yes
47%
no
53%

Total votes : 75

Re: Do you like the patch overall, yes or no

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 01:09

Nepty wrote:@Destructor

Use the ignore feature like me. I'm an expert at detecting people who bait and troll to the max. The moderators just don't give a crap. I already told them what I observed weeks ago, and I was right. You have every right to vent. Then they'll blame you for venting. Funny how that works.

Thx for it!!
I really waiting for logical arguments to nerf ACUs.
Destructor

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 24 times
FAF User Name: BRS_DESTRUCTOR

Postby Zoram » 02 Sep 2016, 01:52

Use the ignore feature like me. I'm an expert at detecting people who bait and troll to the max. The moderators just don't give a crap. I already told them what I observed weeks ago, and I was right. You have every right to vent. Then they'll blame you for venting. Funny how that works.

pot.jpg
pot.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
Zoram
Priest

Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 111 times
FAF User Name: zoram

Postby biass » 02 Sep 2016, 03:48

Pretty sensitive to me using !ladderrating in chat literally once, that's kinda sad (thank for the tool gieb)

I dont feel like arguing, you're so full of logical fallacy and just general insults since the beginning you've discredited any kind of consideration the balance/testing teams would have had towards your post, they might just get deleted soon by angry zorro anyways

Besides, i know the changes is a hard nerf to your very linear strategy of being almost suicidal with acu and whoring out veterancy health boost (which many people think is an utterly broken mechanic (fixed in eq, no?)) until you go back to base and upgrade t2 acu to regain all your lost health, which is pretty boring, seeing as i think acu hitpoints should be... valuable

Honestly the whole walking gun into pds thing might work out better for you now that the acu on the other end that made t2 first is weaker, but that doesn't fit your narrative

But anyways, sorry to Morax for making this shit continue, maybe if he asks nicely a moderator can clean up the trash because this thread was kinda good data grabbing :/

And if having a different opinion is the equivalent of trolling, we are truly in hell.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 04:23

Easy to fix that.
T2 should give u more HP POOL...
But not filled with HP.

To complete HP, u will spent time with that regen.
FIXED.
Destructor

Postby angus000 » 02 Sep 2016, 06:21

Well I like the idea of acus being more vulnerable, but the nerf may be too harsh to UEF and Sera.

Cybran and Aeon can't have a t2 guncom, so only their "engineer acu" was nerfed. However, UEF and Sera's guncom were (presumably) heavily affected: they have lost one of their advantages (and an strategic choice with that) with no compensation whatsoever (except the new uef nano, but it's pretty lame).

Now, I don't play UEF or Sera, but it's fun to have your ACU in the front lines. Sure, you've got shield and super nano, but you usually don't see those until late t2, so there is nothing offensive to upgrade in early t2 as there was T2 suit before. Maybe the uef could make use of the old nano upgrade now that t2 isn't much better.

I understand that the point of the hp nerf is to make commanders easier to kill, but EUF and Sera are supposed to have strong acus. EUF having a tough commander goes with their philosophy, so it could be made an exception with them and give them back the old nano (with adjusted cost if people still don't use it). As for Sera, we could adjust their super gun (that no one uses) so they can make it as t2 suit used to, giving them 100 more dps and 35 range (same as aeon rangecom), that way they are canon fodder, they still have a viable offensive strategy at t2, but still more vulnerable to damage as intended with this patch (it may be too op though).
angus000

Has liked: 111 times
Been liked: 39 times
FAF User Name: flexible

Postby NapSpan » 02 Sep 2016, 11:12

angus000 wrote:Well I like the idea of acus being more vulnerable, but the nerf may be too harsh to UEF and Sera.

Cybran and Aeon can't have a t2 guncom, so only their "engineer acu" was nerfed. However, UEF and Sera's guncom were (presumably) heavily affected: they have lost one of their advantages (and an strategic choice with that) with no compensation whatsoever (except the new uef nano, but it's pretty lame).

Now, I don't play UEF or Sera, but it's fun to have your ACU in the front lines. Sure, you've got shield and super nano, but you usually don't see those until late t2, so there is nothing offensive to upgrade in early t2 as there was T2 suit before. Maybe the uef could make use of the old nano upgrade now that t2 isn't much better.

I understand that the point of the hp nerf is to make commanders easier to kill, but EUF and Sera are supposed to have strong acus. EUF having a tough commander goes with their philosophy, so it could be made an exception with them and give them back the old nano (with adjusted cost if people still don't use it). As for Sera, we could adjust their super gun (that no one uses) so they can make it as t2 suit used to, giving them 100 more dps and 35 range (same as aeon rangecom), that way they are canon fodder, they still have a viable offensive strategy at t2, but still more vulnerable to damage as intended with this patch (it may be too op though).

Agree, the old nano is the good one, expensive and USEFULL, 20 regen bonus and nothing is pretty the same because takes to much time to repair ACU and in combat you want your ACU back to full life in short time, for that reason expensive nano is better.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby KeyBlue » 02 Sep 2016, 11:33

NapSpan wrote:Agree, the old nano is the good one, expensive and USEFULL, 20 regen bonus and nothing is pretty the same because takes to much time to repair ACU and in combat you want your ACU back to full life in short time, for that reason expensive nano is better.

According to FAF database, T2 gives 20/s regen bonus.

A bunch of people are screaming how fucked it is that there is no regen on T2 anymore.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=13028

But if 20/s is nothing anyway why do they bother?

Some theorycrafting and calculations.
Ideal situation: 2 players are completely equal except for NanoUpgrade that 1 player got trough some early advantage.
If they engage in ACU + units combat, each receiving the same amount of damage.
After 5min of such combat, the NanoUpgrade player has 6k extra hp.
That looks more than nothing to me.

This completely disregards comparison of other upgrades or uses of the mass, Which is necessary to find the relative value of the upgrade.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Postby Destructor » 02 Sep 2016, 17:17

[/quote]
According to FAF database, T2 gives 20/s regen bonus.
A bunch of people are screaming how fucked it is that there is no regen on T2 anymore.
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=13028
But if 20/s is nothing anyway why do they bother?

Some theorycrafting and calculations.
Ideal situation: 2 players are completely equal except for NanoUpgrade that 1 player got trough some early advantage.
If they engage in ACU + units combat, each receiving the same amount of damage.
After 5min of such combat, the NanoUpgrade player has 6k extra hp.
That looks more than nothing to me.

This completely disregards comparison of other upgrades or uses of the mass, Which is necessary to find the relative value of the upgrade.[/quote]

It's easy to know why.

10 T1 + 20 T2 = 30Hp/seg
with T3, u will be able to regen +70HP/seg, with any veterancy star.
UEF = 18000 with any kill. More 10%HP for each veterancy star and +5 Regen
28000 TOTAL.

It's mean if u are an wiselly player on the start, u are be able to counter some t3 units even an XP with low HP after late game. Or be protected with more HP to hold bombers t3, Artys T3, and other things.
Without these regens, ACU UEF must spent 20 minutes to fill his low HP, and u are FORCED to make some upgrades, u don't have a choice to battle with your desires and risks

BONUS....

The game come to a constant and dynamic battle, not with firebases war or long time with any combat.
That are the reasons.
Destructor

Postby Morax » 02 Sep 2016, 17:50

Please close this thread... it's getting ridiculous at this point.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

Postby nocaps » 02 Sep 2016, 20:07

destructor. dude. you have spent what feels like the past full week mindlessly raving about your perceived problems, even though a grand total of like two people agree with you. at this point i think it is safe to say --

"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree"
nocaps

Has liked: 34 times
FAF User Name: nocaps

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion