BETA: T1 bomber sandboxes

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: BETA: T1 bomber sandboxes

Postby Sir Prize » 19 Aug 2016, 15:50

Easy fix, host lots of beta games! It's the only thing I'm playing at the moment. And post replays when something happens that you don't think would happen with the main patch. People x up after not that long for a beta 1v1 in my experience, and I play in Australian prime (i.e. when the server is dead).
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby JaggedAppliance » 19 Aug 2016, 16:03

PhilipJFry wrote:@JaggedAppliance did you have a harder time microing the beta bomber or the regular bomber (for hoverbombing) or was there no difference for you at all?

Hover bombing was more difficult with beta bombers for me but I obviously have much less practice with them. Normal hoverbombing is extremely easy, with beta it's more difficult but still very easy. Versus engies the beta bomber is strong because you can adjust its direction much faster and it adjusts better when it gets attack orders because of the turnspeed as well as dropping some bombs that are impossible to dodge.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Iszh » 19 Aug 2016, 16:18

But you only need to kill the scout then enemy is blind. Mostly i suffer from t1 bombers but i still like this change no idea why i played a few 1v1 games with alpha to test the bomber and more and in some games i ve been bombed early it was not so harmful like the former hover bombers which could kill you like a 4min gameender. Maybe i like it because finally i can use them as well good with shift attack. I was never able to hover a bomber because i didnt try it and normal usage was always weak. They feel great now.

@Morax i do not really understand how the new aa guns can be stronger. You produce same dps and hp in same time as before. It didnt change at all. If before somebody was able to spam t1 mobile aa guns to stop a t2 gunship snipe then it will be possible in beta as well and otherwise round. The difference is only that you will not be able to kill the t1 mobile aa so fast like before. So enemy gets his dps a bit more slow but can keep it a bit longer if you attack the aa guns. Not much difference i can see.

But while reading your post i got the impression you should be a big friend for my idea in the jester stinger thread :lol:
Iszh
Evaluator

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 126 times
FAF User Name: Iszh

Postby keyser » 19 Aug 2016, 19:37

new aa is stronger than previous one because :
- it survive 1 bomber path, allowing it to shoot at bomber after first drop, and still do 100% damage, not losing 50% of the dps like previously (losing 1 aa = losing 50% dps)

it's like if you were making a super-mantis that had double stat of the 2 mantis. the super-mantis would win vs the 2 mantis. that's (part of) why higher tier unit have (often) less dps/hp per mass.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby keyser » 19 Aug 2016, 19:48

and there is a replay of team game where i go 1st bomber.
not sure if worth it or not.
Attachments
5059855-keyser.fafreplay
(387.87 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Previous