviously some nine year old coder had way too much time on their hands. QAI bot had value, at least.
dev_nulled
Crusader

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: dev_nulled

Postby OmegaMan » 12 Sep 2016, 23:21

I agree with many on here, for team games the regen nerf makes the ACU way more risky to have up front.

Also, Now that the new patch removed the regen from t2/t3 build suite The ACU just CAN'T be repair if it gets damaged. it takes FOREVER. Can we please fix this? It makes the ACU a big liability if it gets damaged which makes offensive use very risky until LATE LATE game when the expensive upgrades can come into play. I get why the changes were made, but now ACU is glass cannon because each time you use it it's gonna take some hits and they add up over the game fast.. It makes the game a lot more static and defensive which IMHO is bad for gameplay.

I suggest increase the engineer repair rate for the ACU so you can repair it 1-2 mins with assist so it's about equal to the balance with the old regen. That way it can't dominate the field shrugging off damage.
OmegaMan
Crusader

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: OmegaMan

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 13 Sep 2016, 00:15

Does no one here vet up from combat?

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby Zock » 13 Sep 2016, 10:15

OmegaMan wrote:I agree with many on here, for team games the regen nerf makes the ACU way more risky to have up front.

Also, Now that the new patch removed the regen from t2/t3 build suite The ACU just CAN'T be repair if it gets damaged. it takes FOREVER. Can we please fix this? It makes the ACU a big liability if it gets damaged which makes offensive use very risky until LATE LATE game when the expensive upgrades can come into play. I get why the changes were made, but now ACU is glass cannon because each time you use it it's gonna take some hits and they add up over the game fast.. It makes the game a lot more static and defensive which IMHO is bad for gameplay.

I suggest increase the engineer repair rate for the ACU so you can repair it 1-2 mins with assist so it's about equal to the balance with the old regen. That way it can't dominate the field shrugging off damage.

Repairing ACU with engies was removed years ago because it was the cause for countless accidental eco stalls when you were just assisting your ACU with some engies and they would start to repair it. Don't think we want that back.

Some other upgrades will be cheaper in the next patch, which should go along well with your other points.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 13 Sep 2016, 14:50

Zock wrote:Repairing ACU with engies was removed years ago because it was the cause for countless accidental eco stalls when you were just assisting your ACU with some engies and they would start to repair it. Don't think we want that back.

And it was mistake. Problem is not accidental eco stall problem is price of ACU. When have acu normal price and not as experimental unit, accidental repair will not be problem because have hp on acu is all time good think.

Basicly you remove one game mechanism because dont know how to fix it.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby Apofenas » 13 Sep 2016, 15:35

LichKing2033 wrote:Does no one here vet up from combat?

You speak like +3 hp/sec from each vet is any comparable to +20 from T2...

Even 5 vets have less regen than pre-nerf T2. All that assuming you need to get 120 kills...

Not to mention that putting low-hp ACU at risk to get some veterancy and regen 9 minutes instead of 10 is not exactly a good idea.
BalanceVictim wrote:I tried it out, and yes, the anti-torpedo is a useful tool now. Sadly, the rest of the unit is still extremely weak compared to any other frig
Apofenas
Contributor

Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 180 times
FAF User Name: Apofenas

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 14 Sep 2016, 02:06

The instant HP from a veterancy is still here...

My mod:
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Postby Yakmann » 15 Sep 2016, 10:12

Question: Why do the Seraphim and Aeon structures have the same HP now? What's the reason behind removing the original hierarchy of structure hp, where Seraphim was lower than UEF but higher than Aeon? I feel like the jump from Aeon/Seraphim to UEF hp is now a bit too far, especially compared to Cybran below them.
Yakmann

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
FAF User Name: Yakmann

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion