t1 mobile aa needs a buff.

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Re: t1 mobile aa needs a buff.

Postby alreadyded » 15 Apr 2016, 23:42

None of the AA in the game are all that great against T1 bomber spam, even flak is only good if the bombers are in one or two large groups. If you spread them out and coordinate an attack flak (or a formation with a few mobile flak) will only kill a few before it gets bombed to death. I remember in supcom one just spamming T1 bombers and carpet bombing even in late T3 stage and it was extremely effective, at least you can't do that anymore. Though hover bombing does make use of this increased rate of fire/damage that carpet bombing gave by flying them over in formation with no attack orders, but I have only ever seen people hover bomb in the first few minutes and it is easy to dodge with so few units on the field.
alreadyded

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: alreadyded

Re: t1 mobile aa needs a buff.

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 24 Apr 2016, 03:38

alreadyded wrote:I think they are fine against T1 Bombers and Inties as is, but they really blow at taking down a T1 transport. I build 3-5 and assist them to a building or unit to spread them out and bombers will get to drop one bomb max, which only hits one AA, before dying (if they are attacking something further on then no bombs dropped). Seems like a favorable trade to me since T1 AA is so cheap and fast to build. Even with 5 AA a T1 transport can fly over them and still successfully drop while still being shot at and probably get away with some health, that seems wrong to me.

Edit; A small range buff might be good, I don't think that would help too much to make the unit OP. Buffing damage will not stop bombers from dropping on formations with some T1 mobile AA mixed in so that might work too.

Nah, nah, nah. I think MAA is good as it is, it takes down lone bombers and it's not meant to do much more. If you want more - spam static AA, they are cheap and useful. For fighting pack of bombers there are inties and flak. If your enemy is going bomber spam, then they are probably investing less into inties - so spam them. Bomber cost (80M, 2250E) > intie cost (50M, 2250E), for every 5 bombers he makes you get 8 inties.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Previous

Return to Balance Discussion