Improved Pathfinding if possible for Balance

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Improved Pathfinding if possible for Balance

Postby Um ZiniZini » 04 May 2016, 16:40

The thing that gets me sometimes is when u can't move your Tempest or stupendously large unit in the ocean in time to avoid things such as Nukes or Tactical Missiles, your Tempest or battleships stutters or don't move as the approaching nuke draws nearer and they fail to leave the area and die. I wish to know if there is anyway the patch/developer people of FAF or whichever willing and capable okes reading this might be able to give this game a better pathfinding system. I don't know of the magnitude of work I am implying here but its something I always wished for Forged alliance forever. I believe it would balance the game in a small way by say making masses of T3 percivals of equal mass to a MK more manageble and thus in a slight sense the whole setup more balanced. Im not a fan of Supcom 2 its too simplified in comparison to this one but its only feature I truely appreciate is the pathfinding of supcom2. To sum it all up I wish to know if it is plausible to give this game some rough equivalent of supcom2's pathfinding? Now i don't know the magnitude of effort relative to this game's programming environment to accomplish such a task, but its a nice piece of imagination I have while playing this game say of how cool it would be if your acu stops keeping bashing against t1 engineers when it tries to move and so on and a lot of other instances. Thus far I am very thankful for this game being kept alive.
Um ZiniZini

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times
FAF User Name: UmZiniZini

Return to Balance Discussion