New navy factory hitpoints and stuff...

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

New navy factory hitpoints and stuff...

Postby Viba » 30 Jul 2016, 14:54

Changes in the current beta regarding navy fac hitpoints have gone in the right direction, but far too radically. A T3 HQ should die from a nuke, yes...

But having T3 slave factories with ~10khp is just not right. This means whoever gets one or more battleships into enemy production can wipe out several factories easily, factories which might be producing 9k mass battleships inside them. People might also just start ignoring navy and producing strats/solaces/sneaky tactics to snipe factories since they are so weak.
Same goes for T2 factories, HQ:s die to two TML:s or a few passes from torps, and it is just sad that T2 support facs have almost similar HP to current T1 facs.

In terms of naval warfare the changes to T3 factory HP, buildtime and cost are really hard on UEF. UEF is already weak at T2 against other factions, sometimes going early T3 is the best option. Making the T3 factory weaker and harder to get is just a kick in the balls for UEF and leaves them vulnerable for a longer time.

With the new changes people might just ignore naval fighting and run units past enemy units into production doing kamikaze runs like it would be Pearl Harbor 2k16. Or conversely ignore naval gameplay and focus on air, especially if opponent is cybran. Few torps to kill cruisers and few torps/bombers to kill their very weak factories, game over. With weak naval factories TML acu is even more viable, not to even mention the weaker economy buildings for any other faction than UEF...

Overall I don't particularly like the new patch, it changes the gameplay too much instead of "balance". But this is the issue that has been bothering me the most. I didn't include many examples or any replays or such, because the changes on paper and their effects are so obvious to people who actually play big naval fights.

The winter is coming, and I am ready.
Last edited by Viba on 30 Jul 2016, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Viba
Councillor - Moderation

Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: !smurfcheck Viba

Re: New navy factory hitpoints and stuff...

Postby PhilipJFry » 30 Jul 2016, 15:01

Maybe a small damage buff to naval nukes would help with the issue?
That way we wouldn't "have" to nerf navy fac hp this hard.
cats>dogs
post logs
PhilipJFry
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 232 times
Been liked: 348 times
FAF User Name: PhilipJFry

Postby PascalP » 30 Jul 2016, 18:23

pointless to talk about Zock does what he wants not what the community wants ... so good job gieb
PascalP

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times
FAF User Name: PascalP

Postby JaggedAppliance » 30 Jul 2016, 18:59

Viba wrote:Changes in the current beta regarding navy fac hitpoints have gone in the right direction, but far too radically. A T3 HQ should die from a nuke, yes...

But having T3 slave factories with ~10khp is just not right. This means whoever gets one or more battleships into enemy production can wipe out several factories easily, factories which might be producing 9k mass battleships inside them. People might also just start ignoring navy and producing strats/solaces/sneaky tactics to snipe factories since they are so weak.
Same goes for T2 factories, HQ:s die to two TML:s or a few passes from torps, and it is just sad that T2 support facs have almost similar HP to current T1 facs.

In terms of naval warfare the changes to T3 factory HP, buildtime and cost are really hard on UEF. UEF is already weak at T2 against other factions, sometimes going early T3 is the best option. Making the T3 factory weaker and harder to get is just a kick in the balls for UEF and leaves them vulnerable for a longer time.

With the new changes people might just ignore naval fighting and run units past enemy units into production doing kamikaze runs like it would be Pearl Harbor 2k16. Or conversely ignore naval gameplay and focus on air, especially if opponent is cybran. Few torps to kill cruisers and few torps/bombers to kill their very weak factories, game over. With weak naval factories TML acu is even more viable, not to even mention the weaker economy buildings for any other faction than UEF...

Overall I don't particularly like the new patch, it changes the gameplay too much instead of "balance". But this is the issue that has been bothering me the most. I didn't include many examples or any replays or such, because the changes on paper and their effects are so obvious to people who actually play big naval fights.

The winter is coming, and I am ready.

I pretty much agree with your opening statement that the hp changes go too far. The idea is correct to try make hqs more vulnerable and to allow them to be sniped because their hp is really large currently.

Zock's idea behind making the hp changes so large is to see how it will affect the game when it's tested. Is this change perfect? probably not but if you make a more conservative change to hps and that works fine then you'll never know if this larger change is actually better.

The changes to naval hqs do slow that tech switch a bit but they aren't direct nerfs because the fac gets more buildpower to try reduce some of the engy spam around naval facs. I'm not sure it will have that big an impact on UEF but I can see your point that these changes could hurt them.

When you're talking about attacking facs to do damage instead of attacking their army it sounds pretty interesting tbh xD some new ways of fighting someone that aren't just head on engagments. Ofc if those tactics of attacking factories are too strong then we will see in seton's. I might even host a seton's beta game ....
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby IceDreamer » 30 Jul 2016, 22:02

Viba wrote:The winter is coming, and I am ready.

Good luck with all those unfixed bugs! ;)
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Exotic_Retard » 30 Aug 2016, 02:24

equilibrium has higher hp values for support factories (15-22.5k) <3

we game cybran special super high hp buildings (gasp) because they cant have shields and so they are more resistant to sniping instead. every other faction can use shields to protect themselves to some degree (easier since hover shields can be built from naval facs now)

http://equilibrium.x10host.com/changelog/#factories

enjoy your balance <3

/me slinks back into the shadows
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Return to Balance Discussion