balance rant, cybran OPness etc

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: balance rant, cybran OPness etc

Postby ZLO_RD » 20 May 2016, 09:13

If your opponent does not make t2 you might as well just roll them over on t2 stage with pillars that work as good as titans and often even better

Only once I actually rushed percy on badlands and lost 1 percy to mantis spam and could not attack for some time cause there was just to many t1, but I just kept getting more and more percy and pay more attansion to kiting amd that t1 shit turns into veteranicy eventually, and in more normal situation you would have some pillars left after t2 phase that work good against t1, especially arty
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby Hawkei » 20 May 2016, 09:22

ZLO_RD wrote:... in more normal situation you would have some pillars left after t2 phase that work good against t1, especially arty
This^

Which is what I've been saying. You use Pillars, not Titans, for screening your Percivals against T1 spam. This is most efficient way to use UEF. Titan has no role in the UEF main army.
Hawkei
Supreme Commander

Location: A rather obscure planet in a small cluster of stars on the outer edge of the Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 182 times
FAF User Name: Firewall

Postby Exotic_Retard » 20 May 2016, 11:21

meh, this percy stuff is somewhat disappointing tbh. how can so much argument be done over this - in real life if i see someone with such a shitton of spam i build walls = percies win.

Spoiler: show
on a side note, both ithilis and keyser, what the f*** : D
you two are supposed to be respecting each other as individuals interested in balance, not being little bitches and jumping at the chance to insult.

i dont want to see any more of this from either of you. <3
Exotic_Retard
Contributor

Has liked: 557 times
Been liked: 626 times
FAF User Name: Exotic_Retard

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 20 May 2016, 12:03

Can some moderator cut this discusion from some not related - perci striker shit and move it as new threat in generál discusion?

Im sorry washy :-/
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby NapSpan » 20 May 2016, 15:01

There are 3 main threats about balance just now, one to buff Titan (magic balance wizards are ignoring this one since it started...), other about Navy balance and how submarines do nothing and this one about how much Cybrans are OP and what we can nerf to balance them (like nerf Loyalist and Bricks because they cant be so tanky).
Hawkei is right, Titans need buff desperately but lets go back to the topic, how we can balance Cybrans because i,m tired about playing ever vs Cybrans in ladder.
They are supposed to have versatile army full with cheese units, thats ok, they should have this cheese options to compensate weaknesses but they dont have weaknesses...
We have "Continentals" so moving shit around must be important.
NapSpan

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 61 times
FAF User Name: NapSpan

Postby keyser » 20 May 2016, 17:07

we are not ignoring these threads at all.
Zockyzock:
VoR is the clan of upcoming top players now
keyser
Councillor - Game

Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 540 times
FAF User Name: keyser

Postby Axle » 20 May 2016, 23:56

According to a modified trueskill rating, playing Cybran versus UEF may be worth about 60pts of skill in favour of the cybran player. You could get the 1v1 match maker to take that into account when matching players. This could be a very effective back-patch for auto-balance?

See viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11698&hilit=trueskill+parameter+tuning&start=20#p126735
Axle

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
FAF User Name: Axle

Postby TheKoopa » 21 May 2016, 01:18

Tone it down a bit guys

I moved the irrev posts into a new topic. Feel free to comment there.
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby Sovietpride » 10 Jun 2016, 12:58

ZLO_RD wrote:If your opponent does not make t2 you might as well just roll them over on t2 stage with pillars that work as good as titans and often even better

Only once I actually rushed percy on badlands and lost 1 percy to mantis spam and could not attack for some time cause there was just to many t1, but I just kept getting more and more percy and pay more attansion to kiting amd that t1 shit turns into veteranicy eventually, and in more normal situation you would have some pillars left after t2 phase that work good against t1, especially arty

The main issue I've found is that by the time you have enough t2 to make a difference and can threaten your opponent they can get to loyalists- which have the speed, range and numbers to effectively nullify a t2 force and retake/push.

As for the cybran ACU having too much regen, this only applies to stock commanders. A t2/gun ACU eats a cybran one for breakfast.
In my world I would have reduced vanilla ACU regen to something like 11/12,
And shift the regen to the stealth upgrade. That should appease most people.
If the games tight, then there's no "unfair" free advantage.
If people invest in upgrades, they get suitably rewarded for it.
Sovietpride

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 109 times
FAF User Name: Sovietpride

Postby Morax » 10 Jun 2016, 18:54

Sovietpride wrote:The main issue I've found is that by the time you have enough t2 to make a difference and can threaten your opponent they can get to loyalists- which have the speed, range and numbers to effectively nullify a t2 force and retake/push.

So, this is basically a vanilla Supp Comm thing where t3 is quite difficult to get and t4 is VERY rare. In vanilla if anyone got an experimental it was basically gg, for good reason. Over time people got upset that they barely got to see one the staple features of the "experimental" and the costs were lowered so that they were more common.

In 1v1, I think it would be GREAT to have a prolonged t2 stage as it's more tactical than t3 where it is mostly brute force of super-heavy units. In team games, though, people would be up in arms as all the gap players would not know what the hell to do with the toilet-clog-like mess that would amass in the center.

If I were to make the game balanced in this way, I would make a "competitive mode" where we suit it to high-level play and a "common mode" for GAP and the likes players.

It would be so awesome to return to prolonged t1, t2, and sometimes t3 games. That is the way it was meant to be.
Maps and Modifications Councilor

M&M Discord Channel

Come join us and help create content with the artists of FAF.
Morax
Councillor - Maps and Mods

Has liked: 1167 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: Morax

PreviousNext

Return to Balance Discussion