UEF Aeon discussion

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

UEF Aeon discussion

Postby Nepty » 22 Jul 2016, 07:42

[EDIT BY GORTON] : I split this off from the balance rant/cybran thread by washy

Absolutely nothing is OP about aeon in my opinion. The faction actually has a counters unlike Cybran. Glass T1 tanks killed by a single T1 bomber pass. Also those tanks can't even hold ground. Aeon tech 2 is lacking, it's why most players rush into Tech 3.

I don't fight aeon 80% of the time in current ladder (like cybran), I don't see thread after thread complaining about aeon, and never seen anything saying Aeon is the best. Therefore not OP at all based on my observations.

UEF WTF PWNS Aeon so hard.
Nothing WTF PWNS Cybran. Aeon is just better at dealing with Cybran. However Cybran > Aeon overall in 1vs1. I'm an intermediate aeon player. Aeon requires micro to be effective. With Cybran you can relax and win by moving forward with mantis. :P

In fact you can also win by just being Cybran. Players like Sapphire will just gg instantly and quit after seeing cybran.
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Re: balance rant, cybran OPness etc

Postby biass » 22 Jul 2016, 07:56

uef owns aeon?

Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

test

Postby Hawkei » 22 Jul 2016, 08:50

I wouldn't necessarily say that UEF owns Aeon. But they do in many ways have equally devastating counters to the other strengths. UEF vs. Aeon can go either way and it is the player who best understands the opponents weaknesses and can exploit them who will win. The same as it is with many matchups.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Nepty » 22 Jul 2016, 09:31

biass wrote:uef owns aeon?

YES!

UEF actually have very solid counters against them.

Yeah, when I'm using UEF on a 5x5 map. In fact UEF's ACU with Gun upgrade > Aeon's entire tech one land. Aeon is a walk in the park when I fight them. Zig zag movement with an army of Strikers versus an army of Auroras. I WTF smash the entire aeon army with minimal loses on my end. Seen it many times and it's very beautiful. I also radar snipe constantly with bombers to counter their long range ACU & units.

I dunno how you guys use UEF, but aeon isn't a threat to me. I celebrate a little when see them instead of Cybran. If it's on a lame ass map like Four Corners, I understand Aeon is a threat then. Obviously.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Postby biass » 22 Jul 2016, 09:52

probably best to play against someone who isnt a rating 200 can actually micro aurora

bad times ahead stalker
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby nine2 » 22 Jul 2016, 10:44

what is wrong with obsidians? i think they are cool.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Sir Prize » 22 Jul 2016, 10:58

Obsidians are cool (they used to get called OPsidians right?), Harbs/T3 in general is just better and easy to rush. Before the Loyalist rush was completely OP, the Harb rush was, and before that it was Percies. Nerf T3 rushes, and you leave Cybran needing to make Rhinos work against T2 tanks that are all slightly better, and with a paper gun com.
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby Nepty » 22 Jul 2016, 11:12

biass wrote:probably best to play against someone who isnt a rating 200 can actually micro aurora

Micro won't help if all your shots miss. They will miss. I battle people between 1600-1900 rating only. Custom 1vs1's.

So easy to say "Micro Aurora". Against fast zig zagging targets, almost no shots will land. Nothing you can do! If you get close with Aurora tanks-- you lose. Strikers have more HP.

I suggest you get back to farming rated 200 players, and pray we never meet on the battlefield. I tend to avoid negative 500 rated players. I can do cheap shots too. Just because you don't recognize my name doesn't give you the right to assume anything or make slick comments. I'll leave it at that. Good night.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Postby Sir Prize » 22 Jul 2016, 11:29

Genuinely interested Nepty, can you post replays of you murdering 1600-1900 Aeon players with UEF?
Sir Prize
Evaluator

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 91 times
FAF User Name: Sir-Prize

Postby KeyBlue » 22 Jul 2016, 11:38

I'm a lowly +1100 player.

Can you provide me with a replay of these fast zigzagging units that aurora can't hit?
How do zigzagging units catch up to aurora that kite back in straight line?

What about 10x10 where ACU can't be everywhere?
What about longer range gun Aeon ACU?

And I am talking about 10+ units vs 10+ units. I know labs can easy outmicro an aurora.

Just hoping to gain some of that knowledge you claim to have. ( i mainly play UEF in 1v1 :p ) (couldn't find your ladder rating :( )

PS: sorry for talking about aeon in a Cybran OP thread.

Good UEF vs AEON replay like SirPrize suggests would be good aswell. Just need some guidelines and then we can even see it in action.
KeyBlue
Priest

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 93 times
FAF User Name: KeyBlue

Next

Return to Balance Discussion