T1 Bomber/Mobile AA

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: T1 Bomber/Mobile AA

Postby Phelom » 29 Jul 2016, 00:09

Hawkei wrote:The change was not made with noobs in mind. Generally speaking the functionality of the unit has greatly increased, as they can now effectively attack move. It means the unit needs to be babysat less and we can get about this game in a much more macro oriented fashion. it will essentially mean that Air play will become more common. Not less.

As for the whole radar issue. What is so hard about building an air scout? why is this so hard for you to do? They cost nothing, and every time you build a bomber in the early game you should be building an air scout immediately after it. I don't see the problem here. All you need to do is tell an air scout to assist the bomber, and then send the bomber on patrol, and now you have a potent area denial weapon.

..and if radar is so difficult for you, why not bite the bullet and make a T2 radar? Seriously, T2 radar is one of the most underused units in this game.

Are you kidding ? u think i do this because i dont make 2nd scout ? or i never built a radar maybe ?

we are talking about the first 3 min of the game.. and.. a scout is not a bomber, neither a bomber is a scout, why should i do additional task for a unit who is supposed to have the ability ? oh well, assite bomber with a scout.. what a genious idea.. and sorry im not looking for solutions of a problem which should not even exists...

Is the balance consist of making life harder ? or reinvent the wheel again ?
Phelom

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 25 times
FAF User Name: Phelom/Gurzil

Postby Hawkei » 29 Jul 2016, 01:29

I understand that it is the first 3 min of the game. You still build a scout. Considering how critical it is to locate targets and make effective use of the bomber a scout is always a good choice. Now it is even more important. TBH I'm much rather have a better turning bomber, even without radar.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby biass » 29 Jul 2016, 05:12

Have you tried using the bomber in a 1v1 yet?
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby IceDreamer » 29 Jul 2016, 10:46

Also, much of the point of this is to hurt the power of extremely early bombers. You know, the ones where you don't already have stuff scouted? Given this reaction, I'd say mission successful!
IceDreamer
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 488 times

Postby Zock » 29 Jul 2016, 11:22

I moved the thread from balance testing to public balance discussion.
gg no re

ohh! what a pretty shining link! https://www.youtube.com/c/Zockyzock
Zock
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 173 times
Been liked: 397 times
FAF User Name: Zock

Postby JaggedAppliance » 29 Jul 2016, 17:59

The bomber change is pretty large but overall i think it's a good one. I like that they are more useful against units and I think the micro can be more interesting than before. I see the benefits of removing radar, it's an interesting nerf in my opinion, making early bomber attacks more difficult. However, I don't know how many people will just find that change annoying.
Hoverbombing is removed but the way it was removed allows for different micro because the bombers turn much faster. I never really had a problem with hoverbombing but I prefer the micro of this bomber, it's more difficult but potentially more powerful imo. That's the issue I have with the new bomber, I think it's too powerful right now but the ideas are good. I would make the turning circle a bit larger again.
Edit: I think first bomber will be more common because you don't need much or any micro to do decent damage.

Similar story with the maa, the unit feels much better, much more useful. But I think it's probably too good. I'd like them to have lower hp, maybe allow aeon maa to be one shot by some bombers(t2 land cost and buildtime has gone up which is a plus for aeon's t1 stage imo). The faster uef and sera maa can dodge alot of damage quite easily. You can circle dodge vs gunships forever barring some groundfire and dodging bombers is also easier thanks to their speed.
"and remember, u are a noob, u don’t have any rights to disagree" - Destructor

My Youtube channel with casts > https://www.youtube.com/c/jaggedappliance
My Twitch > https://www.twitch.tv/jaggedappliance
JaggedAppliance
Councillor - Balance

Has liked: 734 times
Been liked: 313 times
FAF User Name: JaggedAppliance

Postby Phelom » 29 Jul 2016, 23:58

Attachments
4990382-Phelom.fafreplay
(179.39 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
Phelom

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 25 times
FAF User Name: Phelom/Gurzil

Postby biass » 30 Jul 2016, 05:41

Phelom wrote:This is a game showing how t1 maa buff is a BS

http://content.faforever.com/faf/vault/replay_vault/replay.php?id=4990382

You're actually trying to use this as an argument?
Its pretty easy to kill someone with whatever you choose when they have nothing

What if i said "hue le sprit op ples buff" because i picked off some guy who had no tanks with them?

This is a joke, i really hope
[Edit] you actually think this strat is working? mass for mass you're getting ruined son
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby snuffles » 08 Aug 2016, 07:00

What about significantly increasing the bomber's reload time?
Play the Beta.
snuffles

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Manta-Avoid

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 08 Aug 2016, 11:46

JaggedAppliance wrote: I would make the turning circle a bit larger again.

Exaktli what i say when i see it, while i test number what are in beta for half year and it need 15sec to rotate from 10s as it is in beta from 30s as is in standard.
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion