Faction Diversity

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Faction Diversity

Postby Hawkei » 13 Aug 2016, 19:48

If I recall the earlier vanilla/FA days when bombers didn't have radar (and would loose their attack orders on loss of sight) this just made having comprehensive radar more important. Going for T2 and then T3 radar ASAP was far more crucial. it was either this or scout spamming.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby SpoCk0nd0pe » 14 Aug 2016, 06:39

Blodir wrote:It is of course arguable how big the problems caused by 3655 are, however I do not see why we can't introduce faction diversity in more healthy ways. It's not like there's a particular need for these changes specifically and they are causing a lot of dismay, why not choose a safer route?

Is there really a safer route? I would assume that nerfing Cybran toys will cause much more dismay.

Maybe there is a way to resolve the issue satisfactory: Compensate the lower HP with regen. This can keep the vulnerability to raiding and bombers but give something nominal in return. That would definitely be something with precedence in the FAF balance.
SpoCk0nd0pe

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 37 times
FAF User Name: SpoCk0nd0pe

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 14 Aug 2016, 15:45

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- Buildings were in balance. No reason to break it. Units on the other hand...

Somebody here said that
Killing bases before was a pain...
- It is perfectly feasible to annihilate a base with a numerical/technological advantage and some basic micro. Of course, you will need proper intel and preparation...
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 14 Aug 2016, 15:48

lich man, please back your posts up with evidence..

it all sounds so wrong to me..
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Nepty » 14 Aug 2016, 22:45

Okay Cybran here's the ultimatum:
Take the weak Buildings, or we'll remove the Mantis from the game. Simple. No other choices. ( That's a joke by the way, but imagine the reaction ). :twisted:

I wonder how the testing is going for the beta patch... Is UEF OP like people were assuming, or there's no difference with stronger structures? I can't wait to get back into FAF. My PC is still broken currently.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 15 Aug 2016, 02:25

biass wrote:lich man, please back your posts up with evidence..

it all sounds so wrong to me..

You see a lot of posts complaining about buildings' HP? I do not.

Also, you want to say that you have never taken a base by storm? ex dee?
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Blodir » 15 Aug 2016, 11:26

Sometimes I wish you could lock the topic so only balance team Zock could post in it
Blodir
Contributor

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 535 times
FAF User Name: Snowbound

Postby Kalvirox » 15 Aug 2016, 18:44

Blodir wrote:Sometimes I wish you could lock the topic so only balance team Zock could post in it

I did wonder why you didn't put this in the private balance forum.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

Postby Zock » 15 Aug 2016, 19:36

Probably because I don't really post there since I believe everyone should have a chance to state their opinion about changes to a game we're all playing, no matter how good we are at it. Everyone is free to discuss as much and with whom they like, but the official forum is here, and open to everyone, and I want it to stay like this, even with all the downsides coming with this.

The way to improve the quality of discussion and opinion is to post more posts that are well thought out and with an opinion based on knowledge about the game and balance, to set an example and encourage more of such posts, like blodir did here (even, or especially when we disagree in many things here) . Not to hide this posts in a different place, even when it can be annoying to have a lot of misinformation or rather adventurous opinions inbetween. Just imagine how I feel. ;)
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby Kalvirox » 15 Aug 2016, 20:05

Don't you feel that the arguments always just end in some sort of cycle of the same people saying the same stuff regardless of the topic though?
You want to open it up to everyone to allow for everyone's opinion but I fail to see how this forum is productive when that happens.

Whatever, this is off topic and I'll stop there.
[SFo]T4ffytr0n2014: You can tell Kalvirox comes from the south by what he is having for lunch
SeraphimLeftNut: Two pieces of copper are electrically the same, but you can stab people with one piece and send UDP packets through another
Kalvirox
Evaluator

Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 133 times
FAF User Name: Kalvirox

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion