Walled T1 PD

Moderator: JaggedAppliance

Walled T1 PD

Postby ax0lotl » 07 Mar 2016, 14:54

I have the impression that walled T1 PD's used to be targetted better in the past. The walls would protect the PD from T1 units and low T2 tanks only. Nowadays T2 and T3 bots also have trouble with them.
Examples:
https://youtu.be/uHIKde0J3Zs?t=1616
https://youtu.be/uHIKde0J3Zs?t=1844
I recall that something has been changed with target bones a year ago or so, maybe that caused a change? Or am I wrong and has targeting of T1 PD in walls always been this bad?
I hear that it is considered to lower wall health. That sounds like a workaround to me, not solving the real problem.
ax0lotl

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 35 times
FAF User Name: ax0lotl

Re: Walled T1 PD

Postby speed2 » 07 Mar 2016, 15:02

It's always was bad and if someone knew how to fix it, it would be done already. Nerfing wall HP to 2000 won't solve this, but it will help. And walls are OP anyway so little nerf wont break anything.
speed2
Contributor

Has liked: 636 times
Been liked: 1119 times
FAF User Name: speed2

Postby Ithilis_Quo » 07 Mar 2016, 15:37

i hear that already exist real solution, but problem are players, while now is walled pd parth of general abuse, and while this bug should be fixed people will complain about it. At least i hear some talks from icedremer that he fix it.

Less hp on wall is not absolute solution, but it help a lot. (2000hp in eq and same time for reclaim as for build)
"Fixed in Equilibrium" Washy
Ithilis_Quo
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 181 times
FAF User Name: Ithilis

Postby ZLO_RD » 07 Mar 2016, 16:07

i am fine with walled PD being OP

but real problem for me is inconsistency...
some times units shoot PD, sometimes they don't, some times they shoot front walls, sometimes shoot back walls, same wall pattern does not do anything to protect antiair PD...

it even looks as if order in witch you make buildings in template might affect result, but not 100% sure...
http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus
http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd
TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI"
ZLO_RD
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 303 times
Been liked: 400 times
FAF User Name: ZLO

Postby dstojkov » 08 Mar 2016, 13:57

Ithilis_Quo wrote: At least i hear some talks from icedremer that he fix it

He just fix nothing

This bug is a cancer ... there is solutions but ... this implies radical change in the game play and no one want to take those measures .. a kind of statu quo

it ruins the dynamics of the game forcing to wait that your arty kills the pd not to mention that faf rebalanced the arty with randomness so that sometime it can last like forever thus leaving your opponents plenty of time to react
dstojkov
Evaluator

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby TheKoopa » 08 Mar 2016, 14:12

dstojkov wrote:

He just fix nothing

This bug is a cancer ... there is solutions but ... this implies radical change in the game play and no one want to take those measures .. a kind of statu quo

it ruins the dynamics of the game forcing to wait that your arty kills the pd not to mention that faf rebalanced the arty with randomness so that sometime it can last like forever thus leaving your opponents plenty of time to react

what
Feather: I am usually pretty good in judging people's abilities, intelligence and motives

Evildrew: Just because I didnt choose you for my team last year doesnt give you the right to be all bitchy and negative about my proposal
TheKoopa
Contributor

Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 225 times
FAF User Name: Gently-

Postby biass » 08 Mar 2016, 14:19

TheKoopa wrote:
dstojkov wrote:

He just fix nothing

what

statu quo
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 19 Mar 2016, 04:12

Status Quo - same as before. In this context - unchangeable.

Walled T1 PD is the logical response to people spamming T1 and T2 in ladders and team games. T1 PD can chew up T1 (naturally), of which there are plenty. Walls are made to protect against weapons that shoot in a straight line as then wall will stop it, if the line of fire is below it.

P.S.: T1 adn T2 spam are the logical and are irremovable from Supreme Commander series. No matter which one.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Postby biass » 19 Mar 2016, 06:50

LichKing2033 wrote:Walled T1 PD is the logical response to people spamming T1 and T2 in ladders and team games.

no
T1 pd helps secure an expansion and can provide small benefits to units who are defending, on their own, pd's are just some delaying tool, pd wont stop any army with arty in them or most t2 armies

The problem is that the time spent 'delaying' forces are inconsistent, as ZLO said, some units will have no problem chewing through PD but other units (Aeon guncom, aurora, blaze maybe, etc) need to first shoot and kill the back wall before the pd will even start taking damage, if we cannot find some way to fix the hit box then some small wall nerf like speed said would be ok, if you didnt like it that much just make the walls two layered, its only an extra 2 or w/e mass
Map thread: https://bit.ly/2PBsa5H

Petricpwnz wrote:biass on his campaign to cleanse and remake every single map of FAF because he is an untolerating reincarnation of mapping hitler
biass
Contributor

Has liked: 598 times
Been liked: 662 times
FAF User Name: biass

Postby Lieutenant Lich » 19 Mar 2016, 14:23

[quote="biass"] PD benefits to units who are defending, on their own, pd's are just some delaying tool, pd wont stop any army with arty in them or most t2 armies[/quote]

That, too.
Don't complain about that which you aren't willing to change.

My mod:
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12864
Lieutenant Lich
Evaluator

Has liked: 992 times
Been liked: 818 times

Next

Return to Balance Discussion