Beta patch

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: Beta patch

Postby biass » 31 Jul 2016, 03:51

No, because you would have been complaining for that also

Maybe some of you are missing the whole idea of a beta test, the idea is that we pushed the changes out into the public so that you can get a chance to help tweak and refine the values, what we are looking for is (like blodirs/RK/others) posts that actually have some justification and maybe real game evidence behind them, this is the best way to see some change in the patch, actually pitching your ideas to us, not just complaining.

To impress me for example, you need to be able to see why exactly the team allowed this to change and the ultimate goal we are hunting for, not just shovelling biased post after biased post with no real experience with the change (One of you is whining about RAS despite not ever getting to it in ladder, you know who you are)

I would like to say though, is that people are doing a great job at helping the team test, if you think that comment is directed at you, it probably is, but you're currently being buried under the weight of all the garbage some of us have to shovel through, if you think that comment was also directed at you, it also probably is

Maybe I'm just trying to say, calm down? Try harder? I think you understand my message.
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 31 Jul 2016, 05:53

biass, perhaps you have not noticed, but I do not mention changed which impact I do not see. Such as fire beetles. I never used them, I saw them used against me just 1-2 times which is not enough to make conclusions. I do know, however, that RAS or ARAS's mass nerf is not good. Energy nerf - sure, do it but do not touch the mass output because in 1v1s that involve a lot of T2 spam extra mass is never bad.

About build power changes... Same as with fire beetles: I do not see the negative/positive there, even theoretically, so I keep quiet.

T1 bomber. Just today I had a real 3v3 in beta, on open palms (replay attached, look at ControlK's base 2-4 min, that's around the time when the bomber came). I did 2nd air, bomber + scout. My first bomber has done some damage already and then my scout sees an engy going to get a mex. I had another engy on the muzzle and I decided to send my bomber to the other engy later, without queuing up an attack command. Then while I was flying to the engy and being chased by an intie, I expected to see him on the radar but I forgot that there is no radar. When I had a visual, my bomber already flew past the line when it could drop and had to make a loop. But the intie got it and so I lost it. That is the problem that the removal of the radar has caused - I do not see anything that is beyond my sight range and the bomber drops its bomb when it makes a visual contact. I simply have no time to react, especially since you do not see the engy at the very edge of your visual range, you see it when it's well inside. I had 0.1 of a second to react + I was going in a slightly wrong direction because I did not have radar and I went blindly because I do not have the radar! That is the part that I do not like. I am fine with the cost increase because the bombs and fall trajectory were buffed, but I strongly disagree with the removal of the radar.

Spoiler: show
Do you often see real life bombers working with a scout? Probably not, they have radar of their own.

Spoiler: show
I modified the original post a bit, might want to see it.
Attachments
4994855-MarshalLichKing.fafreplay
T1 bomber
(102.25 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby TheKoopa » 31 Jul 2016, 06:02

If only

There was

A cheap, fast unit

That you could build

For superior intel

LichKing2033 wrote: Do you often see real life bombers working with a scout? Probably not, they have radar of their own.

This is a game, real life is ir-fucking-relevant
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby biass » 31 Jul 2016, 06:03

this post is so absurdly incorrect im not going to bother giving a proper response)

u really think bomber sucks when you got 3 engys with it? without any micro?

and you actually tried to use real life argument xd

ahh why do you post games like this)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Postby Hawkei » 31 Jul 2016, 08:44

LichKing2033 wrote: Do you often see real life bombers working with a scout? Probably not, they have radar of their own.

Yes you do see real life bombers and fighter aircraft working with scouts. Modern conventional aircraft are used in conjunction with AWAC's which are used for detection and target assignment, and they also use UAV's for visual detection. It is also not uncommon for ground attack aircraft to be supported by small unarmed observation aircraft. Unarmed aircraft, such as the O-2 Cessna and OV-10 Broncho, were used in the Vietnam war for visual target identification. They could stay in the combat zone for long periods of time - but could visually identify targets and call in air attack from other heavier attack aircraft. They would mark targets with smoke and flares.

Attack aircraft fly very quickly, and cannot loiter for long periods of time over the target. So they cannot always locate targets, and the cannot always do bomb damage assessment (BDA). Observation aircraft are used for these tasks. So think of the Air Scout as a UAV - because that is exactly what it is.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Plasma_Wolf » 31 Jul 2016, 10:19

I tried to make the RL argument with sonar once, thought hover tanks shouldn't be detected by sonar.

Turns out there were bombers in WWII that had such heavy and loud engines that the sonar of submarines could pick them on their scope :)

Anyway. The current bomber has trouble with its radar, sometimes it simply fails to drop. If you're a fraction of a second late in clicking on the grey blob that just appeared, the bomber may miss it, make an entire turn and lose the blob out of its radar range.

My personal preference is no radar. With bombers having radar, I hardly see the point in scouts. I've got good intel and a good attack on bombers.

I know, low price and high speed and all that, but still...
Plasma_Wolf
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Plasma_Wolf

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 05 Aug 2016, 01:58

T1 bomber is expensive and you want to make people pay extra 40 mass for a scout? Ain't gonna happen, especially with MAA actually hitting something and doing damage. Bomber hit better? Good, it was a buff it deserved long ago.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 05 Aug 2016, 04:39

LichKing2033 wrote:T1 bomber is expensive and you want to make people pay extra 40 mass for a scout? Ain't gonna happen, especially with MAA actually hitting something and doing damage. Bomber hit better? Good, it was a buff it deserved long ago.

people do that already 2x eco master

biass
Contributor

Postby Mel_Gibson » 05 Aug 2016, 14:38

LichKing2033 wrote:T1 bomber is expensive and you want to make people pay extra 40 mass for a scout? Ain't gonna happen, especially with MAA actually hitting something and doing damage. Bomber hit better? Good, it was a buff it deserved long ago.

Totally not a fair representation, but, I've tried this new bomber only once i think, first bomber (UEF) then scout. It was the most devastatingly effective thing i've ever seen. I even had to double check reply to see if what i thought happened was true. Zero micro, zero engies. Gg. Zero re.

On a side note, if hoverbombing is such a big problem for some players i don't see how this is any better but, hey ho.
5001290.fafreplay
(39.01 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
Mel_Gibson

Has liked: 694 times
Been liked: 186 times

Postby biass » 05 Aug 2016, 14:46

Swol wrote:

Totally not a fair representation, but, I've tried this new bomber only once i think, first bomber (UEF) then scout. It was the most devastatingly effective thing i've ever seen. I even had to double check reply to see if what i thought happened was true. Zero micro, zero engies. Gg. Zero re.

On a side note, if hoverbombing is such a big problem for some players i don't see how this is any better but, hey ho.
5001290.fafreplay

wow...

biass
Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion