balance rant, cybran OPness etc

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: balance rant, cybran OPness etc

Postby zeroAPM » 10 Jun 2016, 20:55

Violence wrote:
Sovietpride wrote:people would be up in arms as all the gap players would not know what the hell to do with the toilet-clog-like mess that would amass in the center.

I guess that's where you can use T2 arty or even (*gasp*) T2 bombers for that sweet AoE.
zeroAPM
Priest

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 52 times
FAF User Name: Impressingbutton

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 29 Jun 2016, 17:54

Tokyto wrote:Bricks lose horribly to Percivals, Aeons have OP harbs and nobody plays Sera so who cares about those. Also loyalist overrated imo, they aren't that good.

Nobody plays sera

We all know the reason...
Spoiler: show
It's the broken balance
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby Nepty » 02 Jul 2016, 01:01

Interesting thread. The really sad news is a member tried to warn the FAF community for 3 years about Cybran. I think his name was Supernova or something like that. No one listened, so here we are... I know cybran will never be nerfed, too many Cybran fanboys will make sure of that. So buff all the other factions is our only option. I have some good ideas I'll share later.

Cybran's tech 1 is too superior in my opinion. How I would balance them:

1)Lower mantis HP to 250, increase DPS slightly. Fast and deadly, but low HP. The hard counter would be Seraphim's bomber.
2)Lower jester's HP. Maybe lower its price or build speed. It has too much HP that's just a fact. 350 is okay.

No faction should force another faction to go tech 2 just to counter the tech 1. Yes UEF has to Pillar rush to stop cybran insane tech one spam, and Seraphim has to do something similar with their Tech 2 assault bot.

The cybran faction is OP in 1v1, it always was. Shame it took over 3 years for people to notice. Best tech one, best tech 2 gunship and fighter bomber, best TML, fastest experimental build speed. I could go on and on. I just want balance. Don't use the faction diversity excuse to keep cybran OP. Let's do what's best for FAF.
Original join Date: August 21, 2012 | Original FAF account: Cybrankiller | Highest skill rating: 1780
Favorite map: Vale of Isis | Favorite faction: UEF | Favorite opponent: Anaryl | Favorite pro: Chosen
Nepty

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 56 times
FAF User Name: Sapphire

Postby biass » 02 Jul 2016, 02:48

Nepty wrote:No faction should force another faction to go tech 2 just to counter the tech 1.

aurora.

cybran are getting nerfed son, go join the balance team if you're so passionate and you can see for yourself

also ayy lmao if ur hawkei i didnt notice
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 02 Jul 2016, 03:47

Nepty wrote:Interesting thread. The really sad news is a member tried to warn the FAF community for 3 years about Cybran. I think his name was Supernova or something like that. No one listened, so here we are... I know cybran will never be nerfed, too many Cybran fanboys will make sure of that. So buff all the other factions is our only option.

That... is a good thought. If other factions are buffed a bit, that might just fix the balance.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby briang » 02 Jul 2016, 16:05

Looks like we've got another cringe poster fellas!

FML
Ninrai 2015- briang is usually an aggressive d****e
briang
Spammer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 65 times
FAF User Name: YouLikeThat

Postby NapSpan » 02 Jul 2016, 20:31

biass wrote:
Nepty wrote:No faction should force another faction to go tech 2 just to counter the tech 1.

aurora.

cybran are getting nerfed son, go join the balance team if you're so passionate and you can see for yourself

also ayy lmao if ur hawkei i didnt notice

But with Aurora is quite fun, 20 Auroras being reduced to ashes by 2 mongooses, with Cybrans is not funny at all.
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby nine2 » 21 Jul 2016, 13:05

briang wrote:Looks like we've got another cringe poster fellas!
FML

Haha omg I just found out you got permbanned from forums. It literally happened on my birthday too.

Not sure about cybran being op myself. Apparently everything aeon is op... Aurora too good so you have to go early t2, then obsidians apparently dominate, and t2 air, then harb rush. Doesn't apply to team games obviously.. I mean more 1v1 or 2v2... You know, real games.
nine2
Councillor - Promotion

Has liked: 285 times
Been liked: 515 times
FAF User Name: Anihilnine

Postby Isen » 26 Jul 2016, 16:47

wOowaaeeeeeeeo, long time not being around, cybran op now??? what happened, medusas killing t1 pds now? i have been reading a bit the forums but as i can´t talk about how the game is now i will just shut up, anyway i can't play yet (or at least i shouldn't, although i really want to... :( )
I think you shouldn't try to balance the game for teamgames since on teamgames teams can mix factions, and also shouldn't balance the game for making it eassier to newcomers but if there is some imbalance on top players matches ok go ahead and try to balance it up.
I love Cybran i played it because they were weaker than other factions, so if you nerf them it is ok for me, i will still love them.

Best regards

Isen
Isen

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
FAF User Name: Isen_

Postby NapSpan » 26 Jul 2016, 19:02

Isen wrote:wOowaaeeeeeeeo, long time not being around, cybran op now??? what happened, medusas killing t1 pds now? i have been reading a bit the forums but as i can´t talk about how the game is now i will just shut up, anyway i can't play yet (or at least i shouldn't, although i really want to... :( )
I think you shouldn't try to balance the game for teamgames since on teamgames teams can mix factions, and also shouldn't balance the game for making it eassier to newcomers but if there is some imbalance on top players matches ok go ahead and try to balance it up.
I love Cybran i played it because they were weaker than other factions, so if you nerf them it is ok for me, i will still love them.

Best regards

Isen

Well, now Cybrans are OP as hell, Medusas will paralize your army, Corsairs would blow up your ACU ass and if that doesnt work, add some fire beetles, T3 stage? some loya rush, enemy handle it? early monkeylord, brick spam, telemazer, megalith etc...
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion